Wikiposts

Should I convert from 175 to 176?

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I convert from 175 to 176?

Originally Posted by brighter2moro
To my understanding, DIAC look to grant a 175 visa first, and if you have 120 points or more, that's what you'll get, state nominated or not.

if they can see you qualify for it, that's what you'll be given.

'switch' from a 175 to a 176, the type of visa you get won't be altered and you'll still get a 175.
Really? where do you get that from - very interesting. we'll soon see as so many are switching across.

Originally Posted by brighter2moro
That said, it seems unlikely, if they're in the middle of processing the application then realise that actually you qualify for a 175, that they'd throw your application back on the 175 pile and not process it with the speed they're processing 176's.
Now that would really P off some people who qualify for both, get SS for processing speed and then don't end up with it being any faster
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
How did you notify DIAC and ask them to switch?
Our agent asked us if would like to we said yes she then down loaded the forms it was that easy.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
Our agent asked us if would like to we said yes she then down loaded the forms it was that easy.
ok. we have no agent and wondered the best way to do it if we get approved. We'll find out I am sure.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:30 am
Just Joined

brighter2moro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Safin
Really? where do you get that from
I'll look at immi to try and find a source, but that's my understanding of the way DIAC operate in terms of deciding what visa to grant. Perhaps one or two of the MARA registered types could clarify that point?

Now that would really P off some people who qualify for both, get SS for processing speed and then don't end up with it being any faster
Precisely. I'm a bit concerned that so many agents are recommending this, as I'm pretty sure that once DIAC see that you have 120 points, you'll get a 175 anyway. Now, that's a better visa to have, but if it means you go back on the 175 pile, it means a lot of people are wasting their time, and irritating DIAC too, which could be detrimental to all of us in the long run.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

When they were processing 136 and 137 and 175 and 176 with the same priority, then yes, if the 120 was scored and a State sponsorship held by DIAC, they would likely grant as a 136 or 175.

Now there are processing priorities, if a case is pulled out because it has state sponsorship and it happens to score 120 or more, it is likely to get granted as a 176. DIAC are keen to issue as many visas as possible as 176 rather than 175 as it is politically more defensible to issue 176 visas rather than 175 visas.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:12 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
When they were processing 136 and 137 and 175 and 176 with the same priority, then yes, if the 120 was scored and a State sponsorship held by DIAC, they would likely grant as a 136 or 175.

Now there are processing priorities, if a case is pulled out because it has state sponsorship and it happens to score 120 or more, it is likely to get granted as a 176. DIAC are keen to issue as many visas as possible as 176 rather than 175 as it is politically more defensible to issue 176 visas rather than 175 visas.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
politically more defensible <<< ?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jen

there is a slight (compared to UK/Ireland) downturn in the economy in Australia and the Government is under pressure, from some quarters, to slash the migrant intake. so at the end of this program year, the higher the %age of visas that are regional, state and employer sponsored the easier it will be for the Government to claim that the program is well "targeted" and meeting the specific needs of employers and State/Regional specific skills shortages.
so the promotion of State and CSL applicants is a political decision as much as anything else.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Jen

there is a slight (compared to UK/Ireland) downturn in the economy in Australia and the Government is under pressure, from some quarters, to slash the migrant intake. so at the end of this program year, the higher the %age of visas that are regional, state and employer sponsored the easier it will be for the Government to claim that the program is well "targeted" and meeting the specific needs of employers and State/Regional specific skills shortages.
so the promotion of State and CSL applicants is a political decision as much as anything else.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
OOPS @ us 175's then eh....
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a case officer!!
175 lodged in July 08, recently converted to a 176!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by guiguioz
I have a case officer!!
175 lodged in July 08, recently converted to a 176!
Seems converting 175 NON CSL to 176 works out. Waiting for state sponse...............................
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

guiguioz deserved a break he/she ia 457 holder
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
guiguioz deserved a break he/she ia 457 holder
yep, you're right, I'm a 457 visa holder (and may loose it), so State sponsorship was the only option (I am not on the CSL)
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

yep, you're right, I'm a 457 visa holder (and may loose it), so State sponsorship was the only option (I am not on the CSL)
congratualtions and good luck
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:40 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and good luck with your processing

Cooler
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:37 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponzki
just fyi...i lodged my application for 136 visa August 23 2007 NON CSL/MODL...got impatient and have been arguing with my agent on my inclination to change to state sponsorship since January. I applied for state sponsorship last Jan 27 without the knowledge of my agent, my agent got a verification from the state and got annoyed, of course.

I really wanted to change to state sponsorship. But just when I sent an email to my agent that I plan to really push through with this, either with his help or not, and I asked him if I need to terminate his service so I could do it. He sent me an email 30 minutes later with an attached letter from my case officer which arrived, by coincidence, at the same date and time.

I think great things really happen when you least expect it. I know what you are going through, but think hard about it. I think it wouldn't hurt if you apply for state sponsorship now while waiting for March 20. Do not put though that you have an agent in your application. Once you have an approved application, that's the time that you decide. Well, goodluck!
By 'last january' you mean Jan 2008 right ?

Surely you can't mean Jan2009 ! (because you said your non CSL/MODL ..? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.