sit tight till 2012

Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

dazandleesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sit tight till 2012

Hi we have been trying to get our visa's for nearly 2 years now. My OH is a bricklayer and has got the vetassess skills recognition. But we have been advised that due to the economic climate Australia have basically closed their doors unless you are sponsered or are on the critical list! We have been told that this looks set to be till at least 2012??????? There must be others in the same sittuation as us ??????
Ta
Leesa & Darren
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: sit tight till 2012

Have a look at the immigration forum. There are loads of people in your position! If it were me I'd put the visa application in so that i get my place in the queue and then sit tight and wait.

As has been demonstrated already by DIAC, they change the rules when they feel like it, so things could change at any time again.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

dazandleesa is an unknown quantity at this point

The application is in, has been for ages ( feels like it) we'd got to the stage where we were just waiting for notification to get medicals!!!!
Never mind it will happen when it happens and I know it will be worth the wait
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

That's the spirit! I know it is difficult to do and easy to say but try to get on with your life. Don't hang in limbo, get on with things and if it is right for you, you will be perfectly placed to move when your visa is granted.

Best of luck with the application, I do hope they change the rules in your favour.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Thats what has happened to us too. We applied in December 2008 and are still waiting, we uploaded everything to DIAC and the status still says awaiting documents so we are NO WHERE near being processed. GUTTED. we had planned to move out there this July
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

snap......we are also in the same boat we applied feb 2009, skills accepted, and application went in inn June. We have not heard from a case officer, it seems that only CSL or sponsored visa are now taking priority, we were also told to sit tight until 2012 but i am annoyed that them take a big amount of money from you at application stage KNOWING that they will not even consider us ( 175 GSM no CSL) until 2012......you get to the point were you feel like asking for your hard earned money back !!!!
Who even knows what skills they will want in 2012.....they might even put us on the back burner again for a few more years........anybody have a crystal ball i can borrow!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:10 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

and guess what..........Me Too
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dazandleesa
Hi we have been trying to get our visa's for nearly 2 years now. My OH is a bricklayer and has got the vetassess skills recognition. But we have been advised that due to the economic climate Australia have basically closed their doors unless you are sponsered or are on the critical list! We have been told that this looks set to be till at least 2012??????? There must be others in the same sittuation as us ??????
Ta
Leesa & Darren
things seem to be moving again....we had our medicals requested a week before the email came out with hold on visa's till 2012..gutted was the understatement of the year after nearly 2 years of waiting.
Anyway we received an email last week requesting our medicals again and we have booked them..so fingers crossed for no more changes...
Honestly this whole process is a massive gamble.....

Lia
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

That sounds fantastic....but are you on the CSL? or state sponsored?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There are threads currently running for applicants from each month. It's recommended that you join those if you wish to discuss timelines, etc. The immigration forum is for specific immigration and visa related topics, not chat.

Thread closed.