British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Sending an advance party, a question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/sending-advance-party-question-541324/)

alipally Jun 5th 2008 9:38 am

Sending an advance party, a question

OK,
We have our 175 visas in our passports. The new visas DO NOT anywhere on the sticker state that the main applicant has to enter the country first (I understand that this was the case with the old 136)

What I would like to do is go out to Oz alone to sort out Transport and accomodation, get it ready for habitation and most importantly an address to send our 'stuff' to, before the rest of the family arrive.

I plan on leaving the country in between times to come back accompanied by my darling OH. As I am not the principle applicant, can I do this?

moneypenny20 Jun 5th 2008 10:11 am

Re: Sending an advance party, a question

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 6436659)
OK,
We have our 175 visas in our passports. The new visas DO NOT anywhere on the sticker state that the main applicant has to enter the country first (I understand that this was the case with the old 136)

What I would like to do is go out to Oz alone to sort out Transport and accomodation, get it ready for habitation and most importantly an address to send our 'stuff' to, before the rest of the family arrive.

I plan on leaving the country in between times to come back accompanied by my darling OH. As I am not the principle applicant, can I do this?

As far as I'm aware, the type of visa is irrelevant - the main applicant has to go through first. Sorry.

alipally Jun 5th 2008 10:14 am

OK, phoned Australia House! £1.00 a minute, but I think worth it!!!

I CAN go on my own in advance of the rest of the party and the main applicant on the 175 visa doesn't have to go first!!!

How fantastic is that! The only thing he did say was that EVERYONE had to Validate by the deadline, no exceptions!

Ali

moneypenny20 Jun 5th 2008 10:16 am

OK sorry to give you duff info. First one I've heard of though.:D

alipally Jun 5th 2008 10:23 am

Well, it always was that wasn't it, but I remember someone saying that it was actually written on your visa label in you passport? (Never actually seen one myself, so can't say for sure, but remember someone saying that it was on there)
And now it's gone! Cost me about £7 for that information though!

Ali x

Sammy T Jun 5th 2008 10:26 am

Our 175 visa stamps specifically state that the main applicant has to enter Australia first, so I guess it just varies when they issue the visa, it is what we expected though.

Good luck with getting everything sorted in Oz:thumbsup:

Sam

alipally Jun 5th 2008 10:41 am

Oooh! this is funny....

Just got all the passports out the read all the stickers again! (for about the 100th time:lol:)
OH's says
CLASS VE RESIDENT P<<<
SUB CLASS 175
CONDITIONS MIG.REGS. SCHED. 8
INITIAL ENTRY BY (date)

GRANTED (date). MULTIPLE TRAVEL. MUST NOT ARRIVE AFTER (date)
HOLDER(S) PERMITTED TO REMAIN IN AUSTRALIA INDEFINITELY

mine and the kids says exactly the same except for
the P<<< is an S<<<

What does your say???

A x

Sammy T Jun 5th 2008 10:48 am

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 6436779)
Oooh! this is funny....

Just got all the passports out the read all the stickers again! (for about the 100th time:lol:)
OH's says
CLASS VE RESIDENT P<<<
SUB CLASS 175
INITIAL ENTRY BY (date)

the P<<< is an S<<<

What does your say???

A x

Hi

Just fished ours out, OH's is the same as your OHs!

But ours also say:

"8502 NO ENTRY BEFORE SPONSOR/MAIN"

So for some reason, we have to enter after the main applicant, which I understood to the norm, and for some reason yours does not state that, so you are free to go when you want:D

When are you planning to go, how exciting!

We are having problems with our house sale, should have exchanged a couple of weeks ago, so not sure when we will be off now:confused:

Have fun!

Sam

alipally Jun 5th 2008 10:50 am

have Pm'd you!

Lee Family Jun 6th 2008 12:39 am

Oooh! this is funny....

OH's says
CLASS VE RESIDENT P<<<
SUB CLASS 175
INITIAL ENTRY BY (date)

the P<<< is an S<<<

What does your say???

A x

Ours say the same as yours, nothing on them about who has to enter first.

Jon

Pollyana Jun 6th 2008 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Lee Family (Post 6439476)
Ours say the same as yours, nothing on them about who has to enter first.

Jon

Usually they say the part about the main applicant, but occasionally one gets through the net :)

GinaUK Jun 6th 2008 6:53 am

the P<<< is an S<<<

The "P" stands for "Primary Applicant" and the "S" stands for "Secondary Applicant(s).

So, when you rock up to Immigration when you arrive, they'll know you're (one of) the seconday applicant(s).

Gina

alipally Jun 9th 2008 9:40 pm

Knowing about it is fine by me, I've no reason to go and stay by myself.... I like being with my OH!!