Should we get our medical Done?

Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

rasari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should we get our medical Done?

hi. My wife and I have applied for a 176 visa. Below is the status of our application. My concern is do we go ahead with the medical and X-ray or wait for a case officer. We are in USA. My wife is a USA citizen.

thx

10/10/2008 Application received - processing commenced Message
10/10/2008 Application fee received Message
23/10/2008 Application fee received Message
View your receipt details
Document Checklist

Person 1 Date of birth: xxxxxx Passport No: xxxxxx
17/10/2008 Health requirements outstanding Message
10/10/2008 Medical examination required Message
10/10/2008 Chest X-Ray report required Message
10/10/2008 Chest X-Ray film required Message
10/10/2008 HIV blood test required Message

Person 2 Date of birth: xxxxx
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Re: Should we get our medical Done?

Originally Posted by rasari
hi. My wife and I have applied for a 176 visa. Below is the status of our application. My concern is do we go ahead with the medical and X-ray or wait for a case officer. We are in USA. My wife is a USA citizen.

thx

10/10/2008 Application received - processing commenced Message
10/10/2008 Application fee received Message
23/10/2008 Application fee received Message
View your receipt details
Document Checklist

Person 1 Date of birth: xxxxxx Passport No: xxxxxx

Person 2 Date of birth: xxxxx
I would say that it's too early to get your medicals done, considering that you have recently applied for the 176, & second that the meds & pcc have a shelf life of only a year.
The huge influx of applications is pushing DIAC to process appls in 9-12months for low risk & 12-15 months for high risk country applicants.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

The longer you leave it to do your meds, the longer you're likely to have to validate. If you did your meds soon, you'd have a year from those dates to validate (unless you've frontloaded your police checks, in which case it'd be a year from that - but that's cheaper to re-do). So if you did your meds say 12th Dec, you'd have until 12th December next year to validate (enter Oz - even if only for a holiday), but your visa may take 11 months to process, in which case, you'd have a very short time to get out there. Give it a little while and see how visas are progressing, otherwise, wait for your CO (when you eventually get one) to request them.!!

Sorry if that was a bit long winded, but wanted to try to explain fully!!

Mel
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by melbert
The longer you leave it to do your meds, the longer you're likely to have to validate. If you did your meds soon, you'd have a year from those dates to validate (unless you've frontloaded your police checks, in which case it'd be a year from that - but that's cheaper to re-do). So if you did your meds say 12th Dec, you'd have until 12th December next year to validate (enter Oz - even if only for a holiday), but your visa may take 11 months to process, in which case, you'd have a very short time to get out there. Give it a little while and see how visas are progressing, otherwise, wait for your CO (when you eventually get one) to request them.!!

Sorry if that was a bit long winded, but wanted to try to explain fully!!

Mel
Well my question should have been what does the "Required " and "outstanding" mean on the status page. And also when I go under the Document checklist they have posted the Medical And X-ray forms with our name and case # on them....does this indicate any different.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Well my question should have been what does the "Required " and "outstanding" mean on the status page. And also when I go under the Document checklist they have posted the Medical And X-ray forms with our name and case # on them....does this indicate any different.
All it means is that it's still required. Wait till you have a CO and the do meds and pcc. You can print off your medical and X-ray forms when you like and fill them in for when your co contacts you and request's you meds and pcc.

Good luck and happy waiting

Anne
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

When your meds are done and sent off the status will changed to 'received' and if everything is OK a couple of weeks later they will be listed as 'finalised'.

However, this won't make allocation of a case officer any faster so you could be waiting 12 months and they will expire and have to be done again. I'd leave them for a few months at least and preferably around 6 months.

We applied in April and did meds in May which was 6 months ago and still have no CO
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobertC
When your meds are done and sent off the status will changed to 'received' and if everything is OK a couple of weeks later they will be listed as 'finalised'.

However, this won't make allocation of a case officer any faster so you could be waiting 12 months and they will expire and have to be done again. I'd leave them for a few months at least and preferably around 6 months.

We applied in April and did meds in May which was 6 months ago and still have no CO
I guess In that case It would be better if they say on the status page to wait for CO instruction before procedeing further. I think its kinda confusing.....ppl who are not aware of this forum will think that they are outstanding on thier medicals .

I hope the advise I am getting hia are true. I am just wondering is thier any where on thier website they tell us what these code words "outstanding" "required" mean on the status page.

Thx for all the answers.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

They are 'required' for your application and they are 'outstanding' because they haven't received them from you yet, its just their terminology.

However, sending them won't speed up your allocation of a CO as a different department processes the meds and updates your application status to 'received' when they have them and 'finalized' when they are all OK.

Its the change from 'Processing commenced' to 'Processing further' that's the big one.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobertC
They are 'required' for your application and they are 'outstanding' because they haven't received them from you yet, its just their terminology.

However, sending them won't speed up your allocation of a CO as a different department processes the meds and updates your application status to 'received' when they have them and 'finalized' when they are all OK.

Its the change from 'Processing commenced' to 'Processing further' that's the big one.
Thx for all the response. But can any one link me to thier site where all these information about CO allocation and timing of doing the medicals.
thank you
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for all the response. But can any one link me to thier site where all these information about CO allocation and timing of doing the medicals.
thank you
If you are unsure and are not happy with the answers (correct answers I might add) given by other helpful members, it might be worth your while to speak to a MARA registered agent. Robert C is spot on with his explanation of the terminology and the status of your application.

Your original question was "Should we get medical done?". The short answer is that it is still too soon to do it. If your wife has US citizenship that's great. What is your citizenship? Are you originally from a high risk country? If so, that will slow your application down as DIAC will need to wait for your home country to supply the security checks.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you are unsure and are not happy with the answers (correct answers I might add) given by other helpful members, it might be worth your while to speak to a MARA registered agent. Robert C is spot on with his explanation of the terminology and the status of your application.

Your original question was "Should we get medical done?". The short answer is that it is still too soon to do it. If your wife has US citizenship that's great. What is your citizenship? Are you originally from a high risk country? If so, that will slow your application down as DIAC will need to wait for your home country to supply the security checks.
I am a Green Holder and have been living in the US for last 5 years. Before that I lived in Australia for 2 years on student Visa.I am a citizen of Fiji. As of now I don't see requirements under Documents checklist for Police Report for either of us on the status page.