Separate 801 online application required?

Old Mar 12th 2018, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Separate 801 online application required?

Hello!

I'm just looking for some assistance regarding my ongoing 820/801 application, as I logged into ImmiAccount for the first time in a while today, and one or two things I spotted made me query my understanding of the online application process.

1. The waiting time for an 801 visa is currently 18-20 months (for 75%-90% of applicants) from the date of eligibility, is that correct? So, as I applied for 820/801 on 16 April 2016, I can expect to wait for 18-20 months after 16 April 2018 before being granted an 801?

2. All of my previous online visa applications are showing as "Finalised" on ImmiAccount, including the one I lodged for 820/801. Should I be making a separate application for an 801 visa online? If so, how much does this cost, and when should I lodge it?

3. If I do not have to lodge a separate 801 visa application online, can I still attach supporting documents to my existing 820/801 application, even though it is listed on ImmiAccount as being"finalised"?

4. Do I have to do another AFP check around the time an 801 decision is due?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old Mar 12th 2018, 4:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Separate 801 online application required?

Originally Posted by Croker
Hello!

I'm just looking for some assistance regarding my ongoing 820/801 application, as I logged into ImmiAccount for the first time in a while today, and one or two things I spotted made me query my understanding of the online application process.

1. The waiting time for an 801 visa is currently 18-20 months (for 75%-90% of applicants) from the date of eligibility, is that correct? So, as I applied for 820/801 on 16 April 2016, I can expect to wait for 18-20 months after 16 April 2018 before being granted an 801?

2. All of my previous online visa applications are showing as "Finalised" on ImmiAccount, including the one I lodged for 820/801. Should I be making a separate application for an 801 visa online? If so, how much does this cost, and when should I lodge it?

3. If I do not have to lodge a separate 801 visa application online, can I still attach supporting documents to my existing 820/801 application, even though it is listed on ImmiAccount as being"finalised"?

4. Do I have to do another AFP check around the time an 801 decision is due?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Unfortunately yes, the timeline at present is awful, and it does date from the time you become eligible for the 801.
Once you are eligible for the 801 (so once 2 years have passed since your 820 application) you should be able to do the 801 through the same Immi account. It won't let you do it until you are eligible though, so go back in once you are past that magic date in April and (from memory) its then clear how you go forward and do the application.
There is no fee, you paid the fee when you did the 820
You will need a new AFP check, I'd just upload it with everything else and hope that timelines improve
Old Mar 12th 2018, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Unfortunately yes, the timeline at present is awful, and it does date from the time you become eligible for the 801.
Once you are eligible for the 801 (so once 2 years have passed since your 820 application) you should be able to do the 801 through the same Immi account. It won't let you do it until you are eligible though, so go back in once you are past that magic date in April and (from memory) its then clear how you go forward and do the application.
There is no fee, you paid the fee when you did the 820
You will need a new AFP check, I'd just upload it with everything else and hope that timelines improve
Thanks Polly, that clears things up nicely. I was pretty sure there was no further fee, but I was caught a little bit unawares about needing to lodge another application specifically for the 801!

Anyway, I think I'll take a punt and get an AFP check on 1 November 2018, so I've got one ready and uploaded. I had a slight delay for the 820 when they caught me unawares and contacted me directly, telling me to get one done. I can't guarantee it'll fall in that period, of course, but the odds are better that it will. Worst case is I'll have to pay another $42, I guess.

On a side note, I think you've been the person who's answered my questions first pretty much every time I've started a thread with a query (it may have been every time, actually!), so please understand that I'm very grateful for all of the timely help you in particular have provided, as well as all of the help I've been given by other forum members.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 5:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polly, that clears things up nicely. I was pretty sure there was no further fee, but I was caught a little bit unawares about needing to lodge another application specifically for the 801!

Anyway, I think I'll take a punt and get an AFP check on 1 November 2018, so I've got one ready and uploaded. I had a slight delay for the 820 when they caught me unawares and contacted me directly, telling me to get one done. I can't guarantee it'll fall in that period, of course, but the odds are better that it will. Worst case is I'll have to pay another $42, I guess.

On a side note, I think you've been the person who's answered my questions first pretty much every time I've started a thread with a query (it may have been every time, actually!), so please understand that I'm very grateful for all of the timely help you in particular have provided, as well as all of the help I've been given by other forum members.
Just glad to help, BE got me through my own spouse visa and I've kept up with the changes out of interest, so I'm more than hapoy to pass on my knowledge

In your shoes I would get the AFP check and upload it when you apply, worst case they want it again, best case the timeline gets shorter again and you are ok.

I can't remember exactky what Immiaccount says, someone else may be able to help, but I know that one the eligibility date passes then its easy to do the 801, there's a link to the 820 or something like that. Definitely don't launch a new applucation cos that will ask you to pay again. Hard though it is you have to be patient till the date clucks over!

Good luck!
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scousers have the best manners

Our Polly's fantastic, don't know where we'd be without her
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point

When you lodge an 820, you also lodge an 801.
If the 820 is refused, the 801 application becomes an invalid application and the visa application charge for the 801 must be refunded.
Refunding nil is not a problem.