Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6965187]Thanks Lou, I am Ok, just frustrated at the lack of progress. It's one hitch after another and none of them are our fault - all to do with the buyer.

MMmmmmmmm......buyer!
They're becoming as rare as case officers!
You don't happen to have a spare one in your pocket do you Flyaway?
Still I expect you would be using that one by now if you did.
Sorry to hear of your woes I hope it sorts itself out soon.
We expect to spend another Xmas in dear old blighty,roll on this time next year.
Still, we all seem to have our woes at the moment, just all at different stages.
Good luck and Karma to everyone trying to sell, move and those with any probs in Oz.
WWWT
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
hi where are you headed for?
good luck karen
We have a rental for 6 weeks in Bulimba, Brisbane. Then have to find jobs and schools to get a more perm place, fingers crossed.x
We can pay rental upfront but would like to try to save some of our savings.
Glad the home owners grant went up though, we could buy some where sooner than we thought, will have to wait and see, would like to move to redcliffe area.x
removals coming in 2 weeks, still not received documents to say we can take the car yet! got an e-mail to say we can but waiting on the post and only got 2 weeks left......
How about you?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just unpacked the last box- but haven't put everything away yet. Some things damaged- our dining table was gouged- we told them to take out the extension leaf and pack it separately, but they didn't so it has two huge gouges on it. and plastic things have warped, and wooden joints come apart on wardrobes. Only one glass broke- but it was a new one, so I still don't have a complete set Oh well, the bed survived intact and OH has his pillow, so he is happy. I keep waking up at 4-30 am though, so I am looking forward to the day I am not soooo tired!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just unpacked the last box- but haven't put everything away yet. Some things damaged- our dining table was gouged- we told them to take out the extension leaf and pack it separately, but they didn't so it has two huge gouges on it. and plastic things have warped, and wooden joints come apart on wardrobes. Only one glass broke- but it was a new one, so I still don't have a complete set Oh well, the bed survived intact and OH has his pillow, so he is happy. I keep waking up at 4-30 am though, so I am looking forward to the day I am not soooo tired!
Hey there, when did you arrive?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Hi Caroline

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Do you think it was the removals fault for not packing correctly or just a rough sea voyage?
Which firm of removals did you use?
Is it hot and the sun shining?
Raining here and very cold, so not all bad.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in Oz on 18th August, so it has been a long wait for the stuff. I used Atlantic and it wasn't their fault over the delay- the French went on strike, so the ship was held up for a fortnight in Le Havre, then everything had to be rescheduled. The plastic stuff just couldn't take the temperature changes, and some of the wood must have suffered with it too. However the dining table is their fault as they didn't do what I had asked them to do. Also, customs had to look at some stuff so the container was unloaded and our things went into two smaller containers- damage happens, and at least mone of the mirrors or pictures or tv/computers were affected and my daughters cello was unscathed and still sounds good. The dining table has a cloth over it!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:59 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey Mary, the less shopping, the better for your wallet.

So, still job hunting. Had an interview last week and it went very well... only to be told today that they dont want me because I have no legal experience..... i NEVER HAD LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND SO WHY INTERVIEW ME!!!

Anyway, I'm not worried yet. Just a bit frustrated. Getting burnt alive in Sydney. Its been hot here for the past week and so thats all good. hey are all you guys on facebook?
We're still job hunting as well Nige - things are slowing down here because of the current global climate and Christmas

Just joined your facebook - where's your photo

How annoying:curse: Did you take out insurance? On the positive side at least you've got your stuff for christmas and you've got chance to get sorted.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
We're still job hunting as well Nige - things are slowing down here because of the current global climate and Christmas

How annoying:curse: Did you take out insurance? On the positive side at least you've got your stuff for christmas and you've got chance to get sorted.
My photo is of Maroubra beach on saturday night. Awesome sunset. wish I had a better camera though.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mary1967

Yes we did, so now have to photo all the damage and fill in forms. I don't hold out much hope- Have to get quotes to repair the table and chair, so need to find furniture restorers.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:22 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hello from Perth Blue sky, blue sea.... just off to Yanchep National Park.... catch up soon - how you all ok
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

HI everyone!
Just checking in as not been on for ages - no house sale so depressed as hell!!
Hope everyone else is getting sorted and is either about to go or already has

Heading out to perth at end of april to validate and booking our flights after christmas
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
HI everyone!
Just checking in as not been on for ages - no house sale so depressed as hell!!
Hope everyone else is getting sorted and is either about to go or already has

Heading out to perth at end of april to validate and booking our flights after christmas
Hi

We too are in house limbo land, don't expect much before Christmas.
This is worse than the wait for the visa.
We are lucky enough to be able to go without necessarily having sold the house but not ideal, and definitely don't want to rent it out so we have decided to set date after xmas probably beginning of March to fly out.
On positive side temperature might be starting to cool down by then.
Anyway good luck and hope you hear soon.
WWWT
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What temperature??? I am still waiting for it to get hot! Storms today.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

What temperature??? I am still waiting for it to get hot! Storms today.

Are you sure you're not still in the UK??
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:27 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

evenin all...it's been a bit quite on here lately...looks like Nige, Mary, Nic, Jas are all too busy enjoying the sun!

we had the removal guys in yesterday and now the house is empty!! less than 1 week till we fly out...just need the £/$ to go skywards again and it'll be a brilliant christmas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.