Skilled 190 PR visa

Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:10 am
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled 190 PR visa

Hi All

I wanted to get some advice on the skilled 190 PR visa on behalf of my brother who is looking to immigrate over from the UK.

The ACS has verified of all his documents, qualifications and work experience and have given him the thumbs up.

He seems to be under the impression that he has to apply for state sponsorship before he can complete and expression of interest on the DIAC website and then be invited to apply.

I was hoping someone out there who has been through the application process could shed some more light on what he will need to do next.

Reading through the DIAC site, it looks to me that he will need to complete an EOI first and then once he receives the invite, can then apply for the visa.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

On another note, my partner and I have settled in very well since arriving in March and I'm loving the warm Brissy weather
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled 190 PR visa

Originally Posted by jmm2905
Hi All

I wanted to get some advice on the skilled 190 PR visa on behalf of my brother who is looking to immigrate over from the UK.

The ACS has verified of all his documents, qualifications and work experience and have given him the thumbs up.

He seems to be under the impression that he has to apply for state sponsorship before he can complete and expression of interest on the DIAC website and then be invited to apply.

I was hoping someone out there who has been through the application process could shed some more light on what he will need to do next.

Reading through the DIAC site, it looks to me that he will need to complete an EOI first and then once he receives the invite, can then apply for the visa.

On another note, my partner and I have settled in very well since arriving in March and I'm loving the warm Brissy weather
He can do both, however applying the EOI first would be the correct approach.

Cheers,
PB
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

As pb says, he should submit an EOI first, and then use that number to apply for state sponsorship. WA select people they want to sponsor from the EOI pool, and for other states your brother should apply to them directly. The 190 is a state sponsored visa for those with an occupation on the CSOL, or without enough points for a 189 application
Old Nov 15th 2013, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

He would do the EOI, then he needs to apply for state sponsorship for most states. Has he done IELTS? I think it is best to do to before EOI.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Chandu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Need help regarding skilled 190 visa.
I have a masters degree from Australia,
Which is in Accounting. And had to return back after my student and Tr expired.
And couldn't apply for PR as I didn't score 7 in each modules of IELTS, my question is can apply for State Sponsership.
My age as on today is 35.
Preparing for IELTS.
I am working but nit related to my Subjects.
Please Help.

Thank you.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chandu
Hi all,

Need help regarding skilled 190 visa.
I have a masters degree from Australia,
Which is in Accounting. And had to return back after my student and Tr expired.
And couldn't apply for PR as I didn't score 7 in each modules of IELTS, my question is can apply for State Sponsership.
My age as on today is 35.
Preparing for IELTS.
I am working but nit related to my Subjects.
Please Help.

Thank you.
Hi Chandu,

Without work experience I can't see how you would have enough points to pass the points test but have a check on skillselect - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Hi old.sparkles

I had gone trough self assesment in immi site and
According to Skillselect
Points what I get are:
IELTS:10 (7)
Australian education:20
State sponsorship :5
With that I score 60 points.

What u suggest,
Thank you.,
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Sorry typo error
It's (33-39) 25 points
IELTS 10 points(7)
20 points(8)

Thank you
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 2:18 am

Sorry typo error
It's (33-39) 25 points
IELTS 10 points(7)
20 points(8)

Thank you
I thought Masters Degree was only worth 15 points, but until you can get a points score in IELTS of 7 or better, you cannot score enough for sponsorship. When are you taking the IELTS tests?

Edit - just realised 5 bonus points if Masters course was 2 years

Last edited by old.sparkles; Nov 23rd 2013 at 2:20 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Yes I am confident, I can score 7 or may be more.
But my ? Is in that case will be asked for experiance.
Thank you
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:05 am

Yes I am confident, I can score 7 or may be more.
But my ? Is in that case will be asked for experiance.
Thank you
I think accounting is one occupation where you can pass the skills assessment without experience. You would have to check the state criteria to see if they will offer sponsorship without experience though.

Good luck with the IELTS test
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:09 am

Requirements and criteria from CPA includes IELTS score of 7 so I guess that will be first on the to do list - http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/becom...s-and-criteria
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you, will get back to you soon.
Sorry for too many questions.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, will get back to you soon.
Sorry for too many questions.
You need to pass IELTS in order to proceed to a skills assessment firstly. You also generally will need a first degree in order to claim points for a masters.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

grdnblack is an unknown quantity at this point

When would the best time to apply for a job then on a 190 to minimize any unemployment upon arrival in Oz, start applying at the same time as applying for state sponsorship, once you get the invitation to apply for the visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.