Self Employed

Old Jun 6th 2002, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

KKMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self Employed

Hi all
My wife is a UK registered nurse but only works 5hrs/week as a nurse, but she works up to 40 hours a week in total as a un-registered hairdresser working from home, but registered as self employed with the tax man.

Will this meet the requirement for at least 20 hrs/week work for the last 12 months as we are applying with my wife as the main applicant as a nurse( her skills as a nurse have been asssessed)

Our worry is that her recent work experience is not in her main occupation and she has no formal hairdressing quals even though this has been her main employment for the last few years.

Any advice would be appreciated
Old Jun 6th 2002, 9:51 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Employed

Hi,
Just to clarify...youre having wifes skills assessed as anurse???...at the moment....only working 5 hrs a week...???

If this is the case it wont be sufficient for nursing experience... and if youve applied as nursing it has just to be nursing not a mixture of 2 jobs and youre right it has to be 20hrs a week.......but give me more specific info....
Old Jun 7th 2002, 3:20 am
David

If hairdresser is on the skill list, it doesn't matter. But if you claim for the work
experiense point, you can't get it.

Old Jun 7th 2002, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

KKMD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
To clarify my wife was in allmost full time Nurse employment uptill about 20 months ago, but with shifts and nights and child care costs it was not worth it. So she started working part time as a Nurse to keep up her UK registration, but started buisiness from home to fit in round the kids.
Correct me if I am wrong but can you not apply for immigration in one trade but have been in employment in another as long as its on the trades list ?
And how do Adelaide get you to prove hours worked if self employed ? by Tax returns,bills and receipts ect ?

She can`t apply as a hairdresser as she has no trade papers and would not get an assessment in that trade.

Regards