Skilled – Regional Sponsored

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really nice
Default Skilled – Regional Sponsored

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 475)...

This is another option in which me and my husband can apply under...does anyone know how long a relative has to have been a resident of Australia before they are able to sponsor someone under the above category? My husbands brother is moving out to Australia in January and we are thinking of applying a year later... i understand the qualifying period for the Sponsored General Skilled Migration (subclass 176) is 2 years, I am right in thinking subclass 475 is one year?...I'm sure i read this somewhere, but not sure where and i was informed by some-one that sublass 475 is also 2 years.

D
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled – Regional Sponsored

Originally Posted by Dbhudia
Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 475)...

This is another option in which me and my husband can apply under...does anyone know how long a relative has to have been a resident of Australia before they are able to sponsor someone under the above category? My husbands brother is moving out to Australia in January and we are thinking of applying a year later... i understand the qualifying period for the Sponsored General Skilled Migration (subclass 176) is 2 years, I am right in thinking subclass 475 is one year?...I'm sure i read this somewhere, but not sure where and i was informed by some-one that sublass 475 is also 2 years.

D
This can be found on immi site here http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...efinitions.htm
But the bit you are looking for is -

Sponsor
Some General Skilled Migration categories require sponsorship. Unless you have been nominated by a State or Territory Government, to be granted a Skilled – Sponsored visa (subclass 176 or 886) or Skilled – Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487) you must be sponsored by an eligible relative who is:
aged 18 years or over
usually resident in Australia, and
is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
If you are applying for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487) your sponsor must live, and have lived, in a `designated area´ of Australia for the 12 months before you lodge your application
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really niceDbhudia is just really nice

great thanks!

Looking at the regional areas that qualify, my husband and I are looking at Perth and it states that anywhere in Perth except Metropolitan area...might sound like a daft question, but where would you say that is?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dbhudia
great thanks!

Looking at the regional areas that qualify, my husband and I are looking at Perth and it states that anywhere in Perth except Metropolitan area...might sound like a daft question, but where would you say that is?
Found this info:
The Perth metropolitan region covers the coastal strip from Yanchep in the north to Rockingham in the south, and from the west coast, inland to Helena Valley in the east.

The metropolitan region includes the Cities of Perth and Fremantle, plus many other local government areas located within the greater Perth region.

Towns & cities located within the Perth metropolitan region
Perth
Fremantle
Armadale
Bassendean
Bayswater
Cannington
Chittering
Claremont
Cottesloe
Gosnells
Joondalup
Kalamunda
Leederville
Melville
Midland
Mundaring
Mosman Park
Nedlands
Peppermint Grove
Serpentine
Stirling
SouthPerth
Subiaco
Victoria Park
Vincent
Wanneroo
Etc.

So basically you can live and work anywhere in WA except Perth and surrounding area
I could be wrong so it might be advisable to get info from an agent.