British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   serious disease (including menal illness) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/serious-disease-including-menal-illness-431780/)

daunted Mar 2nd 2007 8:24 pm

serious disease (including menal illness)

Hello again! :D
Form 47sk Part G question 48
'Have you or anyother person included in this application, ever had or currently have tuberculosis or any other serious disease (including mental illness), condition or disability?'

Bit stuck :confused: I have had 2 periods of depression over the last 11 years, both times treated with short course of anti d's, no hospital stay or psychiatric referals. This will all be declared at medicals HOWEVER do i need to include this here as well?

Thank you
Mandy

Dorothy Mar 2nd 2007 8:53 pm

Re: serious disease (including menal illness)

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 4475246)
Hello again! :D
Form 47sk Part G question 48
'Have you or anyother person included in this application, ever had or currently have tuberculosis or any other serious disease (including mental illness), condition or disability?'

Bit stuck :confused: I have had 2 periods of depression over the last 11 years, both times treated with short course of anti d's, no hospital stay or psychiatric referals. This will all be declared at medicals HOWEVER do i need to include this here as well?

Thank you
Mandy

Yes, you do have to include those in your application. If you put "no" and then it's declared on your medicals how will you explain the discrepency? Best advice anyone can give you is be as honest as possible on any paperwork you send to DIAC. It would be a shame to have your visa refused because you weren't forthcoming on your application.

daunted Mar 2nd 2007 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 4475433)
Yes, you do have to include those in your application. If you put "no" and then it's declared on your medicals how will you explain the discrepency? Best advice anyone can give you is be as honest as possible on any paperwork you send to DIAC. It would be a shame to have your visa refused because you weren't forthcoming on your application.

Thanks Dorothy. I wasnt suggesting keeping it a secret i just wasnt sure if depression was classed as a serious mental health problem (guess it depends how serious it is LOL) Thanks for you help its now all written up :thumbup:

Weasy Mar 2nd 2007 9:06 pm

Ooooops, I've just realised that I declared 2 short periods of mild postnatal depression at the medicals and didn't put them on the application form as it never occurred to me that they would be classed as serious. Oh well, I've got me visas and I'm here. I do agree, in hindsight, that it's probably best to put them on the form though............

Lou
xx

Dorothy Mar 2nd 2007 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 4475452)
Thanks Dorothy. I wasnt suggesting keeping it a secret i just wasnt sure if depression was classed as a serious mental health problem (guess it depends how serious it is LOL) Thanks for you help its now all written up :thumbup:

I wasn't suggesting you were planning on keeping it a secret. I just think it's better to put too much information rather than not enough. I also had a short period of depression which was treated and it didn't cause a problem. I also have a heart condition but brought along a letter from my cardiologist and my son has some issues with Tourette's and ODD but again brought along letters from his psychiatrist.

Dorothy Mar 2nd 2007 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Weasy (Post 4475486)
Ooooops, I've just realised that I declared 2 short periods of mild postnatal depression at the medicals and didn't put them on the application form as it never occurred to me that they would be classed as serious. Oh well, I've got me visas and I'm here. I do agree, in hindsight, that it's probably best to put them on the form though............

Lou
xx

You'll have to come out to the Girls Night Out with Wendy and I on the 17th. I think we're going to that pub on the corner of East Tce and North Tce. Sorry, the name escapes me at the moment, but look in the meet ups section for Adelaide Girls Night Out Part 2.

Cheetah7 Mar 2nd 2007 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 4475558)
You'll have to come out to the Girls Night Out with Wendy and I on the 17th. I think we're going to that pub on the corner of East Tce and North Tce. Sorry, the name escapes me at the moment, but look in the meet ups section for Adelaide Girls Night Out Part 2.

Can I come? Im feeling ever so left out.:( :(

Dorothy Mar 3rd 2007 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 4475611)
Can I come? Im feeling ever so left out.:( :(

If you can be here (even on a tourist visa) for 17th March you are more than welcome. My hub will probably be in Perth that weekend, so you can even stay with me at my house. By the way, the offer to stay with us is ongoing. Even once you guys get your visa, you and Abdel are always welcome to come stay with us when you visit Adelaide.

Cheetah7 Mar 3rd 2007 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 4476018)
If you can be here (even on a tourist visa) for 17th March you are more than welcome. My hub will probably be in Perth that weekend, so you can even stay with me at my house. By the way, the offer to stay with us is ongoing. Even once you guys get your visa, you and Abdel are always welcome to come stay with us when you visit Adelaide.

Thank you Dorothy.

I dont reckon we can apply for a tourist visa whilst waiting for our 47sk, I dont think so anyway,:confused:

But I would love to meet you though.:thumbup:

RooksieJ Mar 3rd 2007 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 4478245)
Thank you Dorothy.

I dont reckon we can apply for a tourist visa whilst waiting for our 47sk, I dont think so anyway,:confused:

But I would love to meet you though.:thumbup:

Any news? do you know i check on here every day for your got it mate. when you get yours i think i will pee myself on the spot :ohmy:

Cheetah7 Mar 3rd 2007 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4478253)
Any news? do you know i check on here every day for your got it mate. when you get yours i think i will pee myself on the spot :ohmy:

I can feel it in my water, any day now (:rofl: )

Dont know when it will be Rooksie. Its all in the hands of hubbys country of origin and its all 'in gods time' as they might say.

I have decided when/if I get the phone call, first of all I have bet the Lombard to call me at work and tell my colleages to ask for me and say its 'Duncan for Samantha (as from my stories) - just like a secret code that they have in films. (bet he wouldnt dare though)

Then after I get the news, I shall do my got it post and then be sick probably.

You can pee yourself and I shall be sick.:o

RooksieJ Mar 3rd 2007 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 4478362)
I can feel it in my water, any day now (:rofl: )

Dont know when it will be Rooksie. Its all in the hands of hubbys country of origin and its all 'in gods time' as they might say.

I have decided when/if I get the phone call, first of all I have bet the Lombard to call me at work and tell my colleages to ask for me and say its 'Duncan for Samantha (as from my stories) - just like a secret code that they have in films. (bet he wouldnt dare though)

Then after I get the news, I shall do my got it post and then be sick probably.

You can pee yourself and I shall be sick.:o

i think he rang us at about 5 am and i thought "bo**ox to that" and didnt answer the phone!!

seriously mate, i cant wait for your Got It!! :D

thebears Mar 3rd 2007 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 4475452)

It is classed as a "serious health problem". But not in a negative way (ie for immigration purposes). I make this point for reassurance that it is taken seriously over here in case you need to seek assistance.

Good luck, others managed to get through with depression on their meds and they had no problems.:thumbup: