should i worry?

Old Mar 27th 2003, 11:29 am
Just Joined

lilbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should i worry?

I have sent my application for migration last May 10, 2002 under the Independent Skilled Migration for ICT.

I have received my acknowledgement receipt from DIMA last August 2002 and have not heard anything back after that..

Should i worry that i have not recieve any request for Police clearance and Medicals or to even to submit IELTS? Do you think i should call or email them now for follow-up?

Does DIMA really approved Independent Skill Migration in just 50 weeks or can it be more than 50 weeks?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27th 2003, 11:53 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: should i worry?

Originally posted by lilbabe
I have sent my application for migration last May 10, 2002 under the Independent Skilled Migration for ICT.

I have received my acknowledgement receipt from DIMA last August 2002 and have not heard anything back after that..

Should i worry that i have not recieve any request for Police clearance and Medicals or to even to submit IELTS? Do you think i should call or email them now for follow-up?

Does DIMA really approved Independent Skill Migration in just 50 weeks or can it be more than 50 weeks?

Many thanks in advance.
As per the latest info given by DIMIA, they are taking indeed 52 plus weeks for processing the applications.

No two applications are the same and processing takes places non-sequentially.

Do not worry.

All the best

Gordon
Old Mar 27th 2003, 5:15 pm
George Lombard

Hi All,

Actually the release of the latest processing statistics shows that Adelaide is very far behind reaching its quota for the current financial year and therefore you can all expect an explosion in the numbers of applications processed between now and June 30.

Obviously, each case is different and you should only undertake medical and police clearances when requested at this stage, but I would recommend that anyone who applied to Adelaide in 2002 should be prepared to undertake the final stages of processing quickly if requested.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"gordon_flash" wrote in message...
As per the latest info given by DIMIA, they are taking indeed 52 plus weeks for processing the applications.

Old Apr 6th 2003, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

lilbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:35 pm
Jocopy

I applied on 11th April 2002 and I've not been requested for medicals
yet.

In July 2002, I was requested to sit for IELTS and enclosed together
was Form 80. I filled the form and returned, without knowing that I
needed to send 4 copies as stated in form 47p.

Does this affect my application? Should I email my case officer to
enquire on my application status?

Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:39 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jocopy
I applied on 11th April 2002 and I've not been requested for medicals yet.

In July 2002, I was requested to sit for IELTS and enclosed together was Form 80. I filled the form and returned, without knowing that I needed to send 4 copies as stated in form 47p.

Does this affect my application? Should I email my case officer to enquire on my application status?
Just curious, were you ever a resident in Malaysia?

You may send over the additional copies of Form 80 anytime, there's no need to email your case officer first. That's assuming you really do need 4 copies of Form 80 (if you are/were a resident in Malaysia, 4 copies are a must).

Peter
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:16 am
Jocopy

Yes, I'm a resident of Malaysia but I do not have a copy of Form 80.
Is it ok to print out from the net?

Old Apr 8th 2003, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

gavocc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jocopy
Yes, I'm a resident of Malaysia but I do not have a copy of Form 80.
Is it ok to print out from the net?
Yes, you can do that. Photocopies are acceptable too.