September 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 5th 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Well peep's, sorry not been on for ages & ages but,
been here 5 weeks on tuesday & I've been working 4 weeks! (so much for easing into it! lol
been in the house 2 weeks now, a word of warning,
real estate agents can be less than trust worthy, get everything in writing!! they can speak with fork tongue!!!!
if you go to see a property & like it, fill in the application form there and then, as they are usually snapped up on the viewing day! allso if you want a nice area be prepared to pay "top doller"!

New cars are cheaper than the uk! if you've got a job you will get finance, which helps with the old credit rating!!! (so we've got our first BRAND NEW CAR yippeeeee)
Car insurance seems cheaper too

kids "seem" ok at school!! all thought the eldest who's been here since we validated in nov! is a little home sick at the mo!!!
Still pinching myself in the morning as i seem to have woken up to sunshine nearly everyday for 5 weeks!

We collected the dogs from the airport on sat! thay had to go to Sydney for quarentine, cost's to bring 2 mini schnauzers £260 uk vets, £2,350 shipping, £650 quarentine £310 for the flight from sydney to perth. They are in absolutly tip top condition, if you have any reservations about bringing your dogs, let me reasure you, they are more than well looked after!
Any one know of any impending meet ups in or around perth?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi tints!

Glad things are working out for you, sounds like you're settling in fine!

Re meet ups - i've read they meet up at kings park sometimes, read the meet-ups section, but i know there are expat meetings tues, wed, thurs lunchtimes at mindarie, hillarys and joondalup - i've been reading up on them myself! these are probably of no use to you but maybe your wife would like to meet new people.

anyway, thanks for all the info, glad you've managed to secure work, it seems things have slowed down as much over there as they have here. good luck with everything, and keep us updated

take care

vicky x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuer
175 CSL/MODL - Electronics Engineer, Sep 2008 ,HR Country. Fingers Crossed, has EE been left out??
Originally Posted by oengin17
Hi,
No EE is left out.
I am a october applicant. so, we had better be more patient.
"Every cloud has a silver lining."
Regards.
Hi guys

Think you might have fallen across the wrong thread here, this is SEPT 2007 not 2008!

You're welcome of course, but not that many come on here regularly now and we probably can't help much.

Sam

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 29th 2009 at 7:52 am. Reason: I've moved them to 2008
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:14 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi Guys

Well we are all settling in well here in Perth, wishing we'd had more equity left in our UK house as doing a self build incurs a lot of extra expense once the builders have finished: fence, soak wells, landscaping / retic, interior painting, all of which are hitting what little we had hard

Got us a 2nd hand small car last week as a run around and the kids are really enjoying school (and we are enjoying them being there)

Want to say a big thank you to Sam & Lee (samlee) for the invite to Maddy's 3rd Birthday party last Saturday, it was great to meet up with you guys and the kids really enjoyed themselves.

This place is starting to really feel more like home now than a holiday, and we are all happy with the move so far.

Catch you all soon

Allan
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi Allan, glad you're starting to feel at home, sounds like things are coming together for you all.

Stop worrying, Rome wasn't built in a day! But know what you mean about equity though, I never really thought about those 'finishing touches'.

Well we've decided, we're going to rent our house out and are coming out end June/July time, just checking flights etc. So going to be busy and stressed for a few months now!

Vicky x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:02 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi Vicky

Good to hear that you guys will be over later in the year.

Best of luck with all your plans hope they aren't too stressful.

Allan
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

G'DAY FROM OZ!!!!!
Been here for 6 weeks now, still waiting for our container though LOL. Managed to secure a rental property in Oz just before we left the UK, so we were very lucky as we could move in within a few days of landing
Girls love their new school and have had great reports from their teachers already.
Andrew is having a few problems securing a job but has something lined up hopefully!!
We have the most amazing next door neighbours......they've lent us furniture and a tv etc to keep us going til our stuff arrives. We're going over there tomorrow as they have a huge burrimundi fish to slap on the b-b-q!!!
I've had one redback on the outside door, which Andrew squished before I woke the neighbourhood up screaming haha!!
Centrelink pay pretty well for a family with 4 kids......so we're not starving at the mo
Have managed to sort my daughter's medication out no problem, costs $5.10 per item on the prescription!!!
Weather is amazing......from lovely sunny days to torrential downpours......but all good.
Wish we made the move last year instead of validating, but we needed to see Oz before we made such a huge decision to uproot everything we had in the UK.
Glad to see most of you on here have made it to Oz!!!
If anyone needs to validate I have to return the favour that someone did for me by inviting them to stay with us
Beth x x
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Beth!

So glad to hear from you - sounds like things are finally working out nicely for you! Fingers crossed for Andrew, that will be such a relief for you all.

Wow, what lovely neighbours, hope you enjoy the bbq!

Keep up the good work, and enjoy - you deserve it!

Vicky x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Hi Beth!

So glad to hear from you - sounds like things are finally working out nicely for you! Fingers crossed for Andrew, that will be such a relief for you all.

Wow, what lovely neighbours, hope you enjoy the bbq!

Keep up the good work, and enjoy - you deserve it!

Vicky x
Hi hun,
Hope things work out for you too
Neighbours are brilliant.......have even taken some fencing down in the garden so the kids can wonder back and forth both houses LOL
Still trying to settle down, but things are going great so far!!!
Andrew is happy as he found Strongbow cider out here LOL
Beth x x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi hun,
Hope things work out for you too
Neighbours are brilliant.......have even taken some fencing down in the garden so the kids can wonder back and forth both houses LOL
Still trying to settle down, but things are going great so far!!!
Andrew is happy as he found Strongbow cider out here LOL
Beth x x
Great, I'm a cider drinker too, but didn't manage to find Strongbow in Perth! Will have to look further when we get over there!
x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:56 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Great, I'm a cider drinker too, but didn't manage to find Strongbow in Perth! Will have to look further when we get over there!
x
We found it in a BWS store.......sold in green bottles pack of 6. Choice of dry, normal or sweet
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

ROOMI786 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
We found it in a BWS store.......sold in green bottles pack of 6. Choice of dry, normal or sweet
Hey BethandAndrew !!!!

Hows the job environment there.esp.in IT..Actually i have to validate before Oct. i am planning to visit Oz for few days to validate my visa. i will not quit my present job here in india..what you say...!!!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 11:05 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by ROOMI786
Hey BethandAndrew !!!!

Hows the job environment there.esp.in IT..Actually i have to validate before Oct. i am planning to visit Oz for few days to validate my visa. i will not quit my present job here in india..what you say...!!!
Hi,
The job situation is slowing down a lot here in Oz at the mo. A friend of ours in IT is finding it very difficult to even get a reply from companies, never mind getting an interview!!!
The offer of us helping a family was aimed at people we have 'known' online for the past two years sorry.......that's why I posted it on the Sept 07 thread
Hope things work out for you,
Beth x x
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Hi everyone, sorry not been on for ages now, but we've finally
booked our flights and we leave on 24th June.

We are busy cleaning things and selling other things, not the house though that still hasn't sold so we will be renting it out and hopefully sell it in a year or so.

We haven't booked our removals yet but think we are going with Robinsons, have any of you guys used them? What were they like?

anyway better get back to the cleaning.

Ian...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ian - nice to hear from you!

We too will be renting, I'm checking flights for 27th June! Been checking jobs for OH for weeks now and it looks dire! Contemplating whether to leave it for a while or try elsewhere, but it doesn't appear to be better anywhere else at the mo!

Anyway, I'll just have to work full-time

Good luck with the selling, cleaning etc. and hope you have a good flight, let us know how you get on - do I recall you too are heading to Perth?

Vicky x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.