Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skill Select - Applications lodged September 2012

Wikiposts

Skill Select - Applications lodged September 2012

Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

ClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to all
Default Skill Select - Applications lodged September 2012

Hi all

I am new to this forum and have just lodged my EOI today. SS form to follow.

I am going for a 190 state sponsored visa and have scored 70 points. South Australia is my nominated State, Adelaide Hills.

Is anyone else just at the beginning of this aswell? Would love to hear from people that are going through this process also. How is everyone finding it? Has anyone received an invitation for visa submission? If so, how long did it take?

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Claire.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:45 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just lodged my EOI today

Originally Posted by ClaireLo1980
Hi all

I am new to this forum and have just lodged my EOI today. SS form to follow.

I am going for a 190 state sponsored visa and have scored 70 points. South Australia is my nominated State, Adelaide Hills.

Is anyone else just at the beginning of this aswell? Would love to hear from people that are going through this process also. How is everyone finding it? Has anyone received an invitation for visa submission? If so, how long did it take?

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Claire.
I'll be interested in an EOI application from start to finish as well so I hope this thread stays alive.

And good choice with the Hills - you might like to know it's wild and wet weather today in Adelaide!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:38 pm
Waiting to move!

nairn545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I submitted an EOI on 4/9/12 for 189, 190 & 489 with 65 points. I received an invite today (01/09/12) to apply for a 489 visa.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Nickita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nairn545
Hi. I submitted an EOI on 4/9/12 for 189, 190 & 489 with 65 points. I received an invite today (01/09/12) to apply for a 489 visa.
I assume you mean 01/10/12 and not 01/09/12!
Congratulations and good luck!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:00 am
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point

@ congratulations....and good luck for the rest of the visa process..
would you mind telling which state you specified an your EOI ?
and did you apply for state sponsorship separately and which state?

I also lodged my EOI on 28/09/12..with 60 points. I also intend to get state sponsorship from SA, I have skill assessment as electronics engineer.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:39 pm
Waiting to move!

nairn545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, sorry, I meant 01/10/12! I specified SA for family sponsored 489. I haven't applied for state sponsorship, but I have a skills assessment for Electrical Engineering Technician.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:16 am
Just Joined

johnli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from first round (Aug) EOI has got its visa??

so the earliest you can submit your application is early Sep, and it is already 1 month. i submitted mid sep, still processing. just wondering.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Select - Applications lodged September 2012

Threads merged
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i need one info...i just submitted EOI today i have positive assessment report from acs and my point is 60.. i selected "ANY" when they asked to chose state for sponsor..is it ok? or i should be specific? will it affect to get invitation?
I was selected YES in case of whether i should live out of territory ...
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:10 pm
rocky!!

in case of some states, they will not sponsor you unless you mentione it in your EOI, for instance SA does not sponsor unless it is mentioned in EOI specifically.
for your intended state, you can check there requirement to filled in EOI.
Almost every state has mentioned how to show interest through EOI.

After lodging EOI, you have to apply state sponsorship , and then once you get state sponsorship, you will get invitation to apply from DIAC
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shanjani
in case of some states, they will not sponsor you unless you mentione it in your EOI, for instance SA does not sponsor unless it is mentioned in EOI specifically.
for your intended state, you can check there requirement to filled in EOI.
Almost every state has mentioned how to show interest through EOI.

After lodging EOI, you have to apply state sponsorship , and then once you get state sponsorship, you will get invitation to apply from DIAC
hi all,

I have some thing to discuss with you all. These can be stupid questions. But still I need to clarify those.

Question 1:

Once we submitted the EOI with our prefered States, again
a) Is it required to apply for the states in order to obtaion the state sponsorship ?
or
b) State refered to our submitted EOI and they will automatically provide the state sponsorship ( We dont need to apply for the State seperately)?

Which one is true a) or b) ?

Question 2:

Once we obtained the Invitation to apply what are the documents we should submitted to them ?

Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

I have some thing to discuss with you all. These can be stupid questions. But still I need to clarify those.

Question 1:

Once we submitted the EOI with our prefered States, again
a) Is it required to apply for the states in order to obtaion the state sponsorship ?
or
b) State refered to our submitted EOI and they will automatically provide the state sponsorship ( We dont need to apply for the State seperately)?

Which one is true a) or b) ?

Question 2:

Once we obtained the Invitation to apply what are the documents we should submitted to them ?

Thanks
i also am interested to know....
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:59 pm
rocky!!

A is correct

Secondly you should submit what you claimed in your eoi. Check diac website also.
Roughly you need to provide
Skill assessment
Ielts
State sponsorship
Age proof
Qualification cert
Experience
Medical nd police report depending on ur visa class