Skill Matching related..pls advise

Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:38 am
PTM
Forum Regular

PTM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Skill Matching related..pls advise

Dear all,

There was a Skill matching database form (Form 1266) attached with the ack. letter and under one of paragraph, it stated 'We invite you to register your details and skill profile on the Skill Matching Database by completing the attached Form 1126. This database lists your skills and qualifications and will improve your prospects of successful migration.'

Is it true that by registering under Skill Matching Scheme, there is a higher chance for visa grant? My nominated occupation is ' Information Technology Officier - System Designer'. Though i don't have any sponsor nor job offers, but i have acquired 120 points. I have no intention to register under Skill Matching as i understand that there is an additional charge incurred.

My questions is, is it necessary for me to register under Skill Matching? Will it be a disadvantage for me if i don't register?

Anyone who have applied for Offshore Skilled Migration, Visa Class 136, under IT category, please kindly advise.....Thanks in advance...
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Matching related..pls advise

Originally Posted by PTM
Dear all,

There was a Skill matching database form (Form 1266) attached with the ack. letter and under one of paragraph, it stated 'We invite you to register your details and skill profile on the Skill Matching Database by completing the attached Form 1126. This database lists your skills and qualifications and will improve your prospects of successful migration.'

Is it true that by registering under Skill Matching Scheme, there is a higher chance for visa grant? My nominated occupation is ' Information Technology Officier - System Designer'. Though i don't have any sponsor nor job offers, but i have acquired 120 points. I have no intention to register under Skill Matching as i understand that there is an additional charge incurred.

My questions is, is it necessary for me to register under Skill Matching? Will it be a disadvantage for me if i don't register?

Did you not fill out the skill matching section of form 47SK?

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Sep 5th 2005 at 2:10 am.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:24 am
PTM
Forum Regular

Question Re: Skill Matching related..pls advise

Originally Posted by JAJ
Did you not fill out the skill matching section of form 47SK?

Jeremy
No i didn't. I put 'N/A' under that column. Now they have email me the skill matching form together with the ack. letter. Should i register for Skill matching even if i have got competent english and and achieve the pass mark, 120 points?

If you get nominated under skill matching scheme, does that mean that it's compulsory for you to take up the job offer since you have registered?? Also, if i'm not wrong, once you get nominated, you willl have to pay a fee irregardless, right? My worry is if it is compulsory to take up the offer, what if you are nominated to work in a state which you don't intend to live there?

Please kindly advise me.......thanks in advance
Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Mark Webster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PTM
No i didn't. I put 'N/A' under that column. Now they have email me the skill matching form together with the ack. letter. Should i register for Skill matching even if i have got competent english and and achieve the pass mark, 120 points?

If you get nominated under skill matching scheme, does that mean that it's compulsory for you to take up the job offer since you have registered?? Also, if i'm not wrong, once you get nominated, you willl have to pay a fee irregardless, right? My worry is if it is compulsory to take up the offer, what if you are nominated to work in a state which you don't intend to live there?

Please kindly advise me.......thanks in advance
PTM,

Your application for subclass 136 is lodged - DIMIA will now need to assess you against the criteria. If you meet the criteria, they must grant you the visa.

If you receive a state nomination during processing, you can choose to either accept or decline. If you don't score as many points as anticipated, you can accept and your application will be processed under subclass 137 (STNI - same class as 136).

Registering for skills matching gives states & territories the option to look at you for either a 137 nomination or a 134 (skills matching) nomination - these don't require you to have a job offer, and are based on you having skills in demand in the state or territory. Registering for skills matching also facilitiates employers in Australia nominating you for RSMS - which would require you to have a job offer.

I would usually recommend completing the skills matching application.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:50 am
PTM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Webster
PTM,

Your application for subclass 136 is lodged - DIMIA will now need to assess you against the criteria. If you meet the criteria, they must grant you the visa.

If you receive a state nomination during processing, you can choose to either accept or decline. If you don't score as many points as anticipated, you can accept and your application will be processed under subclass 137 (STNI - same class as 136).

Registering for skills matching gives states & territories the option to look at you for either a 137 nomination or a 134 (skills matching) nomination - these don't require you to have a job offer, and are based on you having skills in demand in the state or territory. Registering for skills matching also facilitiates employers in Australia nominating you for RSMS - which would require you to have a job offer.

I would usually recommend completing the skills matching application.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the prompt reply. So in short, Skill matching is just another option open to me and will not affect my application under Visa Class 136. Even if i don't get nominated under Skill Matching but i have attained the pass mark, they will most probably grant me a visa right? Also, i will pay the additional fee only if i accept the nomination should i not attain the pass mark, right? Please advise. Thanks.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Mark Webster is on a distinguished road

PTM,

Originally Posted by PTM
Thanks for the prompt reply. So in short, Skill matching is just another option open to me and will not affect my application under Visa Class 136.
Exactly - there's no harm in completing the section, and it might open up some options for you if something goes wrong with the 136 application.

Originally Posted by PTM
Even if i don't get nominated under Skill Matching but i have attained the pass mark, they will most probably grant me a visa right?
Yes - if you meet the criteria for the visa, the Minister has to grant it to you!

Originally Posted by PTM
Also, i will pay the additional fee only if i accept the nomination should i not attain the pass mark, right? Please advise. Thanks.
In practice, I can't see you being asked to pay a second application fee. This is because if you are nominated and take this up, your application will be finalised under subclass 137 (STNI). This is in the same class as the 136 and so DIMIA is able to grant you a 137 using the existing application and lodgement fee.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:26 am
PTM
Forum Regular

PTM,

Exactly - there's no harm in completing the section, and it might open up some options for you if something goes wrong with the 136 application.

Yes - if you meet the criteria for the visa, the Minister has to grant it to you!

In practice, I can't see you being asked to pay a second application fee. This is because if you are nominated and take this up, your application will be finalised under subclass 137 (STNI). This is in the same class as the 136 and so DIMIA is able to grant you a 137 using the existing application and lodgement fee.

Hope this helps!

Hi Mark,

Got it...Thank you so much for your replies....appreciate it very much
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:12 pm
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

PTM,

Hope this helps!
If you satisfy the minister's delegate that you meet all the visa criteria then the minister must grant the visa, assuming it is not capped. It is not a matter of meeting the visa criteia, you must submit evidence to satisfy the delgate that this is so. When you are preparing your submissions and evidence, it is just as well to know the criteria you must satisfy.

Westly Russell

Westly Russell