Wikiposts

Skilled independant migration

Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Phil Reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled independant migration

I done the skills assesment and have the 120 points necessary - or will have when I've been working 12 of the last 18 months in June. Trouble is I'm 30 at the end of July so need to get everything ready to apply before then!

I've got a mechanical engineering degree which is recognised bythe Washington Accord, so I'm hoping that shouldn't cause too many problems.

Could anyone advise which parts of the application take longest to get together so I can start getting on with them first.

Thanks,
Phil.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:54 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled independant migration

Originally Posted by Phil Reader
I done the skills assesment and have the 120 points necessary - or will have when I've been working 12 of the last 18 months in June. Trouble is I'm 30 at the end of July so need to get everything ready to apply before then!

I've got a mechanical engineering degree which is recognised bythe Washington Accord, so I'm hoping that shouldn't cause too many problems.

Could anyone advise which parts of the application take longest to get together so I can start getting on with them first.

Thanks,
Phil.
Filling the main visa application form is easy(ish) the main trouble is with the skills assesment. Spend time looking at that.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Skilled independant migration

Originally Posted by Phil Reader

Thanks,
Phil.
Assuming you are correct in your view that your degree will be accepted by IEAust through the Washington Accord then getting IEAust approval for your skills assessment will be quick once you apply (mine took less than 2 weeks from when I sent the app to getting the positive assessment letter back). They do require a transcript from your university which can be time consuming to get, so you want to request that as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Brian