Wikiposts

Skilled 136 Visa Query

Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:12 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled 136 Visa Query

I have filled in the visa application form, ready for when my skills assessment comes back, and have a few queries about some of the questions.

If anyone has filled in this application, and knows the answers it would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

Within the 'additional documents' checklists you have to complete from Booklet 6:

- How do you send the passport photo's? Do they have to be attached, and if so, how?

- You don't have to do the IELTS test if you are born and bread in UK do you , surely?

Also, is it OK if some of the checklist doesn't apply to you, to put n/a in the ticky boxes?

I have also heard that you need to include a recent pay slip, but I haven't seen anywhere where it asks for this?

Is it best to put these checklists you get from Booklet 6, and that ASP document checklist thingy, in front of form 47SK?

For the main application:

When putting phone numbers in, what are the correct codes i.e country code, and do you miss the '0' off the area code? and is it the same for mobiles?

Q52 (asking if you have previously been to Australia or have ever had a visa?) We went on holiday and had an electronic visa. I have been told that there is no visa number associated with this visa, so do I just put N/A as my source of this info was just the travel agent?

Q60 Asking if you have applied for skills assessment (after it has just asked if you have obtained one! silly really) It asks you for the date you applied for assessment and reference or receipt number? Is it the date you posted it? and what is the receipt number??

I hope that's all, and thanks again for you help
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled 136 Visa Query

TIA,

Yes. You need to attach passport photo's of yourself and your dependent if its applicable. Just put it in together with the application. Remember to write your name and date of birth behind on each and every single photo.

If you're born and bread in UK, you do not need to sit for any IELTS test.

If certain sections are not relevant, you can always put N/A.

You need to include reference letter from your current employer and past employer. As for the pay slip, I guess its optional but it is better to include it in as a proof showing you're still under active payroll.

There's a different checklist on the visa class your applying. You can get them from the DIMIA website. You need to number your pages too. All the instructions are in the website.

As for the contact number, put everything including the international code, area code and etc.

For the "previously been to Australia or have ever had a visa?", I believe you enter Australia using an ETA. just put ETA on the column. That would be fine.

As for the skills assessment part, I'm not very sure about it. For the assessment, I'm sure they will send you a receipt on payment received and etc. You can put that in too...else, you can put the date stated on the skill assessment letter.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if there's any doubt.

Cheers,
Van

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I have filled in the visa application form, ready for when my skills assessment comes back, and have a few queries about some of the questions.

If anyone has filled in this application, and knows the answers it would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

Within the 'additional documents' checklists you have to complete from Booklet 6:

- How do you send the passport photo's? Do they have to be attached, and if so, how?

- You don't have to do the IELTS test if you are born and bread in UK do you , surely?

Also, is it OK if some of the checklist doesn't apply to you, to put n/a in the ticky boxes?

I have also heard that you need to include a recent pay slip, but I haven't seen anywhere where it asks for this?

Is it best to put these checklists you get from Booklet 6, and that ASP document checklist thingy, in front of form 47SK?

When putting phone numbers in, what are the correct codes i.e country code, and do you miss the '0' off the area code? and is it the same for mobiles?

Q52 (asking if you have previously been to Australia or have ever had a visa?) We went on holiday and had an electronic visa. I have been told that there is no visa number associated with this visa, so do I just put N/A as my source of this info was just the travel agent?

Q60 Asking if you have applied for skills assessment (after it has just asked if you have obtained one! silly really) It asks you for the date you applied for assessment and reference or receipt number? Is it the date you posted it? and what is the receipt number??

Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA

Hiya,

We answered Q 58 when we got TRA back and on the advice of our agent left Q 60 blank as this only applies to Q59. (It is not straight forward is it. And we are not idiots, or maybe we are!)

I hope this is right, I invite someone else to say what they did to add weight to the answer x

Vics xx
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:51 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA

of form 47SK?

Is it best to put these checklists you get from Booklet 6, and that ASP document checklist thingy, in front

Just put your phots in with it , you write the name and DOB on the back any way so they know who you are .
If born n dragged up in uk then no IELTS test .

yes N/A will be fine for the bit that don't apply 2 you

if you've got pay slips then put them i ( cert copys) its can't hurt!

is it best to put these checklists you get from Booklet 6, and that ASP document checklist thingy, in front ?

Can't remember what i did but yeah put it in at the front at least its there !

Yes miss the 0 but there not stupid and will know the 0 should be dropped

I put ETA visa in that box and all as ok , my travel agnt did it too they can check it in DIMIA i guess .

Its the date they ack it , hell you have to supply the letter they gave you any hoo .

I could be wrong but thats what i remember doing and i got my visa ok
JAJ ???
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:17 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for all your help. I can finish off filling it in now

The only thing that still baffles me is the actual code to ring from Australia to UK. I know you miss the '0' off the area code, but is it 0044 before that?

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:23 am

Thanks everyone for all your help. I can finish off filling it in now

The only thing that still baffles me is the actual code to ring from Australia to UK. I know you miss the '0' off the area code, but is it 0044 before that?

Thanks
was 0044
now 001144 i think ?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
was 0044
now 001144 i think ?
My hubby told me to put +44 then miss tho '0' off when I first filled it in, don't know if that was right? Would they phone you anyway??

Would it really matter if I got it wrong?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:53 am

My hubby told me to put +44 then miss tho '0' off when I first filled it in, don't know if that was right? Would they phone you anyway??

Would it really matter if I got it wrong?
yeah +44 will work too thats a moblie thang !