British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/sending-daughter-back-uk-xmas-holiday-does-she-need-visa-733328/)

MaCCCa Sep 23rd 2011 1:03 am

Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Hey Guys

Just about to but my daughter a flight back to the UK to see her mum for xmas and wondered if I need to get her a travel Visa?

We came over last Nov on a Spouse Visa and wondered if this covered her for a return trip to the UK?

Apologies if it seems a daft question!

Mark

goldchoccycoin Sep 23rd 2011 1:15 am

Re: Sending Daughter back to UK at Xmas for a Holiday - does she need visa?

Hi - are you asking about a visa to enter the UK? Assuming she has her UK Passport?

If you mean for Australia - she should already have a visa - it's likely the same as yours so check the conditions on that visa (the visa is electronically linked to your passport number so you may not have a visa label as such - so check your grant letter/email).

If it's easier you can get a physical label put in her passport which will have all the conditions on it i.e. expiry date etc. Just contact your nearest DIAC office.

MaCCCa Sep 23rd 2011 1:19 am

Hi thx,

Yeah she has the Spouse visa sticker in a her british passport. Just thought she may need an extra travel one?

goldchoccycoin Sep 23rd 2011 1:21 am

No, the spouse visa is good for multiple entries as a resident. As long as it won't expire while she is away it's all good!

I hope she enjoys a snowy Christmas! - one of the few things I miss!

MaCCCa Sep 23rd 2011 2:14 am

cool - sorted!

Secretley my wife is wishing she was going back! not enjoying it out here as much as I am!

spuddyo Sep 23rd 2011 3:12 am

Send the missus back too and have Xmas with the lads !:thumbsup:

FRAYNE Sep 23rd 2011 3:42 am

would I need any kind of visa if I took my 4 year old grandson back to the uk for a holiday I have a uk and Oz passport my grandson would have a OZ passport only
Janet

goldchoccycoin Sep 23rd 2011 4:54 am

Australian citizens are able to enter the Uk for a holiday (up to 3 months or maybe 6) without a visa - so you'll be fine to take him!

Might be worth carrying a letter from his parents giving you permission to take him though, more of a 'just in case' rather than something youll definitely need.

Enjoy!

FRAYNE Sep 23rd 2011 5:18 am

Originally Posted by tking (Post 9637409)
Australian citizens are able to enter the Uk for a holiday (up to 3 months or maybe 6) without a visa - so you'll be fine to take him!

Might be worth carrying a letter from his parents giving you permission to take him though, more of a 'just in case' rather than something youll definitely need.

Enjoy!

Thank you :)

moneypenny20 Sep 23rd 2011 9:19 am

Originally Posted by tking (Post 9637409)

Enjoy!

It's six months.:)

goldchoccycoin Sep 23rd 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9637630)
It's six months.:)

Thanks - couldn't remember!