Sir Visa - Stage 2 ?

Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Sir Visa - Stage 2 ?

Hi
anyone submitted their stage 2 app yet?
thankyou
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sir Visa - Stage 2 ?

hi,
Yes we have submitted ours

Liz
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Which option have you taken ? How much paperwork was involved ?
Thankyou
Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

we went down the STNI route.
Firstly you have to seek sponsorship from the State you are in. we had to fill in their form and then provide proof by way of bills,mortgage statements,drivers licence etc that we have lived here for 2 years and wage slips, tax returns, letter from employer to proove the work side of things. Also a copy of the bio data page fromthe passport of the principal applicant. (none of this had to be certified).
When sponsorship was approved we then had to apply to DIAC using the forms 47sk and 80. All the proof had to be sent as well along with all of our passport details, birth certs, marriage certs,exam certs. (all this had to be certified). I went to the local libaray and got a JP to do it for free. There were 56 pages, apparantly a record for one sitting!!
The cost is $185.
All of this has gone off to DIAC so now we are back to the waiting game once again. Hopefully it wont be too long before we get our new 137 visas.
Hope this helps
Liz
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Have you heard any more
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Yes we now have a case officer.
still waiting patiently.

Liz
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:41 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi there
Do you know if medicals are needed for this second stage ?
Thanks
Carole
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

HI,
Medicals are not required for second stage SIR to PR.
Only AFPs are needed

Liz
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

Hi - sorry if I am "hyjacking". There are so few SIRers around I thought I'd take the chance to ask your opinions.

We are applying for SIR at the moment and are wondering whether to sell or rent out our house here in UK. What route have you guys taken? I would like to sell and buy over in Oz but OH would rather rent our house here out for the two years we have given ourselves to decide whether to make the move permanent. I realise you can't answer this for us and both routes have pros and cons but I'm just after some points of view from people who have not been able to get PR from the outset.

Thanks for any advice you can offer us.

Yvonne x
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Sir Visa - Stage 2 ?

hi yvonne,
I can only speak from our point of view. we were determined to make this work and Sold our house when we got the sponsorship so we were ready to make the move as soon as we had the visa.

We bought our house within 3 days of arrival and have also purchased an investment property since.
Good jobs were also secured within a few weeks.
At the end of the day its up to you but we have had no problems at all and after having served our 2 years and now applied for PR it has all been worth it and we have got the life that we hoped to have.

Good luck with it all
Liz
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:17 pm
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Hi - sorry if I am "hyjacking". There are so few SIRers around I thought I'd take the chance to ask your opinions.

We are applying for SIR at the moment and are wondering whether to sell or rent out our house here in UK. What route have you guys taken? I would like to sell and buy over in Oz but OH would rather rent our house here out for the two years we have given ourselves to decide whether to make the move permanent. I realise you can't answer this for us and both routes have pros and cons but I'm just after some points of view from people who have not been able to get PR from the outset.

Thanks for any advice you can offer us.

Yvonne x
Hi Yvonne

We are on a SIR visa and we decided to rent our house out in the UK. My husband wanted to sell but that wasn't the right thing for me at the time. Knowing my personality I would have found it harder to settle knowing that I didn't have my 'home' in the UK. The good thing is that we'd been here only 10 months when I was ready to sell. We put it up for sale just before xmas, agreed a sale in January and it completed on 11th May. It all turned out well for us and we didn't have any hassle with the property management as a friend did it for us and we just gave her the 10% each month that would have gone to the agents.

We are buying a house over here and are set to move on 27th of this month. Im really looking forward to having our own place again but really it hasn't been a hassle and the rental we are in is lovely.

It's a difficult one as there are so many things to weigh up but for us it was the right course of action. Selling the house and not actually being there to empty it was a good thing too as I didn't really get emotional about it. I just felt relief at the end of it as the house was empty for 2 months before the sale went through so it was costing us around £1000 per month.

Hope this helps.
Sandra
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickos12
hi yvonne,
I can only speak from our point of view. we were determined to make this work and Sold our house when we got the sponsorship so we were ready to make the move as soon as we had the visa.

We bought our house within 3 days of arrival and have also purchased an investment property since.
Good jobs were also secured within a few weeks.
At the end of the day its up to you but we have had no problems at all and after having served our 2 years and now applied for PR it has all been worth it and we have got the life that we hoped to have.

Good luck with it all
Liz
Hi Nickos12

Hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions on this as I'm on an SIR visa, but only a year in.

First, my understanding of the FIRB rules was that temporary visa holders could not purchase investment properties, only somewhere that would be their own residence. Have I got that wrong? Is the FIRB willing to consent to the purchase of investment properties?

Second, do you have any idea on the processing time for the second stage of the SIR visa and have you heard anything from DIAC yet?

Cheers.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yes you can buy an investment property once you have your own dwelling.
The stipulation is that it needs to be a new build and you still are required to fill in the forms for the FIRB permission.

As for second stage visa. we applied on 13th march got acknowledgement on 10th April and assigned a case officer on 4 may. We are still waiting. They have everything that they need including AFPs. so now it is just back to waiting for approval and the visa being granted.

Hope this helps

Liz
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Any news Liz?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Just would like to know when you give supporting docs for 2nd stage do you have to show prime applicant's employment details or both parterns?

Would it be ok if you give details of just one person - not necesasrily the prime applicant? Just asking that partner may not be able to join us on the SIR visa for about 6 month.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.