Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

MaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the rough
Default Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Hey Guys

Just about to but my daughter a flight back to the UK to see her mum for xmas and wondered if I need to get her a travel Visa?

We came over last Nov on a Spouse Visa and wondered if this covered her for a return trip to the UK?

Apologies if it seems a daft question!

Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:15 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Hi - are you asking about a visa to enter the UK? Assuming she has her UK Passport?

If you mean for Australia - she should already have a visa - it's likely the same as yours so check the conditions on that visa (the visa is electronically linked to your passport number so you may not have a visa label as such - so check your grant letter/email).

If it's easier you can get a physical label put in her passport which will have all the conditions on it i.e. expiry date etc. Just contact your nearest DIAC office.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

MaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the roughMaCCCa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Hi thx,

Yeah she has the Spouse visa sticker in a her british passport. Just thought she may need an extra travel one?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:21 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

No, the spouse visa is good for multiple entries as a resident. As long as it won't expire while she is away it's all good!

I hope she enjoys a snowy Christmas! - one of the few things I miss!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

cool - sorted!

Secretley my wife is wishing she was going back! not enjoying it out here as much as I am!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:12 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Send the missus back too and have Xmas with the lads !
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

would I need any kind of visa if I took my 4 year old grandson back to the uk for a holiday I have a uk and Oz passport my grandson would have a OZ passport only
Janet
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 4:54 am
Addicted to browsing BE

Australian citizens are able to enter the Uk for a holiday (up to 3 months or maybe 6) without a visa - so you'll be fine to take him!

Might be worth carrying a letter from his parents giving you permission to take him though, more of a 'just in case' rather than something youll definitely need.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking
Australian citizens are able to enter the Uk for a holiday (up to 3 months or maybe 6) without a visa - so you'll be fine to take him!

Might be worth carrying a letter from his parents giving you permission to take him though, more of a 'just in case' rather than something youll definitely need.

Enjoy!
Thank you
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking

Enjoy!
It's six months.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:51 am
Addicted to browsing BE

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's six months.
Thanks - couldn't remember!