Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Should I delay the Medicals because of new baby?

Should I delay the Medicals because of new baby?

Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

akhhttar is on a distinguished road
Default Should I delay the Medicals because of new baby?

Hello Everyone,

I applied for GSM 176 relative sponsorship visa in May 2011 and now I have received Medical call. But the current situation is that my wife is pregnant and we are expecting a new baby in February. Our doctor has allowed my wife to undergo from X-Ray with protected shield. But when I have discussed about new baby with my CO, he has suggested us to do the whole family Medicals at once after the baby birth, but he has also said that decision is mine to decide either I want to do the Medicals now or after the baby's birth.

Though CO has suggested to delay the medical I am little hesitating to delay it after seeing the following notice on immigration website

"The current planning level for the Skilled Australian Sponsored GSM category of the 2012-13 Migration Program is 4200 visa places. This category is for applicants who have been sponsored by an eligible relative. Skilled Australian Sponsored visas include:

Skilled Sponsored subclass 176
Skilled Regional Sponsored subclass 475
Skilled Regional Sponsored subclass 487
Skilled Sponsored subclass 886
Skilled Regional subclass 489.

As at November 2012, the Skilled Australian Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining. In accordance with the Migration Program planning level and the priority arrangements, remaining visa places will be used for decisions on Skilled Regional subclass 489 applications which are family sponsored and other Skilled Australian Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements."

Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ng-gsm-app.htm

Please suggest what could be better for me, Wait Or Do the medical Now?

Thank You,

-Akhtar
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

dshamim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I delay the Medicals because of new baby?

same case here, except i'm visa sub class 175, I have an appointment on 27th Nov , however as was pointed by somone

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/child.htm

and by the CO - that if the child is born before the parents visa is granted - we'll have to apply for a separate child visa for the child

this could be a problem as child visa is a separate application and who know how long willl that take - not to mention this application lodging will cost additional amount of money -

Any suggestions ?
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Have your CO also suggested you to wait.?

BTW, as per my CO, our case will be finalized after baby's birth and his/her medical clearance which means visa will not be granted before that.

I am also waiting for some expert opinion from senior forum member. My CO is waiting for my decision. SOMEONE PLEASE SUGGEST
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akhhttar

BTW, as per my CO, our case will be finalized after baby's birth and his/her medical clearance which means visa will not be granted before that.

I am also waiting for some expert opinion from senior forum member. My CO is waiting for my decision. SOMEONE PLEASE SUGGEST
Well it really is up to you. Why would you let strangers on an internet make this very personal decision for you.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest what? That you rely on the advice of a complete stranger, or that you review your own personal situation and then take responsibility for your own decision.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Well, I think I didn't choose the correct subject and wording for this post .let me explain what i am really looking for.I made my mind to delay the medical but as I have said in my first post that I am little hesitating to delay it after reading the above posted immigration notice. As per my understanding of this notice there is capping applied on the same visa class(176 family) that I have applied.The suggestion I need from forum members is that "If I will delay the medical then can my case can be effected by this capping at this stage.?

Hope its little clear now

Thanks
-Akhtar
Old Nov 17th 2012, 4:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think I didn't choose the correct subject and wording for this post .let me explain what i am really looking for.I made my mind to delay the medical but as I have said in my first post that I am little hesitating to delay it after reading the above posted immigration notice. As per my understanding of this notice there is capping applied on the same visa class(176 family) that I have applied.The suggestion I need from forum members is that "If I will delay the medical then can my case can be effected by this capping at this stage.?

Hope its little clear now

Thanks
-Akhtar
If the capacity for that subclass is reached before your visa is granted then it will be capped. However, no-one, not even me with a newly calibrated crystal ball, can tell you when it will reach that level.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

hey akhhttar what is more important for u ? your baby or this piece of paper called VISA ??
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
hey akhhttar what is more important for u ? your baby or this piece of paper called VISA ??
Its not Baby vs Visa. My doctor has allowed us to go through from medicals, so our baby is safe in either way.

Thanks
-Akhtar
Old Nov 17th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Its not Baby vs Visa. My doctor has allowed us to go through from medicals, so our baby is safe in either way.

Thanks
-Akhtar
If this the case then what's the point of opening this thread? What i know, BE is not a timeline forum
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...12&postcount=2
Old Nov 17th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
If this the case then what's the point of opening this thread? What i know, BE is not a timeline forum
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...12&postcount=2
I am sure that you have not read the complete thread :P

Anyway, Pollyana has already answered my question. There might be some other threads those need your attention

Thanks
-Akhtar
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

But you have already said that your CO will not complete your application until after your baby's birth anyway, so there is no rush to get medicals done now x