Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:52 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by welshoz
YES WE'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

We are so chuffed, cant believe it, so worth the wait!!!

Our timeline:

Application sent: 11th March 08 online - 885 - frontloaded.

Application Approved : 2nd December 08

Congrats to everyone who already has theirs, and goodluck to all those whom are still waiting!!

KatieXX
Congratulations Enjoy the visa buzz
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshoz
YES WE'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

We are so chuffed, cant believe it, so worth the wait!!!

Our timeline:

Application sent: 11th March 08 online - 885 - frontloaded.

Application Approved : 2nd December 08

Congrats to everyone who already has theirs, and goodluck to all those whom are still waiting!!

KatieXX

CONGRATULATIONS

Well done and all the very best for your future in Oz hun.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:38 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hey Ashy..... Are you nearly there yet?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:09 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jasb
Hey Ashy..... Are you nearly there yet?

nearly! - we're in Changi airport at the moment waiting for the next flight...

how's you?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:08 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

Originally Posted by AshyB
nearly! - we're in Changi airport at the moment waiting for the next flight...

how's you?
OOooooo!
Now I know how nice Perth is... I'm quite jealous
Hope u have a smooth flight to Perth
I am well, but a bit cold!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!! Go Ash!!

Sorry for my absence folks!!

Been going through prolonged trauma.

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Completion booked for the 16th Jan, shippers booked for the 12/13/14th Jan!!

Yay!! AT LAST it's our turn!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yay!! Go Ash!!

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Nice one Flyaway and we will keep everything crossed here for you from now on hun xx

Well done Ashy, enjoy the rest of your journey hun.

To all still waiting to go, keep destressing it will all be okay in the end.

Kind regards to all Lou xx AKA Shedhead lol xx
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Well done fly- at long last. Let's hope that things are better for you now and your move to Australia goes smoothly.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:42 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Gday!

been in Perth for a couple of days now...what a feeling!
after over 12 months of our life being on hold - it feels great to be out here.

Started looking for houses and a car (can't believe how far apart everything is here!!)

Everyone keeps telling us getting a job is a piece of cake...hopefully that's true,

OOooooo!
Now I know how nice Perth is... I'm quite jealous
Hope u have a smooth flight to Perth
I am well, but a bit cold!
is it cold in the UK? it's 25 outside at the moment
did that trip manage to change your mind and "help" you decide where you want to go?

hope the fam are ok...

Yay!! Go Ash!!

at bl**dy last!
I was on the verge of thinking you were lying about applying for a visa
good luck with the shippers...

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Nice one Flyaway and we will keep everything crossed here for you from now on hun xx

Well done Ashy, enjoy the rest of your journey hun.

To all still waiting to go, keep destressing it will all be okay in the end.

Kind regards to all Lou xx AKA Shedhead lol xx
Cheers Lou!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:56 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

Well done Fly.... seems you dont need to join us shedheads after all

is it cold in the UK? it's 25 outside at the moment
did that trip manage to change your mind and "help" you decide where you want to go?
Bloomin freezing here but seasonal! Very pleased to know you there and happy

And that trip......... looks like a good chance of us joining you in Perth now afterall You were right - it's lovely.

Still, we're here in UK til house sells for now........ or I win the lottery, whichever is the sooner (feels like the lottery might happen first at the moment )

You still got your shedhead on there Lou I see
Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:49 am
we're there!

And that trip......... looks like a good chance of us joining you in Perth now afterall You were right - it's lovely.

Still, we're here in UK til house sells for now........ or I win the lottery, whichever is the sooner (feels like the lottery might happen first at the moment )
it does feel a bit weird when we think about it (run up to christmas, but it's soo hot outside!!)

i say flog your house in a auction and come out here asap... what's a few £££ here or there
Old Dec 10th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done Fly.... seems you dont need to join us shedheads after all

You still got your shedhead on there Lou I see
Yep Jasb, still got the shedhead on, but getting used to it now and quite like it!!!!!

it does feel a bit weird when we think about it (run up to christmas, but it's soo hot outside!!)

i say flog your house in a auction and come out here asap... what's a few £££ here or there
PMSL

Lou xx
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Well...... truthfully........ here goes

Violet is a nutter! She gets travel sick and is constantly on the go, cant sit still and if you make her she flips out! Spoke to Dr before we left and she prescribed Phenergan to help with the travel sickness and sedation! 'That'll knock her out' were the words of the Dr!

WRONG! Our nutter daughter is immune to sedation pmsl! But apart from the fact she didn't sleep she was fantastic ! We flew Singapore Airways and they were the best I've ever flown with. We had a bassinet booked but she was too big for it so I didn't bother but at least you get the extra legroom so we were all comfy.

On the way back didn't bother with the Phenergan and she was amazingly fantastic! She slept alot and was sooo good. The grumpy pre-teen was great too - but she always is - she may not want to go but she is a good girl It was however, the most turbulent flight I've ever had with 13 hours out of 18 in turbulance but we got there and back fine!

For all those travelling with infants it's worth knowing that if the child does not have a seat to themselves then they don't have a meal (although the hostesses found extras for Violet so it didn't matter too much for us)

So Clarkeys.... I was dreading it but it really was fine. Just don't think about it - I reckon that's the worst part lol!
thanks for the info! (sorry bit late getting back on BE!) we've had some positive movement on the house. had 4 viewings this week, one an almost 2nd viewing. got two on friday and 1 on sat. that will bring us to a total of 21 viewings, thats 21 times i've had to clean my house from top to bottom we've even put off getting our christmas tree until sunday so our lounge doesn't look cluttered ( I like a huge tree )
Old Dec 11th 2008, 1:42 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
thanks for the info! (sorry bit late getting back on BE!) we've had some positive movement on the house. had 4 viewings this week, one an almost 2nd viewing. got two on friday and 1 on sat. that will bring us to a total of 21 viewings, thats 21 times i've had to clean my house from top to bottom we've even put off getting our christmas tree until sunday so our lounge doesn't look cluttered ( I like a huge tree )
That's alot of viewings - beats my 8 in 8 weeks lol - still, I got a tidy house so it's not all bad

So here's me wishing you luck hope you get a chrissy offer
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Flights booked along with all other things so we leave on 9th March.... Can't wait!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.