Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hi, can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for a medical to be returned to DIAC when it has been sent for a second opinion. We have just had 4 finalized but the other 2 have been referred for second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Hi, can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for a medical to be returned to DIAC when it has been sent for a second opinion. We have just had 4 finalized but the other 2 have been referred for second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Lou xx
Sorry Lou, can't help you on this one
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by loubiegreen

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Lou xx

Lou -

The place you might want to ask this question is the HOC sticky thread

Catherine
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello... just though i'd drop in on this thread..

I'm an ex member of the Nov 07 applicants and the 475's.. if you'll have me?

I'm flying out on the 9th of November on my lonesome !
Hi wats123,
this is a good place to keep up to date with how everyone is getting on.
Hope it all goes well when you fly out soon, couldn't imagine having to do this on my own though.

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:33 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

[/COLOR]
Originally Posted by AshyB
are you planning on leaving the kids her:
Don't tempt me!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Nige, lucky, lucky customs is all I can say!!!

Where's Mary - it's her last day at home before she goes to her holiday place - thought she'd be on here as it's her last

I think Tiger wins the most OTT 'Ive got it' post award for the year! Ash won the most subdued.

Think my OH would've killed me if i'd got the laptop out on Friday - talk about completely stressed out!!!!

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hi everyone...got my visa today, now I have to leave the country to get the sticker in my passport, but have waited so long I have to renew the passport first. nyone know how long that will take? I'd like to spend Christmas somewhere exotic and come back with that lovely pink sticker.
Caroline
p.s. WWWT you can't be that far behind as you got a CO shortly after me.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Not sure about the passport thing, i know Niamh had to get a new one for the baby before they could get their visa - maybe she could tell you who to speak to.

Originally Posted by funshine
Congratulations - excellent News!

WELL - we did exchange yesterday after cutting our price by anothe £5k. So bitter sweet result - did you also F/A?! Or were we celebrating alone last night?

WELL talk about last minute because we leave TONIGHT!!!

Next Post from Brissie!
Really pleased about your exchange, can't believe the swine's dropped it by 5k at the last minute:curse:

I think Caroline is joint 1st for the most subdued "i've got it"

it does seem a lot quieter here without Mary!

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello... just though i'd drop in on this thread..

I'm an ex member of the Nov 07 applicants and the 475's.. if you'll have me?

I'm flying out on the 9th of November on my lonesome !
Of course you can join Where are you going? Nige has gone on his own, maybe you guys could meet up

Well, Friday was an emotional day - made worse with no BE Completed on the house without any problems, picked the kids up and said goodbye to their friends for the last time, dropped the animals off at the animal shippers in Shropshire, got lost somewhere in the middle of England whilst trying to find the Peak District cottage, ended up staying in a premier lodge for the night before we killed each other, finally arrived at the cottage on Saturday morning in one piece.

What a relaxing, stress free time we had - the word Australia was banned for 3 whole days and it was BLISSSSSSSSSSSSS. Travelled back to a friends today to pick up all our luggage (40kgs each) and then got a mini bus to take us to the airport hotel - and here we are - fighting over the laptop because it's got free wireless internet in the room!

Never thought we'd make it this far, thanks everyone for all your help and support over the last year.

Fiona - not long for you now - see you soon xx

Nic - any news?

Nige - got your leg over yet?

Tiger - still can't believe how organised you are!

Niamh - where are you????

Ash - I'm watching you!!!!

Good luck to everyone else, please keep posting, it's what keeps me going.

Mary xxx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
[/COLOR]

Well, Friday was an emotional day - made worse with no BE Completed on the house without any problems, picked the kids up and said goodbye to their friends for the last time, dropped the animals off at the animal shippers in Shropshire, got lost somewhere in the middle of England whilst trying to find the Peak District cottage, ended up staying in a premier lodge for the night before we killed each other, finally arrived at the cottage on Saturday morning in one piece.

What a relaxing, stress free time we had - the word Australia was banned for 3 whole days and it was BLISSSSSSSSSSSSS. Travelled back to a friends today to pick up all our luggage (40kgs each) and then got a mini bus to take us to the airport hotel - and here we are - fighting over the laptop because it's got free wireless internet in the room!

Never thought we'd make it this far, thanks everyone for all your help and support over the last year.

Mary xxx
Mary!!!

Great to hear from you!!! You leave TOMORROW!!! Can't believe it!!!

Thanks for posting. I'm glad all the stress is behind you. Now you can have a peaceful rest on the airplane! Get lots of sleep - it will help on the jet lag!

And POST when you can!! It's been too quiet on here. With you gone and Nic AWOL too!

Happy flying!

Catherine

Who has 4 weeks to go!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

[/COLOR]

Don't tempt me!

Think my OH would've killed me if i'd got the laptop out on Friday - talk about completely stressed out!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Not sure about the passport thing, i know Niamh had to get a new one for the baby before they could get their visa - maybe she could tell you who to speak to.

Really pleased about your exchange, can't believe the swine's dropped it by 5k at the last minute:curse:

Of course you can join Where are you going? Nige has gone on his own, maybe you guys could meet up

Nic - any news?

Mary xxx
Three whole days without mentioning Australia - can't wait. Had massive chat with my dad today about my two year old - ie my mum! Gone into sulk mode. She's had 18 months to get used to idea and still moaning - not to me of course!

House on market and dripping value every moment - I look to you as a vision of hope that it can all happen.

Good luck with the flights and make sure Australia is ready for the rest of us who are following you! I'm in the middle of all those lists with very few things ticked off at the moment. If you have time to glance through the threads you'll see there have been quite a few grants recently to us long waiters. I won't say enjoy the flight - just hope there are some good films on offer to keep you going!

ENJOY and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222

Lou -

The place you might want to ask this question is the HOC sticky thread

Catherine
Thanks Tiger, have had a look and its saying that they are processing them from before ours arrived. Heres hoping and waiting all over again lolol.

Thanks again

Lou xx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Mary!!!

Great to see you hun!!

I have no news - bloomin buyer still playing silly buggers - which is why I haven't been on - too worked up about it.

I hope you have a wonderful last night in the UK (LAST NIGHT!!! ) I'm sure that you will be on again at Singapore!!

The very best of luck to you hun in your new life - you deserve it.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck Mary.

Enjoy the ride hun you deserve it, this is the final part of the roller coaster ride, you are very nearly there hun.

Hope all goes really well for you, you really deserve it.

Kind regards and lets hope we will soon also be in Oz.

Lou xxxx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

[/COLOR]

Don't tempt me!

Nic - any news?

Mary xxx

Good luck safe journey and enjoy your new lives down under
karenx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Mary!!!

Great to see you hun!!

I have no news - bloomin buyer still playing silly buggers - which is why I haven't been on - too worked up about it.

I hope you have a wonderful last night in the UK (LAST NIGHT!!! ) I'm sure that you will be on again at Singapore!!

Hi flower you deserve it to hang on in there xx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and safe journey Mary. See you on the other side!!!
Caroline
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:02 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Mary xxx
(dammit!) I wasn't doing what you thought I was doing!

Good luck mary - relax on the flight and see you soon!
Mary!!!

Great to see you hun!!

Hey FlyAway - sorry to hear about your buyer...after he's signed the contract - can't you go and knock him about with some gladiator-style pugil sticks?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

(dammit!) I wasn't doing what you thought I was doing!

Good luck mary - relax on the flight and see you soon!

Hey FlyAway - sorry to hear about your buyer...after he's signed the contract - can't you go and knock him about with some gladiator-style pugil sticks?
Thanks Ash, I have a whole list of things I would like to do to him after we have exchanged.:curse:

What did she think you were doing??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.