September 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Great news Beth did you get the house rented ok??
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

bugdog has a spectacular aura aboutbugdog has a spectacular aura aboutbugdog has a spectacular aura about

wow!!! So good to see most of the sept 07 lot getting on with their new lives,specially Beth after so much,glad shes finally made it!!.
Well we came over end of Nov 08,after spending xmas & new year with friends in sydney,husband got a job on the Northern beaches nr Manly (dee why).,which he started in the new year, didnt come out with much savings so quickly the money starts to disapear after a short time..
Found a rental quite quickly,it will do for now,& 16yr old daughter has settled into school well she loves it,,18yr old son very different struggling to find work as he doesnt really know what he wants to do:curse:,but still early days i supose,he misses friends & familar things he was used to.,
Me well i got abit of work nothing much,it keeps me busy & takes my mind of my family that i miss so much,its hard but what a place!!,,i,m sure everything will fall into place.Some days i do feel i miss home,but hopefully in time it wont be as bad.
Glad to hear your doing ok Tina.. and good luck to everyone else!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bugdog
wow!!! So good to see most of the sept 07 lot getting on with their new lives,specially Beth after so much,glad shes finally made it!!.
Well we came over end of Nov 08,after spending xmas & new year with friends in sydney,husband got a job on the Northern beaches nr Manly (dee why).,which he started in the new year, didnt come out with much savings so quickly the money starts to disapear after a short time..
Found a rental quite quickly,it will do for now,& 16yr old daughter has settled into school well she loves it,,18yr old son very different struggling to find work as he doesnt really know what he wants to do:curse:,but still early days i supose,he misses friends & familar things he was used to.,
Me well i got abit of work nothing much,it keeps me busy & takes my mind of my family that i miss so much,its hard but what a place!!,,i,m sure everything will fall into place.Some days i do feel i miss home,but hopefully in time it wont be as bad.
Glad to hear your doing ok Tina.. and good luck to everyone else!!
Lovely to hear from you. I'm sure you're right and everything will fall into place, just give it time. Hope your son manages to find work soon, then I'm sure it will be easier for him then.
Good on you, and good luck to you all in your new adventure!

Vicky x
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:45 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

We got our visa grant this week Former Resident 47SV 151.
Have until October 2nd to validate
Just 1 house in a stale market to sell
J x
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Hi All
Not spoken for a while, how is everyone doing, not been keeping up with things, hope everyone is well and all settling or settled.

sharon
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:38 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Yippee we are finally here!!!!

Flights with Air Asia were surprisingly OK, but then I was expecting them to be bad. Leg room and seating very similar to Singapore Airlines. Only problem which again we were expecting was in flight entertainment which was very basic or non-existent. But as we paid £1175 instead of £2200 with Qantas /Singapore then it was definitely worth it.

Managed to time a delivery from Ikea in Perth for the day of arrival, which included new beds for the kids and a double mattress, so we have something to sleep on , and manged to get a fridge after 3 days here so things starting to fall into place before our container arrives end of April.

So basically been busy sorting the essentials, but with the kids in school from Monday hopefully every thing will become slightly less manic.

Communicating daily with friends and family in the UK via "Skype to go" which at £2.50 a month means we can talk for free from Oz mobiles to UK landlines , it's certainly helping Kate through the separation from her family.

Many thanks to all on this site who have been there through the good and the bad and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Allan
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by allankate

Flights with Air Asia were surprisingly OK, but then I was expecting them to be bad. Leg room and seating very similar to Singapore Airlines. Only problem which again we were expecting was in flight entertainment which was very basic or non-existent. But as we paid £1175 instead of £2200 with Qantas /Singapore then it was definitely worth it.

Managed to time a delivery from Ikea in Perth for the day of arrival, which included new beds for the kids and a double mattress, so we have something to sleep on , and manged to get a fridge after 3 days here so things starting to fall into place before our container arrives end of April.

So basically been busy sorting the essentials, but with the kids in school from Monday hopefully every thing will become slightly less manic.

Communicating daily with friends and family in the UK via "Skype to go" which at £2.50 a month means we can talk for free from Oz mobiles to UK landlines , it's certainly helping Kate through the separation from her family.

Many thanks to all on this site who have been there through the good and the bad and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Allan
Congratulations!

Sounds like things are coming together nicely for you all, well done on actually getting all your stuff from Ikea too, they can be a bloody nightmare!

Hope you all settle in well, the kids will be fine once they start school and get lots of new mates.

Louise
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:00 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the move. Wanted to ask - was that difficult to decide on the school (given there was a choice of one) and how the kids are taking it?

NJ
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:47 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newjersey
Congratulations on the move. Wanted to ask - was that difficult to decide on the school (given there was a choice of one) and how the kids are taking it?

NJ
Well they start on Monday so too early to tell yet, but we have been around it a couple if times and it seems brill, the kids are 4 & 6 so most important thing is them feeling settled and it certainly appears to have that approach.

We didn't have a school choice ( unless we went private) and whilst there are two schools a very similar distance away they have a very strict catchment area policy so no choice at. But as I say the one we have seems really friendl.

I'm sure we'll have tears most mornings next week, but with luck they'll make friends fast and start feeling a part of this new adventure.

Cheers guys

Allan
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi Allan, Congrats and Well Done!!!

Sounds like you're getting things organised over there. Hope you all settle quickly into your new lives, and enjoy!!!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but as you are in IT, do you have a job lined up? What is the market like at the mo for IT jobs? Reading other threads, it doesn't sound too promising, we were thinking if Rob could get a job or contract there we may consider renting our house out and coming over this year. I know I'll have no probs on the jobs front, but we would need Rob to work really, then I can do less hours!

Vicky x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Well they start on Monday so too early to tell yet, but we have been around it a couple if times and it seems brill, the kids are 4 & 6 so most important thing is them feeling settled and it certainly appears to have that approach.

We didn't have a school choice ( unless we went private) and whilst there are two schools a very similar distance away they have a very strict catchment area policy so no choice at. But as I say the one we have seems really friendl.

I'm sure we'll have tears most mornings next week, but with luck they'll make friends fast and start feeling a part of this new adventure.

Cheers guys

Allan
Hi Allan

Congrats on your arrival

It all sounds good, hope you enjoy your first few weeks, I remember how hectic they were!

Take care

Sam
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:29 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Hope you don't mind me asking, but as you are in IT, do you have a job lined up? What is the market like at the mo for IT jobs? Reading other threads, it doesn't sound too promising, we were thinking if Rob could get a job or contract there we may consider renting our house out and coming over this year. I know I'll have no probs on the jobs front, but we would need Rob to work really, then I can do less hours!

Vicky x
Hi Vicky

Yep I'm in IT but fortunately when I resigned from my UK job they decided to offer me a contract whereby I earn almost the same salary for significantly less hours. I really couldn't believe my luck to be honest as we were starting to panic just slightly about having no money when we got over, especially as we've already bought a property and are starting day one with a hefty mortgage.

So I haven't really looked around that much yet at jobs. My great little contract won't last forever so as soon as I'm settled I'll have my ear to the ground looking for a replacement income.

Sorry I can't be any more help than that I'm affraid

Cheers

Allan
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well thnx for the reply Allan and I hope your contract lasts a good while longer for you! What a big relief this must have been for you all.

Good luck in your new lives and don't forget to keep us updated!

vicky x
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Cheers

Allan
Welcome to Australia its taken a long time but at last your here. Hope the kids like the school I'm sure they will xx. great news about the job thats fantastic it was all ment to be.

Good luck hun keep us updated xxx.

Good luck to all those still waiting to come over it will all be worth the wait

Must do a update as soon as this wedding is out the way and the family have gone
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Welcome to Australia its taken a long time but at last your here. Hope the kids like the school I'm sure they will xx. great news about the job thats fantastic it was all ment to be.

Good luck hun keep us updated xxx.

Good luck to all those still waiting to come over it will all be worth the wait

Must do a update as soon as this wedding is out the way and the family have gone
Hi Tina!

Just a quick note, GOOD LUCK on your big day, I'm sure it will be a bril day.

Looking forward to your update!

Vicky x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.