September 2007 Applicants

Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Hi sam!

nice to hear from you. glad you're all enjoying it and settling in well. good luck to your hubby with the exam results, i'm sure he will have passed (it's a long and drawn out assessment process isn't it, but it will be worth it in the end!)

good luck to you all in your future and keep us updated occasionally!

vicky
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:12 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Ought really to put a bit in....

Anyone want a slice of lemon cake???
Arrived in Adelaide in Sept O8... Managed to get a job before I left. OH is still looking for work, my job is good, doing the same as I did in the UK.... but only 4 days a week. Renting at the moment.... and OH is applying for jobs all over the place, even looking interstate as it's been quite tough here.

Must go now, but I promise a better update soon with... I think I'm going to bake chocolate amaretto cake tomorrow!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally

Arrived in Adelaide in Sept O8... Managed to get a job before I left. OH is still looking for work, my job is good, doing the same as I did in the UK.... but only 4 days a week. Renting at the moment.... and OH is applying for jobs all over the place, even looking interstate as it's been quite tough here.

Must go now, but I promise a better update soon with... I think I'm going to bake chocolate amaretto cake tomorrow!

Oooh - cake!
I remember our afternoons of cake, coffee and comfort in those long days of waiting for visas!

Sorry to hear that your OH has not yet sorted a job, it's definitely not as easy as it promised, is it?

Choc amaretto cake sounds good but I'll have to just think about it as I'm supposed to be on a diet after scoffing too much on holiday!

Sam
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice
Smile Re: September 2007 Applicants

Hi Beth,

It's been a rocky road but Glad to hear you are getting there eventually, i've only seen Brisbane on the telly but it looks superb, 25th Feb god thats only a couple of weeks away you must be excited now.
We are in the same boat , house hasn't sold so renting it out and going in May - June.

Best of lick.
Ian.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi all
Haven't been on here for ages sorry!!!!
Tina stalked me and has told me to update you all LOL
Cut a long story short.......
Couldn't sell our house Andrew lost his job in November and no work since Decided we can't afford to stay in the UK under these circumstances, so we fly to Brisbane on the 25th Feb!!!!!!
Going to a town near Caloundra, Sunshine Coast.
Am totally skint and have maxed our credit cards yet again......but hopefully it will all work out ok for us.
Going to rent house out and sell it in about 2 years time when the market picks back up.
Changed mortgage to interest only to bring our payments down.
Got flights with Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong) to Brisbane, 4 adults and 2 children (one way) for £2,700 via lastminute.com.
Got Pickfords & Robinsons Removals battling it out at the mo for us to ship a jam packed full 20 foot container......£3,965 (that's including insurance) so far
Busy, busy, busy at the mo.......never thought we would ever get to Oz....LOL
On the downside, our 175 visas only have 3 years and 9 months left on them, so we will have to apply for RRV visas when the 175 expires so we can clock up the 4 years required to apply for Australian citizenship. Will cross that bridge when it comes!!!
Life is too short for us, so we're going full steam ahead. Been through enough over the last couple of years to stop and change my mind now.
Anyway, hope things work out for the rest of you Sept 07 lot........never thought this thread would still be going in 2009!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:57 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian444
Hi Beth,

It's been a rocky road but Glad to hear you are getting there eventually, i've only seen Brisbane on the telly but it looks superb, 25th Feb god thats only a couple of weeks away you must be excited now.
We are in the same boat , house hasn't sold so renting it out and going in May - June.

Best of lick.
Ian.
Hiya Ian
Yeah......we've had a rough time but just going for it now
Glad to hear things are moving for you too!!!!
We will have a good laugh about all this one day!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alipally

oh ali!! was thinking about you and your cakes the other day when everyone was posting! you used to cheer us up no end with those virtual cakes! mmm i think a piece of lemon cake would go down a treat!

anyway, glad to hear your job is going ok, and hope your hubby gets something sorted soon

vicky
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

HMMMM Cake how I loved those days lol I wouldn't leave the house back then cos when I'd got back pages of stuff had been written hahaha.

There's always cake in Oz everwhere you go there's cake its like heaven sadly not for my waist line lol.

Good luck sept 07 lot xxx

ps what other thread have I missed something?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:16 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Yeah I've exchanged!!!!

There were some hairy moments these last few days, but it's a done deal. Removals company are in on Tuesday, Wednesday and we complete Thursday. Kids finish school today.

Shame I didn't dare resign from work until we had exchanged, means I still have to work for another 4 weeks.

Looking at flights week beginning 16th March, really can't wait, keep pinching myself.

Hi Beth, glad you're finally are making the move, I think renting the house is definitely the best way forward. To be honest I think it's becoming the norm, just about everyone I hear of is renting out in the UK. Even those brave enough on Wanted Down Under revisited seem to be renting out UK property.

Good luck to every one in the process of going over in the next few months.

And even more luck to any who are still trying to shift property.

Cheers

Allan
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi allan!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck on your move and keep us updated when you get settled over there!

If we end up near Secret Harbour i'll drop you a line and maybe we could meet up for a drink!

Good luck
vicky
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by allankate
Yeah I've exchanged!!!!

There were some hairy moments these last few days, but it's a done deal. Removals company are in on Tuesday, Wednesday and we complete Thursday. Kids finish school today.

Shame I didn't dare resign from work until we had exchanged, means I still have to work for another 4 weeks.

Looking at flights week beginning 16th March, really can't wait, keep pinching myself.

Hi Beth, glad you're finally are making the move, I think renting the house is definitely the best way forward. To be honest I think it's becoming the norm, just about everyone I hear of is renting out in the UK. Even those brave enough on Wanted Down Under revisited seem to be renting out UK property.

Good luck to every one in the process of going over in the next few months.

And even more luck to any who are still trying to shift property.

Cheers

Allan
Great news Allen really pleased for you enjoy your new life in perth (it was Perth wasn't it?)
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hiya Ian
Yeah......we've had a rough time but just going for it now
Glad to hear things are moving for you too!!!!
We will have a good laugh about all this one day!!!!
Beth x x
D'ya know, it still amazes me that you're still in the UK (ok not for long I know )

I remember when I first found this forum and you were one of the first Sept lot to get the visa. I remember thinking ooooooooh I'd give anything to be in Beths shoes, she's got the visa & she'll be there waaay before us, we've applied and now everythings at a standstill.

How the bloody hell did it work out that we got here before you hon??? Still doesn't seem right. Really do hope to catch up with you when you get here though
Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:34 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Great news Allen really pleased for you enjoy your new life in perth (it was Perth wasn't it?)
thanks for that, yeah we're heading for Perth.

Just booked 4 flights on the new low cost airline (AirAsia) which flies out of Stanstead £1175 including Taxes, food, 25KG of bags each. I can't believe I got it so cheap every other time I've looked AirAsia was £1700 and all the others varied between £1700 & £2300, what a saving.

Well that's another £500 toward the pool

Have a good weekend guys.

Allan
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:23 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
D'ya know, it still amazes me that you're still in the UK (ok not for long I know )

I remember when I first found this forum and you were one of the first Sept lot to get the visa. I remember thinking ooooooooh I'd give anything to be in Beths shoes, she's got the visa & she'll be there waaay before us, we've applied and now everythings at a standstill.

How the bloody hell did it work out that we got here before you hon??? Still doesn't seem right. Really do hope to catch up with you when you get here though
Yeah.....nothing went smoothly for us LOL, never mind, we're off soon hopefully sell the house in a few years time!!! Be great to catch up with you hun x x
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:49 am
Whey hey got my Visa

Well house completion went through smoothly yesterday and we are now officially homeless until our flights on the 21st March.

Keep pinching ourselves as can't believe it's actually happening after all this time

Leaving parties and final meet ups all organised over the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get on that plane.

Allan
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by allankate
Well house completion went through smoothly yesterday and we are now officially homeless until our flights on the 21st March.

Keep pinching ourselves as can't believe it's actually happening after all this time

Leaving parties and final meet ups all organised over the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get on that plane.

Allan
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!XXX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.