Wikiposts

Skill matching database

Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Skill matching database

Hi, just going through the 175 online application now, and just want to ask if anybody has opt out of the skill matching database?

I'm not completely sure if its something that will benefit us or just purely for statistics..? Also, if we opt out, does that mean we don't have to fill the bit in about job description, other certification, etc.. section?

will be grateful for any help on this, thanks
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice
Default Re: Skill matching database

Originally Posted by ChocCake
Hi, just going through the 175 online application now, and just want to ask if anybody has opt out of the skill matching database?

I'm not completely sure if its something that will benefit us or just purely for statistics..? Also, if we opt out, does that mean we don't have to fill the bit in about job description, other certification, etc.. section?

will be grateful for any help on this, thanks

Hi ChocCake,

When I filled our form out, I included my hubby in the Skill Matching Database which required job description/certificates/duties etc., however, I opted out of it for me (as I already have job offers) and therefore did not need to include my job description/certificates/duties etc.

I assume that if you opt out altogether it will only require you to put certificates relevant for the visa and not the current duties etc.

Hope this helps.

Kat xx
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:29 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't fill out the skills matching database section as neither of us wanted to be on it.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WS
We didn't fill out the skills matching database section as neither of us wanted to be on it.
my question really is.... is there any DISadvantage in being included? (we haven't got a job lined up)
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:30 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

No there isn't. Except you don't get put on it but its a waste of time anyway
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WS
No there isn't. Except you don't get put on it but its a waste of time anyway
ok i thought as much!! haha...

so... like it wont help with us getting a job rite?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:19 am
WS

Haha, not at all! It's something like a 0.01% chance of getting a job through that
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

the other thing i wanted to ask was, whether it will increase our chance of getting the visa?

say both myself & OH submitted our skills to the db, so they can see they're getting 2 rather than 1 person who can contribute to their "skills shortages"

just a thought... as quite frankly im all ready to submit, just waiting for OH to do write up his skills, etc... so if i can skip that bit, then im sending it pronto!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:02 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Best it will do is double your chance from 0.01% to 0.02%. Is it worth the wait - is for you to decide. Good luck.
NJ