Wikiposts

skilled designated area in australia

Old Jul 5th 2004, 2:56 am
Just Joined

pierrefernandez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skilled designated area in australia

Help. is Clayton with postcode 3168 in regional australia. I heard from an agent that they are removing Clayton in the the list. Is this true?

I'm a civil engineer here in the Philippines and my school is in section 2.. Is it wise to be assessed at VETASSESS as a civil engineering technologist which only offers 40 points?

Thank you
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skilled designated area in australia

The definition of 'regional' depends on what visa is being applied for.

For Skilled Designated Area Sponsored, anywhere in Victoria is ok. Is that what you are asking about?

The designated areas for this visa could always be changed, but I've not heard anything specific up to now.

You should be getting assessed in a 50 point occupation if possible (ie, if you qualify - but you may not), as this would likely give a chance of subclass 138 (Skilled Australian Sponsored) if the designated areas were changed. Legally you apply for subclasses 138 and 139 at the same time.

Your agent should be explaining all this (and a lot more) to you.

Jeremy

Originally posted by pierrefernandez
Help. is Clayton with postcode 3168 in regional australia. I heard from an agent that they are removing Clayton in the the list. Is this true?

I'm a civil engineer here in the Philippines and my school is in section 2.. Is it wise to be assessed at VETASSESS as a civil engineering technologist which only offers 40 points?

Thank you
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

pierrefernandez is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks... I plan to apply with the help of no agent. I am tempted to get assessed as an Construction Project Manager which offers 50 points instead of the Civil Engineering Technologist that ofers 40 points only but am more sure to get passed at VETASSESS. But I know that I don't need to pass the points test because my sister will be sponsoring me in a designated area. She lives in Clayton and so far the only part in Victoria that isn't part of regional Australia is Melbourne. Do you think its best that I choose the occupation of the Civil engineering technologist where I am more sure to pass?

My sister just had her permanent resident status last month but her family has been there for the past 4 years with the a working VISA. Though she's earning more than 60t a month, will her residency have any minimum requirements as a sponsor?

Thanks so much.

Originally posted by JAJ
The definition of 'regional' depends on what visa is being applied for.

For Skilled Designated Area Sponsored, anywhere in Victoria is ok. Is that what you are asking about?

The designated areas for this visa could always be changed, but I've not heard anything specific up to now.

You should be getting assessed in a 50 point occupation if possible (ie, if you qualify - but you may not), as this would likely give a chance of subclass 138 (Skilled Australian Sponsored) if the designated areas were changed. Legally you apply for subclasses 138 and 139 at the same time.

Your agent should be explaining all this (and a lot more) to you.

Jeremy
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you can pass with Vetassess at a 50 point occupation depends on whether your qualification is equivalent to an Australian bachelors.

All of Victoria is 'designated' for skilled designated area sponsored.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

PR status is normally ok to sponsor as long as one is resident in Australia.
She will need to show she can meet her sponsorship obligations.

However there is a *separate* assurance of support requirement, for which the rules are different. You need to understand this thoroughly - there are minimum requirements to act as an assurer.

You also need to meet all the other rules for skilled designated area sponsored.

Your posts so far suggest some fundamental understanding gaps, and I'd think you'd have more chance of getting it right first time if you hired a competent professional to assist you.

Jeremy

Thanks... I plan to apply with the help of no agent. I am tempted to get assessed as an Construction Project Manager which offers 50 points instead of the Civil Engineering Technologist that ofers 40 points only but am more sure to get passed at VETASSESS. But I know that I don't need to pass the points test because my sister will be sponsoring me in a designated area. She lives in Clayton and so far the only part in Victoria that isn't part of regional Australia is Melbourne. Do you think its best that I choose the occupation of the Civil engineering technologist where I am more sure to pass?

My sister just had her permanent resident status last month but her family has been there for the past 4 years with the a working VISA. Though she's earning more than 60t a month, will her residency have any minimum requirements as a sponsor?

Thanks so much.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

Whether you can pass with Vetassess at a 50 point occupation depends on whether your qualification is equivalent to an Australian bachelors.

All of Victoria is 'designated' for skilled designated area sponsored.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

PR status is normally ok to sponsor as long as one is resident in Australia.
She will need to show she can meet her sponsorship obligations.

However there is a *separate* assurance of support requirement, for which the rules are different. You need to understand this thoroughly - there are minimum requirements to act as an assurer.

You also need to meet all the other rules for skilled designated area sponsored.

Your posts so far suggest some fundamental understanding gaps, and I'd think you'd have more chance of getting it right first time if you hired a competent professional to assist you.

Jeremy

Thanks so much.