Settlement Officer Warning

Old Oct 18th 2018, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

trevnod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement Officer Warning

Hello

I’m hoping someone knows something about this. I was awarded a 190 permanents resisdents visa back in 2014 for Canberra. Due to family illness i haven’t been able to take up permanent residence yet. I have until October next year and I plan on using it. The settlement office is saying if she doesn’t hear back from me in 7 days she will inform home office and my record will be closed. Does this mean by visa is cancelled or what? I’ll include the email below in case it makes anymore sense. Thanks I’m advance for any help. Trevor

”Dear Trevor,

On 9/10/2014 you were granted a 190 visa nominated by the ACT which meant that on permanent arrival in Australia you made a commitment to live/work in Canberra.

I note from the Home Affairs records that you are currently ‘offshore’ and I have had no record of you informing me that you have moved to Canberra. Please provide the following details:

When did you arrive permanently n Australia?

Where are you living?

Did you reside in Canberra at any time between 9/10/2014 – 18/10/2018?

If you have not yet made your permanent move to Canberra please let me know if it is still your intention to arrive before 9/10/2019.

If I don’t hear from you within 7 days by 25/10/2018 your record will be closed and Home Affairs informed.

Regards“
Old Oct 18th 2018, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Officer Warning

Originally Posted by trevnod
Hello

I’m hoping someone knows something about this. I was awarded a 190 permanents resisdents visa back in 2014 for Canberra. Due to family illness i haven’t been able to take up permanent residence yet. I have until October next year and I plan on using it. The settlement office is saying if she doesn’t hear back from me in 7 days she will inform home office and my record will be closed. Does this mean by visa is cancelled or what? I’ll include the email below in case it makes anymore sense. Thanks I’m advance for any help. Trevor

”Dear Trevor,

On 9/10/2014 you were granted a 190 visa nominated by the ACT which meant that on permanent arrival in Australia you made a commitment to live/work in Canberra.

I note from the Home Affairs records that you are currently ‘offshore’ and I have had no record of you informing me that you have moved to Canberra. Please provide the following details:

When did you arrive permanently n Australia?

Where are you living?

Did you reside in Canberra at any time between 9/10/2014 – 18/10/2018?

If you have not yet made your permanent move to Canberra please let me know if it is still your intention to arrive before 9/10/2019.

If I don’t hear from you within 7 days by 25/10/2018 your record will be closed and Home Affairs informed.

Regards“
Sounds like ACT, the State which sponsored you, wants to know whether you actually intend to honour your obligation to them by moving there. Which is fair enough really as they expended time and money on the sponsorship.
I understand from a couple of agents that enforcement of the 190 obligation is being taken more seriously now and people not moving to the sponsoring State/Territory are now at risk of having their visas cancelled
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I am unsure what the problem here, is.

She asked you if you still intended to move to Canberra before October of next year, and to let her know within seven days.

So, respond to the question, and do so within a week.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Well you say that they have spent money on this/me but I paid a fortune for the visa so I doubt that's the case. It's at least covered minimum, possibly even a profit for them. What I was led to believe was I'm not legally obliged to spend anytime in the ACT and that this is merely an agreement with them which I'm fairly expected to honour. To get this message suggesting, possibly, that it may be cancelled (which I still have to find out if that's the case from the case officer's wording of the email) surprised me to say the least. I am planning on going over before the deadline but it will initially be Sydney.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carcajou
I am unsure what the problem here, is.

She asked you if you still intended to move to Canberra before October of next year, and to let her know within seven days.

So, respond to the question, and do so within a week.
That's not helping me, in fact it's a bit cheeky. I was only looking for advice/opinions on this not for you to be cheeky :-(
Old Oct 18th 2018, 9:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How is it "cheeky"? Carcajou gave you advice. Answer the question asked in the time frame given. It's not difficult .

As for the costing money thing, yes ACT did spend money on you. Your visa fee goes to the federal government. Your sponsorship was by the territory which maintains a department to recruit and sponsor people who intend to live and work and contribute to the territory. So yes, it does cost ACT money.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 9:31 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Surely if you reply back saying that yes you intend to be there before 9/10/2019, your options will remain open. Why risk the visa being cancelled prematurely?
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:48 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well you say that they have spent money on this/me but I paid a fortune for the visa so I doubt that's the case. It's at least covered minimum, possibly even a profit for them. What I was led to believe was I'm not legally obliged to spend anytime in the ACT and that this is merely an agreement with them which I'm fairly expected to honour. To get this message suggesting, possibly, that it may be cancelled (which I still have to find out if that's the case from the case officer's wording of the email) surprised me to say the least. I am planning on going over before the deadline but it will initially be Sydney.
The State/Territory has to pay for the sponsorship and for the processing of that sponsrship. YOU have to ay for the processing of your visa.

By accepting a 190 you are making a commitment to live in ACT for 2 years at least. You have just stated on the open forum that you intend to go to Sydney, so you are not even attempting to keep to your end of the agreement. If you did not intent to move to ACT why did you take a place that could have gone to someone else with slightly better ideas about sticking to the rules?
Now whether you believe me or not, I don't really care, but it has been reported recently by at least two reputable migration agents that people are being questioned about why they broke the agreement, and their visas are at risk of cancellation.The view of these agents is that at long last the department s going to start enforcing the rules on the 190.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:50 am
Home and Happy

That's not helping me, in fact it's a bit cheeky. I was only looking for advice/opinions on this not for you to be cheeky :-(
Whats cheeky about it? You wanted advice and opinions on what to do and you got them.You may not like them, but hey thats life.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Obtaining a 190 with no intent of honouring the moral obligation has always been visa fraud and could give rise to cancellation of the visa. These days, that is being enforced more.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not going to ACT, tell them, don't lie, it'll catch up with you in the end. Draw a line under ACT and start again with a visa application to NSW if you want to live in Sydney. It definitely sounds like the days of the moral obligation meaning bugger all are now over which is a good thing.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The State/Territory has to pay for the sponsorship and for the processing of that sponsrship. YOU have to ay for the processing of your visa.

By accepting a 190 you are making a commitment to live in ACT for 2 years at least. You have just stated on the open forum that you intend to go to Sydney, so you are not even attempting to keep to your end of the agreement. If you did not intent to move to ACT why did you take a place that could have gone to someone else with slightly better ideas about sticking to the rules?
Now whether you believe me or not, I don't really care, but it has been reported recently by at least two reputable migration agents that people are being questioned about why they broke the agreement, and their visas are at risk of cancellation.The view of these agents is that at long last the department s going to start enforcing the rules on the 190.
Ok so I see some people on this forum are just rude, you are the second person to be rude to me when I was only asking for advice. Read my comments again, I said I was “initially” going over to Sydney. I would like a holiday there before starting my time in the ACT. There was no need to be rude!
Old Oct 19th 2018, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I see some people on this forum are just rude, you are the second person to be rude to me when I was only asking for advice. Read my comments again, I said I was “initially” going over to Sydney. I would like a holiday there before starting my time in the ACT. There was no need to be rude!
Absolutely no one has been rude or cheeky. We are just posters who have been there, done that and are now ready and willing to offer support and advice to anyone who asks for it. Sometimes the answers given are not what the poster asking wants to hear but we all make very sure the answers are honest and truthful as none of us want anyone to get incorrect info and possibly lose their chance of a visa.

Accusing someone of being rude when they're not is unhelpful and stops very helpful, very knowledgeable people offering support to the detriment of the person asking the question and the Board as a whole.

Thanks.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

If you think THAT'S rude you won't last long in Australia..........
Old Oct 19th 2018, 11:22 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you think THAT'S rude you won't last long in Australia..........
ain’t that the truth,this guy is all kinds of special petal. Seriously so many would kill to be in your position, you make me 😂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.