Wikiposts

Serious panic attack!!

Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Serious panic attack!!

I have just been reading the A & NZ magazine and.....HORROR!!!!

Didn't specific work experience used to earn 20 points?

My visa application was dead on 120 and I'm sure I put 20 points re work experience

According to the magazine (and DIMIA) it is now only worth only 10!!!!

Please help
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Serious panic attack!!

Originally Posted by November11

My visa application was dead on 120 and I'm sure I put 20 points re work experience

Please help
I'm really sorry...think I've just made an idiot of myself!
Looks as though work experience has always been 10 points?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry...think I've just made an idiot of myself!
Looks as though work experience has always been 10 points?
LOL...thats something I normally do...sent you some Karma for the giggle.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:44 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Please help
Hi,

I would like to know where I can get this A & NZ Magazine? What is is about? Generel lifestyle and immigration issues?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Janni
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi,

I would like to know where I can get this A & NZ Magazine? What is is about? Generel lifestyle and immigration issues?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Janni
Have a look on the New Oz/NZ Magazine thread, there are a few options you have of acquiring a copy. Yes it is about general lifestyle and immi info -
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Have a look on the New Oz/NZ Magazine thread, there are a few options you have of acquiring a copy. Yes it is about general lifestyle and immi info -
You need to be careful because the information in the magazine is not always correct regarding visas... after aplying for STNI I was reading one issue about the STNI visa and it said you needed 120 points for it - which is not the case.

It got me worried for a bit and I had to post on the forum to make sure I hadn't wasted my time with the visa app
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
You need to be careful because the information in the magazine is not always correct regarding visas... after aplying for STNI I was reading one issue about the STNI visa and it said you needed 120 points for it - which is not the case.

It got me worried for a bit and I had to post on the forum to make sure I hadn't wasted my time with the visa app
I agree there are one or two things in the list of 'to do' which isnt correct..such as put house up for sale before visa grant.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:07 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

I agree there are one or two things in the list of 'to do' which isnt correct..such as put house up for sale before visa grant.
Hi both,

Aldebaran: we have similar timelines. We lodged STNI application 24 January, acknowledged 1 February.

Good luck.

Regards,
Janni
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi both,

Aldebaran: we have similar timelines. We lodged STNI application 24 January, acknowledged 1 February.

Good luck.

Regards,
Janni
Good luck to you too Janni. Are you STNI Victoria ?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

LOL...thats something I normally do...sent you some Karma for the giggle.
Thanks for the Karma..I need it!

I'm generally quite an easy going/laid back kind of person but the 'waiting game' is turning me into a neurotic mess!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Good luck to you too Janni. Are you STNI Victoria ?
Hi Aldebaran,

No, we are STNI SA (Production Engineer). Will settle in Adelaide.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Janni