September 08 Applicants

Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up September 08 Applicants

Hi All,

I thought i would start a thread for the September 08 Applicants.

I submitted mine for the Skilled Independent (subclass 17) Visa just before midnight last night. I have not yet attached all the paper work, but will be doing so over the next few days.

Is it a 6 month wait for a CO to be assigned if your occupation is on the SOL and MODL? Will be good to hear from how the rest of you get on ;-)

Happy waiting and speak soon,

Lance
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

jimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant future
Default Re: September 08 Applicants

...thought I would join you (and bump) this lonely thread.

Our (my girlfriend's and mine) 175 application went in this morning UK time. Feels like we've begun the final furlong of a pretty drawn out process. We've spent the last year lodging applications and doing distance learning so that I can get my skills assessed so now (several thousand £ down), we're finally in the system!

We're going to go backpacking from February on the way to Oz - woudl love the visa to be in then but expect we will be panicing by the time we are in Thailand.

James (and Anna)
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi there to you both,

Good luck and happy waiting. I'm a Jan 08 app and have just got CO 7 months after submitting app.

They'll be plenty more joining you over the next few weeks.

All the best

Anne
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

jimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant futurejimbo3030 has a brilliant future

Thanks

7 months? That will be *just about* ok. We are booked to arrive in Oz in mid June so we have about 9 months before we have to look at arriving on a tourist visa!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: September 08 Applicants

Hi James and Anna,

Glad to hear from someone else in the same boat for their application in September. It should be interesting to hear and follow how everyone else gets on and when they get assigned CO, asked for medicals etc. Are you planning on doing all those bits before you go backpacking, saving you time finding the correct place when you're travelling around?

I should be getting a scanner tomorrow, which means i'll spend a good few hours scanning in all the various documents. Once that's done, i guess it really is time to sit back and enjoy. I'm only planning on going at the end of next year / beginning of 2010. Need to go contracting to save money first... to give me the best possible start. I can feel life turning into a real adventure....

Anyways, speak soon...

Lance
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lance

Yeah, planning on getting everything sorted now because we won't have any paperwork with us when we're away. We've uploaded most of our docs (just a couple of stat decs outstanding to prove that Anna isn't just along for the green card).

The only thing we won't have done is the dreaded form 80. It looks like a pain in the arse so we'll keep our fingers crossed on that one.

Got meds booked for early November, will do police checks at the same time, then sit back and wait. Already a *little* bit impatient.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:04 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think I can safely join this thread now (I joined August 08 in anticipation but it didnt happen) as just to waiting to hear that Nomination has been acknowledged by DIAC and then application will be winging its way to Oz. Hopeful of an 8 week turnaround and my flight is booked!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Jacky Lawley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all new Sept 08 Applicants, just browsing through and thought I would add to the list too!
We added ours through our agent on Friday 5th in the morning, said there would be a 6/7 month wait for the C/O and to book in our meds and PC's in a few months time which we will do.
Question for you all, how do you check up on the Oz website where you are in the que?? and what number do you use??? (been trying this all morning derrrh!)
thanks!
Jacky
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

mmarkmet is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone
we too had our application lodged on friday morning 5th sept through our agent. we were told that there is currently a backlog and could take 12-15 months. anyone else been told this. in one respect it is a good thing as it will give us more time to sell our house, not a sniff of a viewer yet, and on the other hand i want to be there now. so it feels like it is going to be a long waiting game, so will be good to share each others rants and raves along the way. we are Adelaide bound and are doing lots of research on areas to live and trying to get views off others about schools etc. this site is great for getting tips and advice off others, and i am sure being on here will keep us sane for the next however months.

Chris T
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jacky Lawley
Hiya all new Sept 08 Applicants, just browsing through and thought I would add to the list too!
We added ours through our agent on Friday 5th in the morning, said there would be a 6/7 month wait for the C/O and to book in our meds and PC's in a few months time which we will do.
Question for you all, how do you check up on the Oz website where you are in the que?? and what number do you use??? (been trying this all morning derrrh!)
thanks!
Jacky
Hi there Jacky,
This is where you need to be to check your status.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

You'll need you TRN & passport number to hand. But this doesn't tell you were you are in the queue this is something you'll never know.
Good luck with the waiting game. It may be 7months before you get a CO it could be sooner if your lucky.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Jacky Lawley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi there Jacky,
This is where you need to be to check your status.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

You'll need you TRN & passport number to hand. But this doesn't tell you were you are in the queue this is something you'll never know.
Good luck with the waiting game. It may be 7months before you get a CO it could be sooner if your lucky.
Hiya, thanks for the link and info and did manage to have a mooch around the website earlier. Yes I know think we will be in for a long wait by the sounds of things and will hold off having the meds and PC's yet a while!
Thanks
Jacky
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Brownie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thought I would join in as are agent submitted ours on the 4th Sept. I had done my Vettassess practical on the 17th July for air conditioning/Refrigeration which I passed and now as you all know it’s the long wait.

Keep smiling
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mmarkmet
hi everyone
we were told that there is currently a backlog and could take 12-15 months. anyone else been told this?

Chris T
Wow... that sounds like a very long wait. I thought 6-7 months was a long time, but 12-15 months is just silly. Has anyone else been told this???

And welcome all others who submitted or are going to be submitting their applications this month. I'm hoping to move to Perth at the end of next year, beginning of 2010, so let me know who's going there and hopefully we can catch up for typical english drink (in an Aussie Pub) some time in the future once all this waiting is over...

Speak soon...

Lance

P.S - I sent an email over with all my documents as the online attachment service doesn't seem to be playing ball ;-)
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crimson_26
Hi All,

I thought i would start a thread for the September 08 Applicants.

I submitted mine for the Skilled Independent (subclass 17) Visa just before midnight last night. I have not yet attached all the paper work, but will be doing so over the next few days.

Is it a 6 month wait for a CO to be assigned if your occupation is on the SOL and MODL? Will be good to hear from how the rest of you get on ;-)

Happy waiting and speak soon,

Lance
Hi Lance
We were september 2007 applicants, 175 online, we got our visa through in 12 weeks, good luck hope it moves as fast for you.
sharon
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi Lance
We were september 2007 applicants, 175 online, we got our visa through in 12 weeks, good luck hope it moves as fast for you.
sharon
12 Weeks?? Wow, that's impressive. Fingers crossed hopfully mine goes as smooth as yours. Did you submit all your medicals etc before you were requested to do so??

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.