Skill assessed before Bachelor degree

Old Sep 14th 2011, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

atif.javed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill assessed before Bachelor degree

Hi,
I have +ve skill assessment (based on 3 years diploma and apprenticeship) as motor mechanic from TRA in Dec,2009. Now in 2011 I have completed Bachelor degree in Mechanical. Do I have to recognised my bachelor degree from TRA? or simply send bachelor degree and +ve skill assessment to DIAC for 15 marks?
Regards

Last edited by atif.javed; Sep 14th 2011 at 3:40 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Skill assessed before Bachelor degree

Originally Posted by atif.javed
Hi,
I have +ve skill assessment (based on 3 years diploma and apprenticeship) as motor mechanic from TRA in Dec,2009. Now in 2011 I have completed Bachelor degree in Mechanical. Do I have to recognised my bachelor degree from TRA? or simply send bachelor degree and +ve skill assessment to DIAC for 15 marks?
Regards
Can I submit GSM-176 application with +ve skill and Bachelor degree, and recognize Bachelor degree from TRA when CO asked? Actually my Victoria sponsorship going to expire in 2 days, so I have to apply now.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Can I submit GSM-176 application with +ve skill and Bachelor degree, and recognize Bachelor degree from TRA when CO asked? Actually my Victoria sponsorship going to expire in 2 days, so I have to apply now.
My case is little bit same, I applied online Vic for state sponsership will takes 12 weeks, now I have both B.Sc and 4 Years Electronics Diploma.
please let me know where shall I send my skill assesment to TRA or RTO, as I am from Pakistan, please send me completed address where to send for skill assesment, how much did you got for Diploma?and why you are still waiting why not apply with Diploma I think much higher score.
how much IELTS score you acheived?
Regards
Syed
Old Sep 20th 2011, 1:01 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

i think you don't need to tell them that u have completed a degree now. Your assessment and experience are based on diploma, so go with them.
I am having IT background so no idea what elements they consider in TRA assessment.

Last edited by shafaqat309; Sep 20th 2011 at 1:04 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alimehdi
My case is little bit same, I applied online Vic for state sponsership will takes 12 weeks, now I have both B.Sc and 4 Years Electronics Diploma.
please let me know where shall I send my skill assesment to TRA or RTO, as I am from Pakistan, please send me completed address where to send for skill assesment, how much did you got for Diploma?and why you are still waiting why not apply with Diploma I think much higher score.
Regards
Syed
If you have assessed your skill before 1st July,2011 than you don't need reassessment for qualification points, you will require only when your CO asked.
I got O.A 6.5.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
i think you don't need to tell them that u have completed a degree now. Your assessment and experience are based on diploma, so go with them.
I am having IT background so no idea what elements they consider in TRA assessment.
Yes you are right as per my job description Diploma is correct path, but as you know for points B.Sc 15 marks and for Diploma only 10?? what to do?
Syed
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

If you have assessed your skill before 1st July,2011 than you don't need reassessment for qualification points, you will require only when your CO asked.

I got O.A 6.5.
Atif, I did't send for assesment this is my 1st time so please let me know where shall I send my skill assesment to TRA or RTO, as I am from Pakistan, please send me completed address of TRA where to send for skill assesment.
Do I need to send complete form which is for "skill assesment and point advice" for IELTS 6.5 point will be "0" and if IELTS 4.5 overall than also same "0" what's the difference???
Regards
Syed
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:40 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes you are right as per my job description Diploma is correct path, but as you know for points B.Sc 15 marks and for Diploma only 10?? what to do?
Syed
think for other ways, try to get good IELTS score or seek state sponsorship.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Atif, I did't send for assesment this is my 1st time so please let me know where shall I send my skill assesment to TRA or RTO, as I am from Pakistan, please send me completed address of TRA where to send for skill assesment.
Do I need to send complete form which is for "skill assesment and point advice" for IELTS 6.5 point will be "0" and if IELTS 4.5 overall than also same "0" what's the difference???
Regards
Syed
What is your occupation/ANZSCO code? If your occupation require just Diploma even though you will get 15 marks for your qualification, please refer to this link for information regarding qualification marks http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ls-skilled.pdf
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

for IELTS 6.5 point will be "0" and if IELTS 4.5 overall than also same "0" what's the difference???
Regards
Syed
you must require IELTS 6 in each if you are main applicant. Quote from immi.gov.au "You have at least a competent level of English language ability".
IELTS 4.5 is for your spouse. Hope this will clarify you.
Regards
Atif
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

SquashAddict is on a distinguished road

It all depends upon what assessment says.

If the assessment says your qualification are assessed as equivalent to Australian Bachelors degree then you will get 15 points EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE.

If the assessment says equivalent to a diploma then you get 10 points EVEN IF YOUR ARE DEGREE EDUCATED.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SquashAddict
It all depends upon what assessment says.

If the assessment says your qualification are assessed as equivalent to Australian Bachelors degree then you will get 15 points EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE.

If the assessment says equivalent to a diploma then you get 10 points EVEN IF YOUR ARE DEGREE EDUCATED.
Quote from Recognition of Qualifications and Employment in the
1 July 2011 Points Test pdf file.
"Awarding points
It is important to note that assessing authorities only provide advice about an applicant’s qualifications and / or skilled employment. The department’s delegated officers are required to determine whether or not to award points for these purposes under the points test"
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

SquashAddict is on a distinguished road

Quote from Recognition of Qualifications and Employment in the
1 July 2011 Points Test pdf file.
"Awarding points
It is important to note that assessing authorities only provide advice about an applicant’s qualifications and / or skilled employment. The department’s delegated officers are required to determine whether or not to award points for these purposes under the points test"
Yeah well its called bureaucracy. It only means the final decision rests with the DIAC but the assessment is there for a reason. A pretty compelling reason.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SquashAddict
Yeah well its called bureaucracy. It only means the final decision rests with the DIAC but the assessment is there for a reason. A pretty compelling reason.
Could any one please guide where shall I send my application for skill assement TRA or approved RTO (victoria University), if I am applying visa type 176, is this under offshore ??"Telecommunications Technician " my qualification B.Sc (2 Years) and 4 Years Electronics Diploma, please see below link and advise.

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...Guidelines.pdf
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

if I am applying visa type 176, is this under offshore ??"
GSM-176 Is offshore visa