Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hi every one
We are off on the 29th Nov.
In limbo land at mo, What to pack.. wearing winter stuff that will need to put in container, packing summer stuff in cases, not bothering with house work any excuse...still a bit of paper work to do, my tolerance levels with people seems to have lowered, people still going on about snakes and spiders a reason why they wouldn't go to Australia
Did managed to see Brian Adams at the 02 though !
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

mervinp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi every one
In limbo land at mo, What to pack.. wearing winter stuff that will need to put in container, packing summer stuff in cases, not bothering with house work any excuse...still a bit of paper work to do, my tolerance levels with people seems to have lowered, people still going on about snakes and spiders a reason why they wouldn't go to Australia
It's amazing it's those that do not have the guts to take that step that will be negative thoughout! We are in South Africa, I'd rather take my chances with snakes and spiders that a gun pointed to my head. Take Care!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi every one
hi where are you headed for?
good luck karen
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:37 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

as I've got nothing better to do, Mary has employed me as her BE spokesperson for the time being...

"Could you let people on the forum know i'm thinking of them all and i'll try and post next week?"
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AshyB
as I've got nothing better to do, Mary has employed me as her BE spokesperson for the time being...

"Could you let people on the forum know i'm thinking of them all and i'll try and post next week?"

Lets hope she pays you well!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:25 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hello every one how we all doing

we are moving hopefully in two weeks down to Brisbane,

Mary How you doing hun

AshyB Eireann is much better now bad case of wind I think she is trying to chat to me now very cute
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff has cleared customs and arrives on Monday!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:28 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by memewest

she's blaming some global lack of funds for making me do this for free

Originally Posted by Baby75

Mary How you doing hun

AshyB Eireann is much better now bad case of wind I think she is trying to chat to me now very cute
good luck with the move...
glad to hear she's ok...
random question for today - has she picked a soccer team to follow yet???

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Stuff has cleared customs and arrives on Monday!
good stuf - just hope it's all in one piece!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:46 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshyB

Thank you Ash

Originally Posted by memewest

Have you seen the prices over here??????

Originally Posted by Baby75

Mary How you doing hun

Feeling a bit better Niamh - kids are still heartbroken, my eldest spent 2 hours crying on Sunday night - she wants me to send her back to England for a holiday next year. On the positive side, my youngest started her new school yesterday and liked it

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Stuff has cleared customs and arrives on Monday

Can't wait to get mine - I MISS MY POTATOE PEELER!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
Thank you Ash

Have you seen the prices over here??????

Feeling a bit better Niamh - kids are still heartbroken, my eldest spent 2 hours crying on Sunday night - she wants me to send her back to England for a holiday next year. On the positive side, my youngest started her new school yesterday and liked it

Can't wait to get mine - I MISS MY POTATOE PEELER!!!!

Bless you Mary, of all the things to miss its a potatoe peeler lolol. Hope the kids settle hun. Good luck with everything and please keep us informed when you can.

Kind regards and best wishes Lou xx
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Bless you Mary, of all the things to miss its a potatoe peeler lolol. Hope the kids settle hun. Good luck with everything and please keep us informed when you can.

She needs it to peel the spuds to make the poteen - there is always a sensible reason with Mary!!

Seriously hun, hope things get better for you soon. Please send me pms if things get on top of you. ((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Sorry I haven't been around much - I have been very negative too and didn't want to spread it around.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
She needs it to peel the spuds to make the poteen - there is always a sensible reason with Mary!!

Seriously hun, hope things get better for you soon. Please send me pms if things get on top of you. ((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Sorry I haven't been around much - I have been very negative too and didn't want to spread it around.
Bless you hun, you can always pm me if you need to get things off your chest. You all listened to me often enough moaning about not having my visa.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:49 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lou

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Hi Nic, well we finally booked the internet yesterday, we've been told we should get it by the end of the month

On a positive note, my cousin in Adelaide said that from what i've said (Miss Postive that i am!), Perth is about 5 years behind Adelaide in internet, shopping etc. Apparently in Adelaide they've got 24 hour supermarkets - just like in England - i'm stuck with 5 pm finish and closed all day Sunday:curse: Oh yeah, late night on Thursday til 9pm

Hope you're feeling better Nic - thanks for all your support.

Oh yes, before i forget, I spoke to Basty yesterday, she's in Clarkson at the moment and is having a BRILLIANT TIME She's just trying to find a rental now, but everything else seems to be fine.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lou

Hi Nic, well we finally booked the internet yesterday, we've been told we should get it by the end of the month

On a positive note, my cousin in Adelaide said that from what i've said (Miss Postive that i am!), Perth is about 5 years behind Adelaide in internet, shopping etc. Apparently in Adelaide they've got 24 hour supermarkets - just like in England - i'm stuck with 5 pm finish and closed all day Sunday:curse: Oh yeah, late night on Thursday til 9pm

Oh yes, before i forget, I spoke to Basty yesterday, she's in Clarkson at the moment and is having a BRILLIANT TIME She's just trying to find a rental now, but everything else seems to be fine.
Hey Mary, the less shopping, the better for your wallet.

So, still job hunting. Had an interview last week and it went very well... only to be told today that they dont want me because I have no legal experience..... i NEVER HAD LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND SO WHY INTERVIEW ME!!!

Anyway, I'm not worried yet. Just a bit frustrated. Getting burnt alive in Sydney. Its been hot here for the past week and so thats all good. hey are all you guys on facebook?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you hun, you can always pm me if you need to get things off your chest. You all listened to me often enough moaning about not having my visa.

Kind regards Lou xx
Thanks Lou, I am Ok, just frustrated at the lack of progress. It's one hitch after another and none of them are our fault - all to do with the buyer.

Thanks Lou

Hi Nic, well we finally booked the internet yesterday, we've been told we should get it by the end of the month:

Great news!!

On a positive note, my cousin in Adelaide said that from what i've said (Miss Postive that i am!), Perth is about 5 years behind Adelaide in internet, shopping etc. Apparently in Adelaide they've got 24 hour supermarkets - just like in England - i'm stuck with 5 pm finish and closed all day Sunday:curse: Oh yeah, late night on Thursday til 9pm:

I'm not too sure about that. I've read lots of moaning about shop opening hours in Adelaide. Ask your cousin which supermarket is open 24 hours, because I need to know.

I'm Ok hun - just worried we will end up homeless at Christmas now.

Great news. Fingers crossed for her rental.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey Mary, the less shopping, the better for your wallet.

PMSL

So, still job hunting. Had an interview last week and it went very well... only to be told today that they dont want me because I have no legal experience..... i NEVER HAD LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND SO WHY INTERVIEW ME!!!

Bad luck Nige - I hate that - waste of everyone's time.:curse:

Anyway, I'm not worried yet. Just a bit frustrated. Getting burnt alive in Sydney. Its been hot here for the past week and so thats all good. hey are all you guys on facebook?
Nice to know it's warm at last!!!

I will PM you my name - just found FB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.