British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   should i upload fresh PCCs without request ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/should-i-upload-fresh-pccs-without-request-673099/)

usmanr Jun 19th 2010 2:51 pm

should i upload fresh PCCs without request ?

I was requested by DIAC for Medicals and PCCs around 3 months back. Everything was provided by me.

But it seems that the application processing will take some more time and my police clearance certificates are going to expire in next 2 weeks (3 months validity).

Now, Should i obtain and upload fresh copies of PCCs before they ask for it or should i wait for their request.

I will prefer uploading without request if it can save some time !!

any advise ?

525252 Jun 19th 2010 3:36 pm

Re: should i upload fresh PCCs without request ?

Originally Posted by usmanr (Post 8643049)
I was requested by DIAC for Medicals and PCCs around 3 months back. Everything was provided by me.

But it seems that the application processing will take some more time and my police clearance certificates are going to expire in next 2 weeks (3 months validity).

Now, Should i obtain and upload fresh copies of PCCs before they ask for it or should i wait for their request.

any advise ?

It is not going to save much time, better to wait for CO request
and pre-uploading it will also shorten the time that you will get for visa validation
even full 3 months is a quite short notice of validation

Dorothy Jun 19th 2010 11:48 pm

any advise ?

Why would your police certificate only havee 3 months validity? It is well known that DIAC deems them valid for 12 months.

moneypenny20 Jun 20th 2010 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8643700)
Why would your police certificate only havee 3 months validity? It is well known that DIAC deems them valid for 12 months.

Bit confused by this but assume that they had them done months before they were required. Why you would make the same mistake again is beyond me.

Wait until asked.

wilson01 Jun 20th 2010 3:15 am

any advise ?

They may not even ask for new ones :fingerscrossed: so if I was you I would just wait and see what happens ;)

usmanr Jun 20th 2010 5:03 am

Police certificates in Dubai and Pakistan have 3 months validity by default.

Thanks for your replies.

Bermudashorts Jun 20th 2010 5:05 am

Originally Posted by usmanr (Post 8643936)

Thanks for your replies.

So if you got PCC checks when CO asked, I seriously doubt that CO will ask you to get them again because you still don't have visa three months later.

I expect the CO will consider them for 12 months regardless of whether the Dubai or Pakistani authorities consider them to have 3 months validity.

usmanr Jun 20th 2010 5:13 am

Thanks.

I think i better wait for them.

Dorothy Jun 20th 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by usmanr (Post 8643936)

Thanks for your replies.

Your police certificate is valid for 12 months for DIAC purposes.