Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi wats123,
this is a good place to keep up to date with how everyone is getting on.
Hope it all goes well when you fly out soon, couldn't imagine having to do this on my own though.

Johnnyyt
Originally Posted by mary1967

Of course you can join Where are you going? Nige has gone on his own, maybe you guys could meet up
Thanks guys... good luck to you Mary.. hope you have a safe flight!

I'm heading over to Adelaide...less than 3 weeks now
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi Mary

Take care, have a good relaxing flight and look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks

Fiona xx
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:11 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Ash, I have a whole list of things I would like to do to him after we have exchanged.:curse:

What did she think you were doing??????
i can imagine! let me know if you need any ideas

Not 100% sure but, knowing how Mary thinks - it probably wasn't a good thing!

Last edited by AshyB; Oct 22nd 2008 at 11:16 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by funshine
Congratulations - excellent News!

WELL - we did exchange yesterday after cutting our price by anothe £5k. So bitter sweet result - did you also F/A?! Or were we celebrating alone last night?

WELL talk about last minute because we leave TONIGHT!!!

Next Post from Brissie!
Ah, now that calls for a nice bit of fish from your local Tescos to be left behind the kitchen unit plinth on your day of departure!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:01 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Ah, now that calls for a nice bit of fish from your local Tescos to be left behind the kitchen unit plinth on your day of departure!
Sadly I cleaned everything to sparkling as we thought we were going to have to rent - right up to the last minute! 16:10 on Friday!

HI from Brisbane! Its sunny and warm and just fabulous. We got our drivers licenses today and also joined the library (which is where I am now). What a great library btw

Jet-Lag is awful - but we are hopefully just about upside down now.

Heading for southbank tomorrow I think... for a bit of a swim and play in the sand... ah what a life...

hope you are all well
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly I cleaned everything to sparkling as we thought we were going to have to rent - right up to the last minute! 16:10 on Friday!

HI from Brisbane! Its sunny and warm and just fabulous. We got our drivers licenses today and also joined the library (which is where I am now). What a great library btw

Heading for southbank tomorrow I think... for a bit of a swim and play in the sand... ah what a life...

hope you are all well
Good to hear from you- it is cold, windy and showery in Sydney.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:40 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Yip - been a bit nippy today in the morning (had loads of very heavy showers and hail the size of golf balls couple of nights ago) but looking at the news in the morning - Brisbane always looks warmer than Sydney... have a good day anyway!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

hope you are all well
Glad to hear you are having a good time, 1 more week for me and it is Perh here we come

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hope weather is better in Perth
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

hope you are all well
Hey, Funshine! Thanks for that fab report (except the jet lag!)

We're coming to Brisbane. We'll be landing 25 November!! Look for us!!

Catherine
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:35 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!!!!

Tried to email from Singapore and just as i was about to hit the submit button the bloody thing cut me off:curse: Didn't have time then to send another.

Anyway, I'm here!!!! It's done nothing but rain since we got here We're still at our friends getting over jet lag - the rental is lovely and ready to move into, which we should be doing over the next few days.

The girls start school on Monday - just hoping they settle in quickly.

My minds still in a spin, so many things to do and sort out. I've been a bit emotional, but my friend has been brilliant. We've been out all morning at garage sales - managed to pick up a machine machine, it's like new and only cost $190.

Not got internet connection yet so it's difficult to log on and keep track, but i will as soon as i can.

Fiona - what a lovely surprise i had waiting for me!!! Thank you so much, made my day.

My eldest daughters just got herself a Saturday job!! beat her dad

Anyway, good luck to everyone and i'll be in touch soon.

Mary
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Hi everyone!!!!

Tried to email from Singapore and just as i was about to hit the submit button the bloody thing cut me off:curse: Didn't have time then to send another.

Anyway, I'm here!!!! It's done nothing but rain since we got here We're still at our friends getting over jet lag - the rental is lovely and ready to move into, which we should be doing over the next few days.

My minds still in a spin, so many things to do and sort out. I've been a bit emotional, but my friend has been brilliant. We've been out all morning at garage sales - managed to pick up a machine machine, it's like new and only cost $190.

Not got internet connection yet so it's difficult to log on and keep track, but i will as soon as i can.

Fiona - what a lovely surprise i had waiting for me!!! Thank you so much, made my day.

Mary
Mary

Great to hear that you are there - pity about weather but just think how good you'll feel when the sun comes out. It's cold here...

Things here are moving very quickly - only 10 days since visa grant and yesterday sold house. They want a quick move and plan is for 28 day exchange and complete 2nd week of December!!!!!!! ARGHH - going out this am to buy boxes. Will spend whole weekend on line looking for rental and school and finishing CVs. Then sort removals, cats - the list is very long! Need to find flights as well as will probably be early new year which is what we originally wanted. When I planned that though I thought I'd have about 4 months to organise everything and now it is more like 2. And we have 4 childrens birthdays and Christmas in between. Challenge! At least kids will be there for the start of the school year which is great. Let me know you pets experiences. Off to buy boxes!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Hi everyone!!!!

Mary
Hi Glad you arrived safe and sound how was the flight ? we fly with singapore end of nov

congratulations to your daughter on getting a job thets really good hope i find one that quick lol.

karenx
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Mary- glad you are settling in. Welcome to Oz!
Jane- wow, that's great that you have someone keen to get in. Will you stay with rellies over Christmas?(might save some cash!!!)
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone!!!!

Nic said you'd write from Singapore - when you didn't - I'll bet she was surprised - now we know you tried!

Mary
So glad everything is going well! I'm really pleased for you!

Catherine
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jane BK

Things here are moving very quickly - only 10 days since visa grant and yesterday sold house. They want a quick move and plan is for 28 day exchange and complete 2nd week of December!!!!!!!
WOW, Congratulations on the house sale!! That's wonderful news!

ARGHH - going out this am to buy boxes. Will spend whole weekend on line looking for rental and school and finishing CVs. Then sort removals, cats - the list is very long! Need to find flights as well as will probably be early new year which is what we originally wanted. When I planned that though I thought I'd have about 4 months to organise everything and now it is more like 2. And we have 4 childrens birthdays and Christmas in between. Challenge! At least kids will be there for the start of the school year which is great. Let me know you pets experiences. Off to buy boxes!
You'll get it all sorted and no problem. Why not have Christmas in Australia?!?!

Catherine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.