Skilled Independant Application

Old May 5th 2002, 6:30 pm
Helen Heal

Default Skilled Independant Application

To any one out there,

My husband and I have applied under the skilled independant applicant last August and
we are still awaiting the visas! As we are not allowed to contact the High
Commission, the letter states it will take exactly 15 months for the arrival of the
visas. Does anyone have any experience (before they fly out to oz.) to tell us how
long their wait was?... and why does it takes so long to process a completed
application?

I think the big question on every ones lips is WHY there not an internal system set
up within the immigration department to deal with waiting applicants, a log on
service maybe on the web would be great to try and see how far your application has
gone?... anything to ease the wait.

Helen

Helen

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old May 5th 2002, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Independant Application

Hi Helen

We applied under skilled independent last August too - and got the same letter stating 15 months. Well, in that time the wait went up to 20 months, though judging by some of the messages on this site, it might be coming down a bit again. You may have guessed that those who applied after us to Adelaide are getting their visas through much quicker. Pah!

Have you done your medicals yet? We haven't - think we're going to wait until we're contacted to do those. Have read a few messages saying that they've contacted Australia House and have been surprised at how polite and helpful they've been. So, I suppose you can call them. I haven't yet - but think I will soon - we've done well holding on for this length of time to call haven't we!

Still...as the messages on this site have proven - things do eventually start moving, visas will be granted and everything will be fine - we just have to be patient - it's easier said than done though eh!

Me and hubby and kids are off to Aus May 25 for 3 weeks for a research trip to see where we want to live, schools etc... We're torn between Perth and Sydney at the mo. How about you? What are your plans?

Keep in touch - we're all in the same boat!!

Cheers.

Lisa B
x
Old May 5th 2002, 9:00 pm
Lisa Rudd

Helen, Have you been requested to go for your medicals yet? or get your police
checks done??

Lisa

"Helen Heal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:3558b3ffdcbd03595b1505b14bdfe5e...e.mailgate.org...
    > To any one out there,
    >
    > My husband and I have applied under the skilled independant applicant last August
    > and we are still awaiting the visas! As we are not allowed to contact the High
    > Commission, the letter states it will take exactly 15 months for the arrival of the
    > visas. Does anyone have any experience (before they fly out to oz.) to tell us how
    > long their wait was?... and why does it takes so long to process a completed
    > application?
    >
    > I think the big question on every ones lips is WHY there not an internal system set
    > up within the immigration department to deal with waiting applicants, a log on
    > service maybe on the web would be great to try and see how far your application has
    > gone?... anything to ease the wait.
    >
    > Helen
    >
    > Helen
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old May 6th 2002, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application was also lodged last August and we are also waiting. It's seems like we have put our life on hold and are going to be in limbo for an awful long time - lets hope it will be worth the wait.

I understand that they have cleared all the applications upto Jan2001 so we may have a 6 or 7 month wait, unless things change of course.

I have noticed that some people have been selected to have their applications processed as part of the batch of extra visas given to London. Perhaps when those are done we might be able to get some revised, shorter waiting times. Thats assuming our forms don't get sent to Adelaide to join the back of the queue out there !!!!!

chin up

mandandbri
Old May 6th 2002, 1:10 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Mandandbri,

I don't wish to put a damper on things but I do know that they haven't clearded the backlog up to January 2001. We applied in January 2001 and have been lucky enough to get our visas but I have friends who applied in December 2000 who have been asked for other information and new Police checks and they have not heard since sending these in and I know of another family who applied in November 2000 who have heard nothing at all. The difference with us and the family in November is that we had sent our medicals and police checks in and they haven't.

Living in limbo land is the worst part, but once you get the go ahead it is a wonderful feeling and well worth the wait. see you all in Oz

Susan