Wikiposts

Skilled Visa Processing - Still Ongoing

Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:55 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled Visa Processing - Still Ongoing

A quick note to advise that I have spoken with a senior officer at the Skilled Processing Centre today who has confirmed that skilled visas are still being processed to grant.

However, the rate of visa grants has slowed as they move towards hitting the program total for 2007/08.

Best regards.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:56 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Visa Processing - Still Ongoing

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A quick note to advise that I have spoken with a senior officer at the Skilled Processing Centre today who has confirmed that skilled visas are still being processed to grant.

However, the rate of visa grants has slowed as they move towards hitting the program total for 2007/08.

Best regards.
Thank you for the information Alan! You are always very helpful to think of us

Kati *also waiting in limboland*
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:58 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Also:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=453

Best regards.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

saintyc will become famous soon enough

Why can't this sort of information be given to us on something like the current processing times e-mail that gets sent out?

I had seen this rumour about the reaching the grant limit for the year on a few other sites so it is good to hear that there is some truth in it.

Assuming that this is a yearly occurence (although I appreciate that this will be the first year that there has been online application to deal with), is it noticeable the turnaround in visa applications being granted come the 1st July? Was there a flood of visa grants after the 1st July 2007?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi Alan

This is very much appreciated and although it would be nice to have better news its nice to be informed at least then we can all plan ahead accordingly.

Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

wiffle? is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this info Alan, at last some info that makes sense of this slowwwwwwwwwww process!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

Allan this is great news thanks for posting I hope that we hear something soon.

Our status page changed to MET yesterday so fingers crossed that they will be good movement soon

Thanks

Nadine
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saintyc
Why can't this sort of information be given to us on something like the current processing times e-mail that gets sent out?

I had seen this rumour about the reaching the grant limit for the year on a few other sites so it is good to hear that there is some truth in it.

Assuming that this is a yearly occurence (although I appreciate that this will be the first year that there has been online application to deal with), is it noticeable the turnaround in visa applications being granted come the 1st July? Was there a flood of visa grants after the 1st July 2007?
First July usually sees a flurry of "Got Its" on here
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
First July usually sees a flurry of "Got Its" on here
Will put the bubbly on ice then!!! From that I take it they have them ready to go for the 1st July.

Good luck everyone!!!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:20 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck all you poor people waiting for the final say-so & thank you Allan for keeping us all informed

Have a hug from me
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

That slowed processing rate could be one permanent visa per month

Hopefully they are still doing the background work that can be done so that there will be a huge rubber stamping session during July and a whole load of visas will be allocated.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Best regards.
So what does that mean or mean for me,my application was in on 21st nov 07 and everything is front loaded,176 and modl,maybe its being looked at now and maybe granted the visa without knowing i had a case officer or maybe i just need to wait and wait,does this mean i could miss out and not get it if they are coming to an end?
There seems to be loads around my time and after that have had there one met or have case officers mine just not changed or shows any change,maybe mine is being looked into more,but i sure am getting sick and with worry if i get it or not and when etc.
Will this above affect me,what happens if it does.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:23 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

Best regards.
That's really good news. I was starting a little paranoid there... Thanks Alan! Well guys, only another 2 weeks plus to go!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
Migration Agent

Originally Posted by brian.w
So what does that mean or mean for me,my application was in on 21st nov 07 and everything is front loaded,176 and modl,maybe its being looked at now and maybe granted the visa without knowing i had a case officer or maybe i just need to wait and wait,does this mean i could miss out and not get it if they are coming to an end?
There seems to be loads around my time and after that have had there one met or have case officers mine just not changed or shows any change,maybe mine is being looked into more,but i sure am getting sick and with worry if i get it or not and when etc.
Will this above affect me,what happens if it does.
Maybe you need to calm down, Brian.

Remember that all good things come to those who wait ...

Best regards.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Alan, its Saturday afternoon, do you ever switch off from all this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.