skilled visa

Old Oct 30th 2002, 8:58 am
Just Joined

laurence is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skilled visa

Do you need an immigration consultant for skilled visa..
I mean: can you on your own deal with the assessment...seems quite complicated...
I'm already not to fond of red paper stuff with french administration so with oz administration , 20000 km away ??!!

heu, yes I'm not exactly british...but I couldn't find the "successfully&happy-to-be-french-in-oz.com" web site...

Thanks !!
Old Oct 30th 2002, 9:31 am
sydneyrose

Default Re: skilled visa

Originally posted by laurence
I mean: can you on your own deal with the assessment...seems quite complicated...
I'm already not to fond of red paper stuff with french administration so with oz administration , 20000 km away ??!!

heu, yes I'm not exactly british...but I couldn't find the "successfully&happy-to-be-french-in-oz.com" web site...

Thanks !!
You may be interested to know, laurence, that oz was almost a french colony. Jean Francois de Galaup, Comte de Laperouse explored the Pacific and arrived in Botany Bay on 25-1-1788 to find the British already there. Oz was claimed for Britain the following day. A suburb of Sydney is named La Perouse. Also a later scientific exploration under the French explorer Nicolas Baudin took place in 1802 and if you look on the map of Western Australia you will see French names of that trip. The French were also the first to get to Tasmania - more French names.
Sorry I can't help you with your questions. Have you tried contacting the French community in Sydney? Could they help?

Old Oct 30th 2002, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: skilled visa

Hi Laurence,
In my opinion, about 50% of the candidates deal with an immigration agent. It can be useful to choose a good strategy but that does not increase your chances of getting your PR.

I'm french too (hey guys ! you could update the forum's name to Bristish and others expats ) and I lodged my application for permanent residency under skilled-independent category in Feb 2002. That means that I already went through all that stuff with the french administration...

I'll be happy to help you if I can, for instance to find a sworn translator, or about the IELTS test and centers...

My email : [email protected]

Welcome in the world of people dreaming of the Oz country
Myriam

Originally posted by laurence

Thanks !!