British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Should i go for medical and PCC now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/should-i-go-medical-pcc-now-696748/)

fahadkhan389 Dec 13th 2010 6:57 am

Should i go for medical and PCC now?

I got my CO on 30th November and got attached pdf docs(form 80,form 1022,Request doc or info,Request for information).

In 'Request for information', she asked me the following docs.
  1. Please provide a school leaving certificate showing your date of birth
  2. Form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment - must be completed in full - pa & sa
  3. Evidence of Employment Conditions - Pa
  4. Evidence of Qualifications - Overseas - Pa
  5. Evidence of Relationship - Spouse, De Facto Partner

she has not asked me for medical and police checks but in other document 'Request doc. or info' it is written ....Request for more information for Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) visa application
This letter refers to your application for a Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) visa, which was lodged
electronically on 07 February 2010. You have indicated on your application that you wish to be
considered for the grant of a Skilled - Sponsored (subclass 176) visa.
Timeframe for response
You must respond to this request within 28 days after you are taken to have received this letter.
Please send your response to me using the contact details provided in the section "Contacting
GSM Adelaide" below.
As this letter was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day it
was transmitted.
If you are unable to provide the requested information (such as medical results or police checks)
within the timeframe specified above, for reasons beyond your control, please send us evidence
(such as receipts) that you have applied to do so.
If we do not receive any response from you within the timeframe specified above, or if your
response is unsatisfactory or incomplete, then in accordance with legislation, your application
may be decided based on the available information.
To provide additional documents to GSM Adelaide please attach the documents online via link
http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/genera...ttachments.htm.

Written in bold above means should i send medical and PCC as well? my online status also showing outstanding and required.please advise and also let me know how long PCC and medical expire if i get them now?

best regards
Fahad

born2learn Dec 13th 2010 7:03 am

Re: Should i go for medical and PCC now?

You are not requested to do medical and pcc so you should wait for next email from CO explicitly mentioning about medical and pcc.

Pollyana Dec 13th 2010 7:04 am

Originally Posted by born2learn (Post 9037359)
You are not requested to do medical and pcc so you should wait for next email from CO explicitly mentioning about medical and pcc.

Exactly. If they wanted meds and PCC they would've requested them.
Meds and pcc show as requested from when the application is submitted. They are only valid for a year so doing them unrequested may mean having to re-do them before visa grant.

fahadkhan389 Dec 13th 2010 7:13 am

Thanks for the response.i have already booked my Appointment for medical examination.Should i cancel it now to avoid any risk? please advise

gr8leo87 Dec 13th 2010 7:15 am

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389 (Post 9037367)
Thanks for the response.i have already booked my Appointment for medical examination.Should i cancel it now to avoid any risk? please advise

if you can cancel it then yes cancel it RIGHT NOW. and only do it when requested by the CO.

aliah Dec 13th 2010 7:19 am

Originally Posted by gr8leo87 (Post 9037368)
if you can cancel it then yes cancel it RIGHT NOW. and only do it when requested by the CO.

Even if you dont cancel it and skip the appointment,IOM Pakistan will not raise petition against you :p

but simply if you are not asked for medical and PCC and frontloading it,you gonna have to re do it at later stage...i myself did this mistake and still cursing myself...it takes longer than usual for HR applicants[especially thoe from Pakistan] and you should wait for formal request from CO...

gr8leo87 Dec 13th 2010 7:26 am

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 9037373)
Even if you dont cancel it and skip the appointment,IOM Pakistan will not raise petition against you :p

but simply if you are not asked for medical and PCC and frontloading it,you gonna have to re do it at later stage...i myself did this mistake and still cursing myself...it takes longer than usual for HR applicants[especially thoe from Pakistan] and you should wait for formal request from CO...

and what about those unluckies like me who actually GET REQUESTED for Meds and PCC in their first communication :p haha

fahadkhan389 Dec 13th 2010 7:35 am

Thanks to all:)

shafaqat309 Dec 13th 2010 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by gr8leo87 (Post 9037381)
and what about those unluckies like me who actually GET REQUESTED for Meds and PCC in their first communication :p haha

Actually your co wanted you to waste some money :D

Saracen Dec 13th 2010 8:14 pm

I have been in very similar situation.
Now note that form 80 processing takes some time and a long time for HR countries so it is advisable not to do medicals at this stage unless it is requested.
You can at least wait for 2-3 months before you do medicals