Skilled Migration Visa

Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:53 am
Just Joined

McHugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migration Visa

Hi,

Im at the final stages of my visa application, Iv done my medical and its been sent to my case officer and my police certs have gone too but Im not sure what exactly happens from here. Can anyone tell me whats next and roughly how long it takes after this as Im trying to plan when roughly I can head back.

Thanks
McHugh
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migration Visa

Originally Posted by McHugh
Hi,

Im at the final stages of my visa application, Iv done my medical and its been sent to my case officer and my police certs have gone too but Im not sure what exactly happens from here. Can anyone tell me whats next and roughly how long it takes after this as Im trying to plan when roughly I can head back.

Thanks
McHugh
Welcome.

You just need to wait. It could take any amount of time. Read the Health Operations Centre thread or the monthly applications threads e.g. May 2009 applications.

There is also a sticky thread at the top of this forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637230

Good luck!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:46 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks
McHugh
If this is just recently that your CO has requested the medical examination and police report, if there is nothing in those to warrant further information to be sought and all is well, DIAC processing remaining normal and especially if you have a CSL occupation you should hear from DIAC within a month or so, perhaps even quicker.
Doing medicals and police checks is never a guarantee.
Have a read of http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

If you're not on the CSL, as Alfresco says, just wait.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

McHugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
If this is just recently that your CO has requested the medical examination and police report, if there is nothing in those to warrant further information to be sought and all is well, DIAC processing remaining normal and especially if you have a CSL occupation you should hear from DIAC within a month or so, perhaps even quicker.
Doing medicals and police checks is never a guarantee.
Have a read of http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

If you're not on the CSL, as Alfresco says, just wait.
Thanks.

Ya Im on the CSL and my case officer has received everything so hopefully itll come through in the next couple of weeks.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Ya Im on the CSL and my case officer has received everything so hopefully itll come through in the next couple of weeks.
Could be a couple of weeks or it could be another year. It depends on how long it takes for HOC to clear your medicals and your case officer to complete his or her checks on your application.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Could be a couple of weeks or it could be another year. It depends on how long it takes for HOC to clear your medicals and your case officer to complete his or her checks on your application.
What is the term HOC?
Please guide.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by umair
What is the term HOC?
Please guide.
Health Operations Centre. It's where all medicals get sent to.