Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

when you clean stuff make sure trainers, golf or outdoor shoes and boots are absolutely spotless- an aquaintance of mine had a pair that customs irradiated and it cost her $220 They don't tell you which pair of shoes it is either. Tip: put trainers in your suitcases and take them with you.
Caroline
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
when you clean stuff make sure trainers, golf or outdoor shoes and boots are absolutely spotless- an aquaintance of mine had a pair that customs irradiated and it cost her $220 They don't tell you which pair of shoes it is either. Tip: put trainers in your suitcases and take them with you.
Caroline
Yeah, they are obsessed about shoes, every box in the container that mentioned shoes on the label, was opened and inspected. Which actually pleased the hubby as he had spent hours cleaning them!
Makes me laugh though, as you could have dirty old shoes in your suitcase and no one looks in there!!

Sam
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yeah, they are obsessed about shoes, every box in the container that mentioned shoes on the label, was opened and inspected. Which actually pleased the hubby as he had spent hours cleaning them!
Makes me laugh though, as you could have dirty old shoes in your suitcase and no one looks in there!!

Sam
Please may I join packing/house selling/animals/shoe discussions now! HAVE A VISA - did anyone else just feel sort of like jelly! Can't concentrate - will probably go to work in my dressing gown. Just can't believe it.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane BK
Please may I join packing/house selling/animals/shoe discussions now! HAVE A VISA - did anyone else just feel sort of like jelly! Can't concentrate - will probably go to work in my dressing gown. Just can't believe it.
Hey well done. Yes felt a bit like jelly, then extremely happy, then a bit nervous. Congrats though.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:41 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Caroline
Our shippers come tomorrow, so i know what i'm gonna be doing all day:curse:

Sam
It's mad isn't it? I'm bringing as many as i can, only problem is there's 3 females in our family............say no more!

WOW! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???? CONGRATULATIONS

Of course you can join

I've had the wobbles since July when we got ours - just ask these guys. Start sorting out stuff that you want to take now and sell the rest. I walked round in a daze for weeks, couldn't do anything because there was too much to do, i mean, where do you start? In the end i made a list and put them in order of priority and the date they need to be sorted by. It's worked so far for me. It's a good idea to send off for a pension forecast NOW, so you know where you stand for your UK state pension before you go. Don't forget to get quotes off at least 3 shippers and if you're taking animals, start ringing round for quotes. If you need more help with the animal side, PM me and i'll tell you all i know

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey well done. Yes felt a bit like jelly, then extremely happy, then a bit nervous. Congrats though.
And now he's just eating doughnuts and eyeing up the local talent
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sam
Be warned, there are times when they do. Especially if you tick the box to say you have spent time outside city areas recently, and also when there is something like Foot and Mouth around. During the big F&M epidemic a few years ago, all incoming pax from the UK had ALL their footwear disinfected - what they were wearing and what was in the cases. I was going the other way at the time, and having seen the length of the queues I was sooo glad!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:53 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Be warned, there are times when they do. Especially if you tick the box to say you have spent time outside city areas recently, and also when there is something like Foot and Mouth around. During the big F&M epidemic a few years ago, all incoming pax from the UK had ALL their footwear disinfected - what they were wearing and what was in the cases. I was going the other way at the time, and having seen the length of the queues I was sooo glad!

I've got a fantastic job for the kids to do tonight
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:17 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
I've got a fantastic job for the kids to do tonight
Mary - bin all the shoes and buy a pair of flip flops each - problem solved

Good luck with the shippers tomorrow (don't forget loads of tea/biscuits/lunch )

what better reason could you have for moving to Oz

FlyAway - good luck...hope it all goes through this week,

Tiger - any news on the meds?

JasB - where are you!??
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

The house is owned by my friend's mate and because she's acting as guarantor for us, we've not had to give references or anything - the owners are also happy for us to move in with the dog and 2 cats I've had a few pictures and it looks really nice - i'll email you some.
Wouldn't let me see it earlier, will try again in a mo. Hope all goes well tomorrow hun
[QUOTE=karensoutherden;6874086]Thanks for that Karen, off ot Sainsburys I go

Have fun too x
congratulations
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

It's mad isn't it? I'm bringing as many as i can, only problem is there's 3 females in our family............say no more!

WOW! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???? CONGRATULATIONS

Of course you can join

I've had the wobbles since July when we got ours - just ask these guys. Start sorting out stuff that you want to take now and sell the rest. I walked round in a daze for weeks, couldn't do anything because there was too much to do, i mean, where do you start? In the end i made a list and put them in order of priority and the date they need to be sorted by. It's worked so far for me. It's a good idea to send off for a pension forecast NOW, so you know where you stand for your UK state pension before you go. Don't forget to get quotes off at least 3 shippers and if you're taking animals, start ringing round for quotes. If you need more help with the animal side, PM me and i'll tell you all i know

Mary

This morning - it was a typical BE situation. Husband never normally looks at emails, did this am, bound upstairs, all lights on telling me. Had to run downstairs to see for myself, print off letter (evidence if they change their minds!) and then spend rest of day just .. being. Really odd - the first huge hurdle is over.

Already have couple of animal quotes - but will pm you to check them out if that is ok.

Did you type up your list of to do's - if so I'll have that too. Buying myself a new black and red book to put it all in. At the moment it is a sheet of paper on the table onto which everyone writes their ideas. Luckily handing over my penultimate job so things outside of home should slow down as life inside gets interesting.

First priority = sell house! Will drop price on Friday and keep fingers crossed.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Mary

This morning - it was a typical BE situation. Husband never normally looks at emails, did this am, bound upstairs, all lights on telling me. Had to run downstairs to see for myself, print off letter (evidence if they change their minds!) and then spend rest of day just .. being. Really odd - the first huge hurdle is over.

Already have couple of animal quotes - but will pm you to check them out if that is ok.

Did you type up your list of to do's - if so I'll have that too. Buying myself a new black and red book to put it all in. At the moment it is a sheet of paper on the table onto which everyone writes their ideas. Luckily handing over my penultimate job so things outside of home should slow down as life inside gets interesting.

First priority = sell house! Will drop price on Friday and keep fingers crossed.
Grats on the visa!!
There are good lists of what to do in the Australia Magazine -can't remember the exact title, but they do a countdown and you tick the boxes off as you do them. You can get it in Tescos or newsagents, it's thick and glossy and has useful articles in it.
I made lots of lists- a what I have to do today list, what I am packing in hand luggage, what goes in the cases, what goes to the charity shop, what goes to family, how much the things you take are worth for packing and insurance etc... I had about 10 different ones, and put the today list on post it notes stuck where I could see them and kept the rest in a file. I also had a separate file of vital stuff like passports, medical notes, insurance, no claims evidence, bank statements, new Oz bank details, where we were staying, flights and tickets, references, p45s etc that were vital for a smooth transition. This went in the hand luggage so it was guaranteed to get there with us.
Hope that helps.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AshyB

Tiger - any news on the meds?

WHAT?!?! You MISSED MY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!????

It couldn't have been any louder if it was the VISA ITSELF!!!

YES!!!! DH's MEDS cleared after 21 days at HOC - just like ours!!

So we're good to go!! VISA, Please!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222

WHAT?!?! You MISSED MY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!????

It couldn't have been any louder if it was the VISA ITSELF!!!

YES!!!! DH's MEDS cleared after 21 days at HOC - just like ours!!

So we're good to go!! VISA, Please!!
Waheeyyy, took them long enough. But now you'll have your visa in no time. Congrats.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Waheeyyy, took them long enough. But now you'll have your visa in no time. Congrats.

Sure hope so, Nige. We have our flights booked!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiger222
Sure hope so, Nige. We have our flights booked!
When do you fly???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.