Settlement Officer Warning

Old Oct 19th 2018, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

trevnod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement Officer Warning

Originally Posted by teza

ain’t that the truth,this guy is all kinds of special petal. Seriously so many would kill to be in your position, you make me � ����
What the hell does my current position have to do with this? You make it sound like I don't want to go there or I am wasting the visa. You have no clue why I'm not over there yet so stop jumping the gun.

Last edited by trevnod; Oct 19th 2018 at 11:40 am.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:58 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm willing to bet the ACT Settlement Officer already knows Trevor intends to initially be in Sydney. Its long been known that they monitor this forum.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

trevnod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm willing to bet the ACT Settlement Officer already knows Trevor intends to initially be in Sydney. Its long been known that they monitor this forum.
Oh away and chase yourself, you are just being vicious now!
Old Oct 19th 2018, 6:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevnod
No, not at all. It's long been known they monitor this group to find out what applicants' true intentions are. Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do?
Old Oct 20th 2018, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a known fact since the early 2000s that Australian Immi officials read the Immi Forum. It's also a fact that people have been refused their visas because the Immi department (whatever initials they go by these days) knew, from this forum that they were lying on their application. Again, no one's being rude or negative. It's fact whether you like it or not.
Old Oct 20th 2018, 11:13 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell does my current position have to do with this? You make it sound like I don't want to go there or I am wasting the visa. You have no clue why I'm not over there yet so stop jumping the gun.
There are countless of people who come here asking about visas, willing to move in a heartbeat if they had a chance,yet unfortunately many of them don’t qualify for any visa and we see their heartbreak.
You qualified and gained a visa, yet are in no hurry to move and when questioned about it by officials you claim “officer warning”. I don’t give a hoot if you move or not, but as an Australian dual citizen and tax payer I do care where my tax dollars go. So yes, I’m on the side of the officer who doesn’t know you, is just doing their job (good on them ����������������� ��) and frankly I hope, does it without thinking if you get offended or not (you seem to get easily offended so not sure how you’ll cope with Aussie banter)., good luck with the move and for us taxpayers I do hope it’s towards designated place.

Last edited by teza; Oct 20th 2018 at 11:18 am.
Old Oct 21st 2018, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP
they are simply following up as you have not yet settled in the ACT. Just answer all their questions honestly ASAP.

All States and Territories are tightening up on 190 visas as many people have not complied with the spirit of the conditions to settle. They have indicated that they will inform immigration you have failed to settle their or respond to their survey ( also a condition of a 190) so it is possible your visa could be cancelled.

I understsnd and you have your reasons and still intend to go to the ACT so you will be fine.

This is did not used to be the issue it is now. Take it as a warning that ACT will move to cancel the visa if you don’t comply.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 12:37 am
Banned

Speaking as someone who was sponsored by the ACT government and actually settled in the ACT, it's an awesome place to call home, no regrets.