Selling the House

Old Jul 10th 2002, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling the House

Sorry if youve all answered this before but we are new to this site .
Q, at what stage of the process would you put the house up for sale and has anyone known anyone to leave the house sale in the hands of others, namely a solicitor to forward the proceeds on later when its all completed.
ps, We are aiming to leave for Adelaide as soon it is practicle after the hopeful issue of the PR.

Paul & Adele
Old Jul 10th 2002, 6:22 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling the House

Hi Paul and Adele,

I think if you had advice from an agent -and there are some who contribute to this site regularly, they would say dont sell until you have the visa in your hands...
I suppose if youre not bothered about renting for a while then go for it, but what if you dont get the visa????

We're going to wait until we have the visa...but then there are those who i know on this site who sold up before they got theirs...very personal thing isnt it??
Old Jul 10th 2002, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

yea big dilema this one.
we have started selling the things we dont want to take with us but have decided to wait until all is okd with visa before selling the house. but that could put at least and probably more than 3/4 months on the wait before we go. so even as im writing this im changing my mind and will now atempt to discuss with the wife the benifits of selling now.
ok ok so im not the most decicive person in the world. sorry i havent helped much have i haha
good luck whatever you choose to do shaun
Old Jul 10th 2002, 9:20 pm
Winnie

"Snickers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry if youve all answered this before but we are new to this site . Q, at what
    > stage of the process would you put the house up for sale and has anyone known
    > anyone to leave the house sale in the hands of others, namely a solicitor to
    > forward the proceeds on later when its all completed.

Yes we did and it worked out well - but then that was Scotland, which is a little
more... stable? than England

Winnie

Old Jul 10th 2002, 9:24 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Well, plan A was wait for visa then sell. Except that we got landed with a medical undertaking which gives you 6 months to activate the visa instead of 12. Needless to say it's been a close thing.

We'd already got the house "marketable" (new carpets, decorating etc) and luckily the first viewer purchased. Plan A is still in effect But still, we wont complete until mid Aug and our last entry date is early Sept. so we'd be really stuffed if it all went Pete Tong.

BTW Plan B was to take a holiday to sort out the visa then come back and sort the house. Not selling (ie renting out or leaving it in the hands of a solicitor) wasn't an option.

So, wait, but be ready for a mad 6 month dash....
Old Jul 10th 2002, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

anon,it looks petty tight,
but as u say,the important thing is to validate,then comeback.so all is not lost if the sale has last minutes probs.its just a shame if u got to pay for the plane twice.i assume that everyone on the app has to validate??
good luck
rday
Old Jul 10th 2002, 11:11 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

We have sold our house & moving to a friends house to stay in a weeks time &.......wait for it!!! we are not going to NZ until next year!!!

We have our visas, but the reason that we sold up so soon, was because of the current state of the housing market & to use it to our advantage.
It's good at the moment, so we took the chance before it all went pear shaped.

The bank of England met to discuss interest rates recently, so just be warned, it could be the end of the boom! or it could still go barking!!

Remember kids, points make prizes! Don't lose out!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2002, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

well that was easy, as soon as we get rid of the mother in law mid august the house is going on the market.
shaun
Old Jul 11th 2002, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Norm is an unknown quantity at this point

We waited until we got the pre grant letter then put the house up for sale. Houses appear to be selling quickly at the moment, at least in our area.

Norm.
Old Jul 11th 2002, 5:52 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by shaun/lor
well that was easy, as soon as we get rid of the mother in law mid august the house is going on the market.
shaun
Please advise on best methods for getting rid of the M-I-L. Anything non-criminal considered.

All th best
Old Jul 11th 2002, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

newstartnz

try making a pass at her

rday

p.s. only do this if u know 100% that she doesn't fancy u,or u could be in big trouble
Old Jul 11th 2002, 7:29 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

No worries. She hates me. Capital H-A-T-E-

All the best
Old Jul 11th 2002, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sounds like mine ,why do they always think their daughter could of done better?
good luck
rday
Old Jul 11th 2002, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

non criminal now thats a really hard one.
nope the best is still make a pass at her but go carfull mine hasent had it for so long she might say yes just to remind her what it was like.
how about a nasty accident with electricity water and her zimmer frame, if you can set light to your house at the same time it might save having to sell it. you know kill 2 birds (well a bag and a house) with one stone,
well good luck and if you do get a brainwave let me know asap
shaun
Old Jul 11th 2002, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

see your turning me into a nervous wreck on this site, i even just had a thought that the mother in law may have paid the postie not to deliver the sacred letter that i long for. prehaps id better kidnap him in the morning and give him some interigation. just to be on the safe side.
shaun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.