Wikiposts

Skill Matching

Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:14 am
Just Joined

pauljm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Matching

Hi,

I currently work in IT in security but am 10 points short for the Skilled Independant category, has anybody had success with the skill matching process that work in IT.

Cheers

Paul
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: Skill Matching

Originally Posted by pauljm
Hi,

I currently work in IT in security but am 10 points short for the Skilled Independant category, has anybody had success with the skill matching process that work in IT.

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

Looks like we are in the same boat, I'm 5 points short

Well, I wouldnt give a try to Skill Matching and rather would try to score the Bonus Points through some other ways. WHY! because the IT Marcket in AUS is not the same as it was couple of years back and the chances are that you wouldnt hear from any Employer (with .com.au domain) to select you from Skill Matching.

But again, thats only my opinion. You never know what happens.

BTW, I've a question about Skill Matching. For example if someone registered his details in Skill Matching, and then the situation changes (DIMIA decides to reduce the Pass Marks OR your ASCO Code enters into the MODL list OR you are able to score extra Bonus Points), then what happens ??? Can one upgrade his Application and go to 136 status ? OR can one withdraw his skill matching application ?

Ghanghro.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Matching

would be worth trying for STNI with Victoria, if they like your Security Experience/skills, they may nominate you in whatever code you get recognised by the ACS eventhough Computer Systems Auditor is the stated classification shortage.

Tony

Hi,

Cheers

Paul
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

caringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Skill Matching

Hi,

Cheers

Paul
Try changing to STNI for a state which requires you. Be suer to mention about loads of money you are bringing with u as my refusal was based on the 50k AUD i intended to take to SA.
nadir