Wikiposts

Skilled Migrant visa for Chef

Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:47 am
Just Joined

darfushchickentush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migrant visa for Chef

Hiya,

We are about to start this process in applying for the migrant visa. I am a bit confused because some agents are saying that it will be possible and some agents are saying they do'nt think we will get in. My husband has been coking for 15 years and is currently a head chef running his own kitchen but still cooking as well. He did go to College on day release and did work placement training. Unfortuantely it was 15 years go and he can't quite remember how many hours he did exact. Also he worked for the same place on and off for 2 years and then travelled to Australia on a work visa. He ended up working at a CAttle station in Cannarra and various other establishments whilst travelling. He has had a solid work history and quickly progressed to Head Chef. I am not to sure how we are going to get all the references as some of Hotels he worked at in the Cotswolds have been sold on and nobody knows how to get a hold of the old Manor Lords? We are thinking of may be just getting some work assessment done for the TRA. Would we still need to go and get all these references?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant visa for Chef

Originally Posted by darfushchickentush
Hiya,

We are about to start this process in applying for the migrant visa. I am a bit confused because some agents are saying that it will be possible and some agents are saying they do'nt think we will get in. My husband has been coking for 15 years and is currently a head chef running his own kitchen but still cooking as well. He did go to College on day release and did work placement training. Unfortuantely it was 15 years go and he can't quite remember how many hours he did exact. Also he worked for the same place on and off for 2 years and then travelled to Australia on a work visa. He ended up working at a CAttle station in Cannarra and various other establishments whilst travelling. He has had a solid work history and quickly progressed to Head Chef. I am not to sure how we are going to get all the references as some of Hotels he worked at in the Cotswolds have been sold on and nobody knows how to get a hold of the old Manor Lords? We are thinking of may be just getting some work assessment done for the TRA. Would we still need to go and get all these references?
hi
yes you still need to get references or statuatory declarations confirming you worked where and when etc etc. Sounds like you need the help of an agent. Im a chef and used George Lombard as my agent - not a bad word to say about him and his fab team - he posts on here and also has an ad running at the side of the screen i think.
Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daunted
hi
yes you still need to get references or statuatory declarations confirming you worked where and when etc etc. Sounds like you need the help of an agent. Im a chef and used George Lombard as my agent - not a bad word to say about him and his fab team - he posts on here and also has an ad running at the side of the screen i think.
Good luck
Hi, thank you for the info, I will check him out. Was it difficult for you to get in, it sound like the TRA is a nightmare to get through. If you can offer any advise I would be most grateful as I am doing most of this application due to his work hours. We are going to the Expo next week so hopefully things will be clearer.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darfushchickentush
Hi, thank you for the info, I will check him out. Was it difficult for you to get in, it sound like the TRA is a nightmare to get through. If you can offer any advise I would be most grateful as I am doing most of this application due to his work hours. We are going to the Expo next week so hopefully things will be clearer.
send me an email over the weekend to jog my memory (im gettin old) and i will send you an example of the amount of detail you need to put into each description of each and every job. Its daunting (hence my user name) and i sent it back and forth to Georgie boy before it was finally submitted. You have to think that you need to prove you are a chef BUT the person looking at it isnt so there fore its an idiots guide (no disrespect intended) you have to talk through EVERYTHING you do from switchin on the kitchen lights, lighting equipent( EXACTLY how you light it) to a step by step guide to every thing you do
I would find it hard to do for someone else so unless you have the same experience as your other half he really needs to do it for himself
On a positive note ITS WORTH EVERY DROP OF BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Thank you I will do that, I helped OH in Kitchen many times when short staffed making deserts and goodies, so I know little bits of what OH does. Personally I think he hates paperwork,:curse: I do his invoices as well (nice wifey dont you think)
Anyway I e-mailed George and is waiting for a reply, thx so much for info.
I will e-mail you on the weekend.

PS: When we get over there I will look you up and take you for a drink