British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Sending docs after app posted.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/sending-docs-after-app-posted-81755/)

MrFlibbleUK Jun 5th 2002 12:05 pm

Sending docs after app posted....

Very quick question, has anyone submitted docs once the application has actually been sent?

I need to send a covering letter and also a reference with an updated date.

I havent received a case number yet, do you reckon its worth waiting till I get a case number or just send it now before they start processing it?

Help gratefully recieved.

Ta very muchly.

Google Groups Jun 6th 2002 8:20 am

Re: Sending docs after app posted....

Hi,

What about a file number?

I got an acknowledgment for lodging my application about three months ago with a FILE
number. I then heard there is a difference between a FILE number and a CASE number.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

--Amos

"malcolm sutton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<1023320323.491666@angelina>...
    > Hi MrFlibble, yes i agree don't make the same mistake we did and send any documents
    > without a reference number, as you never know it may delay your application if they
    > go astray. They tell you not to send any further information until you have
    > received your reference number anyway.
    >
    > Goodluck anyway karen
    >
    >
    > "MrFlibbleUK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Very quick question, has anyone submitted docs once the application has actually
    > > been sent?
    > >
    > > I need to send a covering letter and also a reference with an updated date.
    > >
    > > I havent received a case number yet, do you reckon its worth waiting till I get a
    > > case number or just send it now before they start processing it?
    > >
    > > Help gratefully recieved.
    > >
    > > Ta very muchly.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

chewy Jun 6th 2002 10:02 pm

I'm not familiar with a file number but maybe it depends on where you lodged your application. I lodged my in Los Angeles, California and I was given a reference number. I would assume "file number" and "reference number" are the same. Were you given the name of the agent who is handling your case as well? If so, put any documents that you send to their attention along with your file number. I'd double-check my advice though just to be safe

Google Groups Jun 7th 2002 9:20 am

Thanks for your advice.

I lodged my application to Adelaide. The "file reference number" (the more accurate
term) I got looks like OSF2002/123456 and no name of handling "case officer".

Cheers,

--Amos

chewy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm not familiar with a file number but maybe it depends on where you lodged your
    > application. I lodged my in Los Angeles, California and I was given a reference
    > number. I would assume "file number" and "reference number" are the same. Were you
    > given the name of the agent who is handling your case as well? If so, put any
    > documents that you send to their attention along with your file number. I'd
    > double-check my advice though just to be safe

Chewy Jun 7th 2002 3:21 pm

I think you'll be fine if you include your "file reference number." Just make sure
it's prominently seen. I'd put it on the envelope and the cover letter. You can never
be too cautious.

Good luck to ya.

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Thanks for your advice.
    >
    > I lodged my application to Adelaide. The "file reference number" (the more accurate
    > term) I got looks like OSF2002/123456 and no name of handling "case officer".
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --Amos
    >
    > chewy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm not familiar with a file number but maybe it depends on where you lodged your
    > > application. I lodged my in Los Angeles, California and I was given a reference
    > > number. I would assume "file number" and "reference number" are the same. Were
    > > you given the name of the agent who is handling your case as well? If so, put any
    > > documents that you send to their attention along with your file number. I'd
    > > double-check my advice though just to be safe

dooda0407 Jun 8th 2002 3:15 am

I would wait til they contacted you. If they need those they will send you a letter and have a "return by" date on there. At least that way you would know that it went to the right place.