September 08 Applicants

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: September 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by LeeLee
Hi tezluelle,

It all depends on when ur looking to emigrate really as the police certs are only valid for 12 months and if you don't enter within that time you will have to do them again...This is why the case officer asks for them. If you are looking to move asap and the visa is quite straight forward then upload them as soon as like i will be doing.Hope this helps

---

I'm getting worried now - ive just done my medicals today and requested police checks - i havent even completed the forms let alone lodged them!! Thought i was being all prepared and organised to speed the process up a bit - appears not. Im applying for a 119 visa RSMS so does that change things?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
---

I'm getting worried now - ive just done my medicals today and requested police checks - i havent even completed the forms let alone lodged them!! Thought i was being all prepared and organised to speed the process up a bit - appears not. Im applying for a 119 visa RSMS so does that change things?
Hi there, i'm not too sure about ur visa as i only know the 175visa that i'm applying for. But i'm pretty sure it will be the same. The meds and police checks are only valid for 12 months so that's the reason the case officers waits until he/she has gone through your case so that there is no problems that may hold up ur visa.When are you looking to emigrate?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

119's are slightly different as processing times are usually much shorter (standard for low risk countries is 2 to 5 months). However it depends on whether your job nomination has been lodged and processed? I'm also on a 119 and am using police checks from March and have front loaded my medicals as well.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:44 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, guess what the tooth fairy brought me in the night.......

I got my very own CO! Hehe! E-mail from her this morning asking for my meds (which I've already sent but probably not cleared yet).

Next stop visa heaven! (Hopefully).
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Hey guys, guess what the tooth fairy brought me in the night.......

I got my very own CO! Hehe! E-mail from her this morning asking for my meds (which I've already sent but probably not cleared yet).

Next stop visa heaven! (Hopefully).
Wow you only lodged on 22/9/2008! One month til allocation of CO!!! Hope I will get a CO soon as well...they haven't even mail me an acknowledge letter!!!!

Just realised you lodged at Paramatta office and not Brisbane that might explain the reason for the fast cCO allocation.

Last edited by looky; Oct 3rd 2008 at 6:50 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:44 am
Just Joined

BUGZY is an unknown quantity at this point

First a quick Introductory…………….Hi to all – I’m a Newbie from South Africa and although not British have totally enjoyed reading bits and bobs on your forum - Thanks.
I believe that immigration is truly not for sissys and without these forums my husband would have popped me into a loony bin by now – so thanks in advance for all your news and views and looking forward to being a part of this wonderful forum!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:51 am
Just Joined

BUGZY is an unknown quantity at this point

PLEASE……. HELP ………….. ME!
We decided to immigrate to Australia in 2004 and hired an agent to assist us with the process. We completed our TRA assessment (passed) but in early 2005 my Husbands father was diagnosed with cancer and we had to retract from our application.
Now – 2008 we have decided to go the independent route (agent was a little trying!!) and our first step was to find out the validity of our TRA assessment – received e-mail saying they do not expire and have since lodged after an IELTS exam.
NOW this is my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lodged 29.09 and yesterday I read on the forum that TRA’s are no longer excepted for South Africans, Brits etc. (what gives!!!) does this mean that my application will be declined or will I be safe due to the fact that my TRA was done in 2004 ------ PLEASE HELP ME!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:54 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by looky
Wow you only lodged on 22/9/2008! One month til allocation of CO!!! Hope I will get a CO soon as well...they haven't even mail me an acknowledge letter!!!!

I'm a bit astounded myself. Technically 3 days for allocation of a CO as my application had to be registered at Sydney Business Centre before being sent to Parramatta for processing. It got to Parramatta on 30th September.

119's are the quickest type of PR visa though, and my job nomination has already been processed and approved by them so technically there is nothing for them to check apart from my meds and police checks. Gonna chase up my meds today to make sure they have been recived at LCU and here's hoping for fastest grant in history!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:57 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by BUGZY
PLEASE……. HELP ………….. ME!
We decided to immigrate to Australia in 2004 and hired an agent to assist us with the process. We completed our TRA assessment (passed) but in early 2005 my Husbands father was diagnosed with cancer and we had to retract from our application.
Now – 2008 we have decided to go the independent route (agent was a little trying!!) and our first step was to find out the validity of our TRA assessment – received e-mail saying they do not expire and have since lodged after an IELTS exam.
NOW this is my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lodged 29.09 and yesterday I read on the forum that TRA’s are no longer excepted for South Africans, Brits etc. (what gives!!!) does this mean that my application will be declined or will I be safe due to the fact that my TRA was done in 2004 ------ PLEASE HELP ME!
Bugzy, you might want to try doing a search in main forum on TRA - theres loads of previous threads on it and there will be plenty of people who have been through it. I havent so cant help sorry - good luck!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:18 am

Swheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a bit astounded myself. Technically 3 days for allocation of a CO as my application had to be registered at Sydney Business Centre before being sent to Parramatta for processing. It got to Parramatta on 30th September.

119's are the quickest type of PR visa though, and my job nomination has already been processed and approved by them so technically there is nothing for them to check apart from my meds and police checks. Gonna chase up my meds today to make sure they have been recived at LCU and here's hoping for fastest grant in history!
Hi ponyrama

did you sent your application to the same person/co who actually approved your nomination? I cant believe its so quick. How do you chase the meds do you send an email or ring sydney sorry to sound stupid.

good news about the co.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:26 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by Swheeler
Hi ponyrama

did you sent your application to the same person/co who actually approved your nomination? I cant believe its so quick. How do you chase the meds do you send an email or ring sydney sorry to sound stupid.

good news about the co.
Hi Swheeler.

Didnt know who approved nomination - I just included the nomination reference number with my application. I have also front loaded everything including meds. Will phone Panel doctor today and get confirmation of when meds where sent to Sydney and by what means, then will have an idea as to where in the queue they will be. Will give info to CO and she will hopefully contact them to find out if they've been processed yet or not. I'm paperbased so cant check anything on line. Will have to do it the old fashioned way.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

What is the equivalent of Paramatta for immigration's Brisbane business centre?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:11 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by looky
What is the equivalent of Paramatta for immigration's Brisbane business centre?

I think there is only one in Brisbane??? And Business Centres only do certain types of visa - they dont go GSM visa's -mainly employer sponsored stuff. If you search on immi site under business centres it gives you a full list and what visa's they process.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about

well.... one month down and hopfully 5-6 to go

Too bad i can't hibernate until i can make the move to aussie at the end of next year ;-)

and congrats to all the others that got their applications submitted in September....

Chat soon ;-)
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Well I think I can safely join this thread now (I joined August 08 in anticipation but it didnt happen) as just to waiting to hear that Nomination has been acknowledged by DIAC and then application will be winging its way to Oz. Hopeful of an 8 week turnaround and my flight is booked!
EIGHT weeks! crikey. Is that the standard turnaround for a subclass 119? Im lodging one of those (when sponsor actually submits their nomination form - apparently they are going together - mine and theres) and would be tremendously excited if i got my visa in 8 weeks!!!

Is it common to lodge nomination and visa application at the same time or do you have to wait until nomination has been accepted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.