Wikiposts

sent medicals

Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Harveymax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sent medicals

hi
Just need to know if anyone is in the same boat?
The doctor sent our medicals and x-rays by INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR on the 4th september to sydney, she sent us the tracking number and i have been checking daily but it just said sent to Australia. I asked the post office how long this service would take and they said 5 to 10 days, we are now on day 11, do you think our medicals have been lost?, just hoping someone else has been in the same position.

Sandy
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Suuz will become famous soon enoughSuuz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: sent medicals

Originally Posted by Harveymax
hi
Just need to know if anyone is in the same boat?
The doctor sent our medicals and x-rays by INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR on the 4th september to sydney, she sent us the tracking number and i have been checking daily but it just said sent to Australia. I asked the post office how long this service would take and they said 5 to 10 days, we are now on day 11, do you think our medicals have been lost?, just hoping someone else has been in the same position.

Sandy

Hi there Sandy

We sent our Visa application by International signed for but once it is out of Britain there appears to be no way of tracking it, it just continues to state that it has been passed to the Australian Postal Service. I think if I needed to track something again I would use a courier. In fact, when I checked with the Post office after I had used the Signed for service, the girl more of less admitted that it is really not worth the money you pay for it as it is no better than using the normal, everyday overseas mail service. However, it did get there and actually very promptly,within 5 days (know this from acknowledgment letter). So try not to worry, you can always check with LCU if you need to find out. I'm sure it will have already arrived.

Suuz
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Sorry to ask,but who did you get the acknowledgement letter from?

Also,did you get it when they received it or when they processed it?

Cheers

Clare
Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Suuz will become famous soon enoughSuuz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by platapus
Hi there

Sorry to ask,but who did you get the acknowledgement letter from?

Also,did you get it when they received it or when they processed it?

Cheers

Clare
Hi Clare

Although our application arrived on 21st May, our full acknowledgment letter did not arrive until 20th August - therefore it is when they process it that you get it. It came from the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. The LCU in sydney is where they assess your medicals.

Suuz