September 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

We have been here ( Perth) nearly a year now, still not regretting it missing friends and family although parents have been out twice both for a month. I`m working for myself , bricklayer, went a bit quiet early this year but seems to be picking up now. Wife is working full time as a fitness lecturer at Central Tafe.
Our first rental was nice in Beeliar had a lot of land ,2 acres had sheep on it to keep the grass cut!, but then after a couple of months the landlords moved into the shed in our garden and on the first weekend they were back slaughtered the sheep at the end of the garden while we was having a birthday party for our 3 year old! Our relationship with them went a bit sour after that, especially when he used walk up our garden through the alfresco at 8am on sunday morning whole i was sitting there! Now we are out of there terminating our contract early . Apart from that we are loving it here and have no plans to go back kids absolutely love it here as well.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:48 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's been two years, and nearly year and a half since our visas were granted. I have not made the move yet, mainly due to the job situation - what I have now is too good of a package to lose and there are no ironclad prospects to transfer over w/o losing in perks and/or compensation/. I am writing this from Bangkok actually, having a nice stopover, on my way to Sydney for a bit more travel up and down the coast - keep doing some scouting so the move plans are not abandoned, but rather moved to perhaps 2011 - this way I will be able to get the RRV no questions asked.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi Tina!

Nice to hear from you! So glad things are working out for you over there, sounds like you're getting yourselves settled in nicely.

Well we're still here at the moment. Had house on the market and it didn't sell despite dropping the asking price a few times, so it's been taken off the market now. We're letting my daughter do her GCSE's next year and then thinking of renting out the house and giving it a go then. If we settle over there we will probably try and sell the house then! Who knows with us though, we've changed our plans so many times!

Vicky x
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear some are enjoying their life here and some of us are still trying to get here and some are seeing the world

This use to be such a busy thread all those cyber cakes

Good luck those still trying dont give up xxx
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry to hear that house selling has not gone to plan for everyone

I used to spend most of my time on this thread although I was offficially an October applicant, we applied nearly 2 years ago, I can't believe it!!

We have now been here in Tasmania for 15 months now, we both have good jobs, have a nice house, kids are very happy in school and have been lucky to get out and about to explore more of Oz. Long term I'm not sure we'll stay here, maybe try another area of Oz (if I can convince OH and the kids!) or maybe back to UK but at the moment life is pretty good for us.

Take care

Sam
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Sorry to hear that house selling has not gone to plan for everyone

I used to spend most of my time on this thread although I was offficially an October applicant, we applied nearly 2 years ago, I can't believe it!!

We have now been here in Tasmania for 15 months now, we both have good jobs, have a nice house, kids are very happy in school and have been lucky to get out and about to explore more of Oz. Long term I'm not sure we'll stay here, maybe try another area of Oz (if I can convince OH and the kids!) or maybe back to UK but at the moment life is pretty good for us.

Take care

Sam
OI get on your own thread
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
OI get on your own thread
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Hi every one
Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing,and catch up
read a couple of pages, I admit I did skip a few!
Been so busy settling in, everything is good NO REGRETS! apart from wish we had a pool with our rental!
Just moving pension over so looks like we are here for keeps !
I am working in a special school in Woody Point been there 9 mths now, OH not bricklaying but working as a Traffic controller just for a steady income at the moment and he is starting to sort out working for himself in the next few months just collecting stuff of ebay at the moment !
Have met loads of people so got a big network of friends thats why we have been so busy too ! beach, bbq's, markets, shopping ..... oh chocolate mud cake
Off to watch NCIS then Lie to Me !
Hope every one is well and in good health
lainey x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi every one
Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing,and catch up
read a couple of pages, I admit I did skip a few!
Been so busy settling in, everything is good NO REGRETS! apart from wish we had a pool with our rental!
Just moving pension over so looks like we are here for keeps !
I am working in a special school in Woody Point been there 9 mths now, OH not bricklaying but working as a Traffic controller just for a steady income at the moment and he is starting to sort out working for himself in the next few months just collecting stuff of ebay at the moment !
Have met loads of people so got a big network of friends thats why we have been so busy too ! beach, bbq's, markets, shopping ..... oh chocolate mud cake
Off to watch NCIS then Lie to Me !
Hope every one is well and in good health
lainey x
Yay sounds good Lainey
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Right, just managed to find this thread!

So come on everyone and update us all, would be lovely to her from you all again.

I'm still in the UK, fingers crossed will be finally moving out Jan/Feb, house is rented out and we are currently renting elsewhere

Vicky