September 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:09 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

OMG!!!

Meds in Birmingham are £100 adults £50 kids
£40 Chest Xray £25 for HIV blood test!

You might want to shop around your local area, but as you're only in Bucks.... I'd consider a ride up the M40 esp. if there are 3 or 4 of you!

Ali x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:31 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blakey1
now you lost me where is that in location too north east ie grimsby we been told 235 per adult 88.00 per child
Luton area - sorry!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:35 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Good Lord guys....
You should really shop around for meds....

(see previous post re costs in Birmingham!)

I'd die if I had to pay that sort of money!

Ali x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:43 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Is that Handsworth or Selly Park?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:53 am
Ping pong PoM

Handsworth is that price the medical price at Selly Park is

£120 adult and £60 child
The Chest X rays are the same price. at either place (Done at the Priory Clinic which is about a mile away from Selly Park)
Handsworth do the bloods and CXR inhouse so it's a bit quicker!

Just reading your signature... it might be less for your little one ( I think £30 was quoted somewhere for infant, but can't be sure!) I don't have babies so didn't check!

Last edited by alipally; Sep 24th 2007 at 11:55 am. Reason: add infant costings!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:59 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

Hopefully they'll see my little man - I tried 3 places before jumping at Hitchin because they each said they couldn't do under 3's because of some new law which means they would have to take out special insurance (!). We also didn't want to have to travel as far as Birmingham but for that saving it's totally worth it. Thank you so much for this, I'll give them a call now.

EDIT:

Just called them and booked in for the morning of 11th Oct (could have done sooner but hubby is too busy at work to take the time off at the moment). The lady I spoke to at Hitchin forgot to mention courier costs and VAT!!! In all our meds at Birmingham will be £535.00 (damn me for having that stupid little tattoo at 17!). Thank you so much for the tip-off, it's greatly appreciated!

Last edited by FluffieFaerie; Sep 24th 2007 at 12:35 pm. Reason: update of situation
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:34 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Our medicals costs us a total of £1,199 for a family of 6!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
I think everyone in the application has to have medicals - even our 12 month old! I booked ours this morning at Hitchin at a cost of £211.50 per adult and £70.50 for the little one.
Most of you seem to have booked medicals and sent off for police checks already.My agent has just advised to wait until we are asked for them????
What is the advantage of getting them done before being requested?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:36 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisbanebound
Most of you seem to have booked medicals and sent off for police checks already.My agent has just advised to wait until we are asked for them????
What is the advantage of getting them done before being requested?
personally I cant see the advantage as they are only valid for 12 months and you have to validate visa before that time is up
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:42 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

The only reason we've gone ahead and booked our meds is because of the backlog in clearing them at the moment - we want to get ourselves in that processing queue so there's minimal hold-up when everything else is approved.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
The only reason we've gone ahead and booked our meds is because of the backlog in clearing them at the moment - we want to get ourselves in that processing queue so there's minimal hold-up when everything else is approved.
Thank you!
I am due a baby in November, so have to wait until after that to do the medical anyway.Just hope that doesn't delay things.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:00 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

Originally Posted by brisbanebound
Thank you!
I am due a baby in November, so have to wait until after that to do the medical anyway.Just hope that doesn't delay things.
Oooh good luck with that! How exciting for you! You're very brave though, making this move with such a little one. I admire that. Our little man is 1 now and I'm dreading the move and flights etc with an overactive toddler!! Keep us posted - you never know, you could be early (like I was! 5 weeks!).
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

I'm with an agent and lodged friday gone 136 MODL. !!!!!!!!!!!! i was ecstatic !!!!!!! all i know is here we go !! Our agents has told us to book our meds and Pc's next month. I have a belly button piercing and hubby a tattoo. Why does it cost more. Going to Handsworth Med centre.

Contacted a Aus Agency for nursing and they have asked for my Cv asap.

Anyway, might sound bit think but how do i find the timeline ??

The Bethels (Diane/Mic)

By the way we are having a birmingham meet up 14th october. Details on the Brummie Meet Thread. if anyone local and interested.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:02 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Posh, congratulations.

re. cost - tattoos and piercings - due additional tests for Hepatitis B/C
re. timeline - browse this thread back a few pages, there was a link
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:02 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

There it is - http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/Sept07.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.