seen Ian Harrop today and no go!!

Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

mattkel is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy seen Ian Harrop today and no go!!

Hi Guys,

Feelin really gutted we just got back from a 8 hr drive to Oxford, things did not go very good for us, we had some bad news few days ago, my aunty who lives in Perth was thinking of sponsoring us, but things not to good she has to give up work for health reasons and is selling up in WA to move to Victoria to be near her son, so she emailed to say that she could not sponsor us, of course we are gutted but I can truly understand her reasons for not wanting to do it,
Ian Harrop told us today that basically that was our only chance has we do not score enough points with Matt's social care work, Cant tel you how upset I am thought today would be the start of something new!!
Can anyone help? is this really our only chance? Matt has been a social care worker for 5 years is there any chance anyone knows another route we can take?
Thanks guys
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: seen Ian Harrop today and no go!!

Is there no chance of her son sponsoring you?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: seen Ian Harrop today and no go!!

Ian Harrop suggested that I have just sent him an email now, it really dificuilt to ask your cousin that you have only ever met once i your life to sponsor you, I kind of went round it but I think he will get the message, I told him that bascically Matt could not go over on his child care alone without somekind of sponsor I really hope he will but dont want to get my hopes up. So I will wait for a reply of him.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Will keep fingers crossed for you. Dont give up where theres a will theres a way. Good luck.

Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sarah it's great to have support from you guys.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

I think you need to present to your cousin that this is the chance at a new life, and you are not asking him to be an assurance of support, simply a sponsor. They have to sign to say they are prepared to house you for 2 years should you require it, but reassure him that you will never do this. I cannot see how someone (even someone that you have met only once) would turn away from providing someone with this kind of opportunity. It does not cost them anything.....
It is there chnace to give something back to this world......maybe someone will help THEM out someday.....
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

got my fingers crossed for you guys... can't imagine how you must be feeling... lets hope that the cousin comes good for you....

virtual hugg
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

THANKS GUYS lets hope cous helps us out!!
will let you know!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:17 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Im a great believer that if its meant to be .. then it will happen. But that doesnt mean that you shouldn't fight tooth and nail for it in the meantime.
All you can do is exhaust every option and if that doesnt work then maybe if you have time (age wise) re-train?
Good luck sincerely and i hope you find a way to make it happen.
M J
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:28 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

could you not go over on a student visa perhspa to study social work?? A friend of ours didnt have enough points as a bank manger and she has got in by going this route. She is studying accountancy and will get PR once she qualifies Hope this helps x
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for you! can only imagine how dissapointed you must be. Fingers crossed that your cousin is a wonderful person & will do the right thing.
Keep up the fight & GOOD LUCK!
Sally
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:01 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattkel
Hi Guys,

Feelin really gutted we just got back from a 8 hr drive to Oxford, things did not go very good for us, we had some bad news few days ago, my aunty who lives in Perth was thinking of sponsoring us, but things not to good she has to give up work for health reasons and is selling up in WA to move to Victoria to be near her son, so she emailed to say that she could not sponsor us, of course we are gutted but I can truly understand her reasons for not wanting to do it,
Ian Harrop told us today that basically that was our only chance has we do not score enough points with Matt's social care work, Cant tel you how upset I am thought today would be the start of something new!!
Can anyone help? is this really our only chance? Matt has been a social care worker for 5 years is there any chance anyone knows another route we can take?
Thanks guys
Hi,

Ian Harrop told us we didn't stand a chance at getting visas...well he was wrong because we got them in March this year.

I'd ring around at least another couple of agents to get second opinion on what your options are.

NEVER give up....we nearly did but if it weren't for one person on here who told us to do exactly that (thanks Phil!) we'd have given up at the first hurdle.

D D
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattkel
Hi Guys,

Thanks guys

How can you get anywhwere near enough points as social care worker? Looked into it myself at one point but seemed a no goer as points did not even get close.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi,

Ian Harrop told us we didn't stand a chance at getting visas...well he was wrong because we got them in March this year.

I'd ring around at least another couple of agents to get second opinion on what your options are.

NEVER give up....we nearly did but if it weren't for one person on here who told us to do exactly that (thanks Phil!) we'd have given up at the first hurdle.

D D
We had a similar experience with George Lombard, he said we wouldnt get in - but thanks to Ian Harrop we did.

OP - the sponsor side is very easy and straight forward for your cousin. It literally is just a form. Would you need an assurer as well???
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

I dont think we need an assurer to just the sponsor, have heard yet from my cousin so not holding out much hope to be honest,
Have never felt so gutted I thought it would be so much easier than this how wrong was I
Will keep you posted on what he says

Thanks guys for all your support

Kel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.