Wikiposts

short of passmark and AIM

Old May 8th 2002, 6:35 am
Monty

Default short of passmark and AIM

Hi

I need some opinions/advice please. My brother inlaw gets 105 points for OZ provided
that AIM accepts his qualifications. If he should still put in a PR application does
this mean he will sit in a pool of people till they drop the mark or is it possible
for him to be accepted if he finds employment.

Another thing , how difficult is it to obtain employment without a PR visa? Can it be
done even if the passmark has not been met.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers Monty

Old May 9th 2002, 12:20 am
George Lombard

Default Re: short of passmark and AIM

Hi Monty,

If your brother in law has completed an MBA in Australia you should warn him that AIM
will not assess him positively, as it looks to experience, not qualifications. He
will need to qualify in some other way.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au monty wrote in message ...
    >Hi
    >
    >I need some opinions/advice please. My brother inlaw gets 105 points for OZ provided
    >that AIM accepts his qualifications. If he should still put in a PR application does
    >this mean he will sit in a pool of people till they drop the mark or is it possible
    >for him to be accepted if he finds employment.
    >
    >Another thing , how difficult is it to obtain employment without a PR visa? Can it
    >be done even if the passmark has not been met.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    >Cheers Monty

Old May 9th 2002, 10:20 pm
Jaj

Default Re: short of passmark and AIM

>On Thu, 9 May 2002 21:25:45 -0700, "George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Monty,
    >
    >If your brother in law has completed an MBA in Australia you should warn him that
    >AIM will not assess him positively, as it looks to experience, not qualifications.
    >He will need to qualify in some other way.

If he's got an Australian relative to sponsor him then I presume he could nominate a
50 point occupation and look for a VETASSESS assessment?

Of course, he's still need to meet the basic requirement for skilled work experience,
unless he's a recent graduate applying onshore.

>>Hi
    >>
    >>I need some opinions/advice please. My brother inlaw gets 105 points for OZ
    >>provided that AIM accepts his qualifications. If he should still put in a PR
    >>application does this mean he will sit in a pool of people till they drop the mark

Application stays in the pool for two years. It's unlikely the pass mark will drop
to 105, the other option would be a nomination for a visa under one of the
regional schemes.

Also, if you're applying onshore there is no 'pool'

>or is it possible for him to be
    >>accepted if he finds employment.

Not without a proper visa. If he was on the Skill Matching database, a regional
employer could nominate him for a Regional Skilled Migration Scheme visa, but this
(as with other regional schemes) is currently a long shot.

>>
    >>Another thing , how difficult is it to obtain employment without a PR visa? Can it
    >>be done even if the passmark has not been met.

Only if you get sponsorship for an employer nominated visa.

Jeremy